So my wife tells me: "Honey, the gas prices are going up Monday"

"That's great honey. "

I :)

"I just did an 800+ mile tank but you're the one with the gas pedal problem. "

Yes, I actually said that to my wifey and lived to tell about it (or blog it here).

It's true. The politicians in CA have pushed to increase the taxes on gasoline: LA Time California gasoline tax increase expected to push prices higher 2013/03/04

Come Monday, it going up.

Thats OK, Governor Moon-Beam, tax all you want, cause I am driving FE now :happy feet:

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Jus, you know you're the reason they were forced to increase the tax on gas right?  You're not using enough of it!  Lol!   :happy feet:

Don't laugh...that could be very true. Infact, they were considering mileage tax with a GPS. Yes, yes, it raises a privacy issue but don't forget who is in charge here (and with SUPER majority where the opposing party is merely room warmer status) and they luv taxes like children luv ice-cream.

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

hybrid bear-i drive a new Passat and my wife drives a '99 Toyota 4Runner so she  needs the more fuel efficient car for sure. the cmax will be hers but i will try my best to borrow it as much as i can to do some testing and let me post my comments on it for you all here.

It's a win win: Higher gas taxes encourage those stuck in gas guzzlers to go green, while sustaining the income to maintain and expand our transportation infrastructure. I wish we had gas taxes at the level of Europe, personally (another, what, $4/gallon?)

By the way, it's ironic that "Governor Moonbeam" lasted as a criticism. It was first applied when he pushed for California to invest in satellite communication systems. At the time it seemed pie-in-the-sky futurism; less than a decade later, keen foresight; today, prosaically obvious. Yet somehow, it is still used as political japery. 

Edited by Noah Harbinger

It's a win win: Higher gas taxes encourage those stuck in gas guzzlers to go green, while sustaining the income to maintain and expand our transportation infrastructure. I wish we had gas taxes at the level of Europe, personally (another, what, $4/gallon?)

By the way, it's ironic that "Governor Moonbeam" lasted as a criticism. It was first applied when he pushed for California to invest in satellite communication systems. At the time it seemed pie-in-the-sky futurism; less than a decade later, keen foresight; today, prosaically obvious. Yet somehow, it is still used as political japery. 

And I'm glad your not in charge.

So a funny thing happened: Gas prices didn't increase! According to GasBuddy, prices (which are reported by users as the advertised price at the station) were on average exactly the same on 7/1 as 6/30. 

Strange how demand is dictated by price, forcing the multi-billion dollar corporate suppliers (with record profits despite the jobless "recovery") to absorb the majority of any tax increases.

MMMMM

i use Gas Buddy as well. prices are usually updated pretty frequently every few hrs or less depending on how busy your city area is. and some stations change less depending on if they are independent or a national chain. gas did go up a little from last week but is lower than a month ago.

true national gas price changes can be found here on the AAA gas price tracker site below. if you click on your state icon you can see a graph and change info details:

http://fuelgaugereport.aaa.com/?redirectto=http://fuelgaugereport.opisnet.com/index.asp

Edited by salsaguy