Ford to Offer Free Updates to Boost Hybrid Vehicle Efficiency

Nothing here either. Dealer didn't know anything about the headliner until I told them.  :rtfm:

Hoping to get the headliner and software update at the same time.

It's kind of scary that they don't know about it since they're not supposed to show or sell vehicles under the recall.

got my appt. for monday...will let u guys know how it goes

Called my dealer and they said they just received the update today - take about one hour to do.  Scheduled the first date available - August 5th!  Yeehaa - 85 mph on electric power! :shift:

I've got my appointment for the PCM on Tuesday but they said they don't have the parts for the headliner so I'll go for that another time.  I'm looking forward to seeing what the difference will be.  

they better know about it as if they fail to do it to all their cars in stock and new ones delivered , before they demo or sell them, they will be fined $7,000 for each car in violation of the recall.

Nothing here either. Dealer didn't know anything about the headliner until I told them.  :rtfm:

Hoping to get the headliner and software update at the same time.

'Taking the plunge', 'off the deep end', ....................  Wednesday appointment for 3.5.1 is now a trifecta (per ETIS).  If I understand it correctly, the first is the 3.5.1 upgrade, the "Rear Gate..."  is the liftgate issue, and the PCM is the FE upgrade (?).  And I won't be able to watch all of the proceedings, if that is even possible. Am I crazy?     Sadly, I definitely will not be able to 'notice'/ or monitor the difference in FE if I go for it with so little data - only 4 fill-ups.  My current tank is hovering at 51 MPG (awaiting some freeway driving to pull it down).  Lifetime is at 46.1, effective at the pump would be 44+-.  Nick  (PS  I assume that if it shows up on ETIS, that it is available)

13A01 - SYNC WITH MYFORD TOUCH - APPLICATION PERFORMANCE UPGRADE
13B06 - REAR GATE TRUNK MODULE REPROGRAM
13B07 - POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM) CALIBRATION

Edited by C-MaxSeattle

Have an appointment early Monday morning (7/29/2013) for the PCM calibration at my dealer 20 freeway miles away. Will see how it performs on the return home. Said to take 1-1.5 hours. It will be their first customer for this. Maybe they have updated inventory...will ask my sales rep when there. Will report results when I return home.

We were first at our dealership for 3.5.1 or 21???

HOPING to be first for this upgrade.

36,37 mpG on 75mph tx highways IS NOT what we bought.

I believe EPA highway MPG is calculated at 55mph, not 75mph. If you are getting 36-37 MPG at 75 mph, that's outstanding and unworthy of complaint. You're driving a van-shaped, non-diesel car at speeds where the hybrid system can offer very little help.

I believe EPA highway MPG is calculated at 55mph, not 75mph. If you are getting 36-37 MPG at 75 mph, that's outstanding and unworthy of complaint. You're driving a van-shaped, non-diesel car at speeds where the hybrid system can offer very little help.

Around here the main highways have a posted speed limit of 70 MPH, a lot of people however seem to drive at 74-80 MPH. We stick to doing the posted speed limit & are averaging 36.5 MPG.

question to all..Will you reset your lifetime FE after you get this fuel economy update or leave it alone and just keep tracking with fuelly?

after the update the engine/car will be a different animal so i would think it's best to reset it to be able to compare before and after better, even though some of your early data was just getting used to driving a hybrid car as well as the engine breakin period so... your thoughts.

how often SHOULD you reset your lifetime fuel econony ? every 10,000 miles??'

Jus & recump, how do you feel about it?

robitalle,even at 70mph your driving style will not match the EPA testing so you can expect to see lower mpgs. lower your speed to 65 or 62 and you will see a greater improvement but we realize you have to go with the flow of traffic offer law.this is why the EPA test needs to be updated to match more real world environments in a hybrid not just a regular gas car.

Cool....got a very fine :headspin:  600+ Mile Maxer taking the plunge  :thumbsup:  Look forward to your review especially the freeway & impact to the ICE High MPG  :shift:

Me too, as I avoided the freeway as much as I could due to poor drivers messing up my cruising speeds. 

i thought that the parts to fix the headliner were not yet available. let us know what they do/fix/add.

They may not be.  My dealer said they were aware of the issue, but had to take things apart to figure out what exactly is wrong.  I don't have high hopes for the headliner, since they seem unsure what the problem really is.

PCM update completed (really darn quickly, I may add).  They inspected the headliner, and of course, had to order the part.  They tell me it will be in house in a few days.  I will find the headliner thread and update progress there :)  I am going to do a partial tank refill and reset Trip 1.  I will document/ update as I go.  I guess I will start a new thread for documentation purposes, since I am the first to get the update.

First Impression: Car drives like it normally does (not a "new beast").  Perhaps not so oddly, my MTE went up after the update, without driving at all.  Everything seems to run smoother as power from either motor makes it to the wheels.  So here is what the new EV limit means to us, so far.  Nothing changed when accelerating, or passing vehicles.  When you need power above 50 mph, you are still going to use the ICE.  It was VERY refreshing to see the car immediately drop to EV mode, while coasting at 75 mph.  No more idle speed use of ICE when off the gas pedal.  This must account for the improved FE at highway speeds. I also noticed the shorter warm up time from the cold start.  I never timed it before, but it certainly felt shorter after the update.

I topped off my tank and rest Trip 1.  I will continue to update how this tank goes, but I have high hopes, at the moment.

Headliner Issue: Unable to repair headliner, they are ordering the "part"  The part is actually a reinforcement kit, according to my service tech.  I have to reschedule when the part arrives.

Edited by 11StiLimited

I called my dealer today, he told me that the parts for the headliner will not be available until September. They can do the PCM update starting next Monday. They are only scheduling the update to be done on Mondays and Tuesdays. Maybe they share a tech guy between dealerships?