And another thing about EV+

MtnMarty

Does anyone know or sure if EV+ works without the factory NAV system? It let me turn it on, but I have only driven home twice since I did. I am also wondering if I can manually add locations, or does it just try to figure out your common places? The car is quite eager to run on the battery, so even with EV+ off, I was getting to places with the battery below 50% from time to time anyways, which I feel is certainly good. Even well below 50% I can drive it out of my driveway and to the exit from my development in EV mode. Then when I get on it to merge onto the main street, it fires up and run for just a mile while I am moving so it does not hit my average MPG much at all to warm things up. 

Yes all C-Maxes have EV+ there is a GPS on the car even if you don't have nav. You can force EV+ sooner than it would normally occur by Starting and Stopping the Car in the same location 11 times in a row. There is a thread on this somewhere on the boards that explains it better than I just did but what I describe is the basic method to get an EV+ location sooner.

Does anyone know or sure if EV+ works without the factory NAV system? It let me turn it on, but I have only driven home twice since I did. I am also wondering if I can manually add locations, or does it just try to figure out your common places? The car is quite eager to run on the battery, so even with EV+ off, I was getting to places with the battery below 50% from time to time anyways, which I feel is certainly good. Even well below 50% I can drive it out of my driveway and to the exit from my development in EV mode. Then when I get on it to merge onto the main street, it fires up and run for just a mile while I am moving so it does not hit my average MPG much at all to warm things up. 

(Emphasis mine) Yes, EV+ does not require navigation.  Search the forums for the answer to your other question; you will find the answer there.

Yes all C-Maxes have EV+ there is a GPS on the car even if you don't have nav. You can force EV+ sooner than it would normally occur by Starting and Stopping the Car in the same location 11 times in a row. There is a thread on this somewhere on the boards that explains it better than I just did but what I describe is the basic method to get an EV+ location sooner.

Ok, I figured it was something like that.

11 times, wow. I think I would get some odd looks pulling to the side of the highway at the top of the Newhall pass 11 times to make it an EV+ location. 

you don't have to DRIVE to those locations 11 times, you just need to be there and turn the car on/off that many times. we don't know how many locs it holds but seems like 3 is the max. you are not going to do this all over your route to get better mpg.you need to use/turn on "eco cruise" to max your mpg on the highway or when you turn cruise control on.

Edited by salsaguy

good job Adair.I'm sure that would be the limit but i guess you could try to force a new one at a 5th location (11 times on/off) and see if it keeps or replaces one of your 4 locations now when you drive back to/through it.

Edited by salsaguy

It's places you go to frequently.....home, work, etc. And it engages about 1/4 mile from that destination.

Even if you aren't going to that destination, only driving by it, you still get the benefit of EV +

Edited by Adair