Ford to Offer Free Updates to Boost Hybrid Vehicle Efficiency

Has this shown up on anyones ETIS? I have been able to see the detailed information for mine. It has said since day one, "No Campaign Message(s) found".

For mine, ETIS Vehicle Summary says:

Outstanding Field Service Actions

13B07 - POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM) CALIBRATION

This text is in a pink box on the left side of the screen.  I'm calling the dealer tomorrow.

For mine, ETIS Vehicle Summary says:

Outstanding Field Service Actions

13B07 - POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM) CALIBRATION

This text is in a pink box on the left side of the screen.  I'm calling the dealer tomorrow.

The box is green for me and contains the message "No Campaign Message(s) found". I am going to do a bit of research in a few minutes. I will have a very good idea of my answer before too long. It is looking like it is built into mine.

"• Optimizing the climate control system to minimize use of the air conditioning compressor and reduce the energy used in cold weather operation"

Can this modification cause inside moisture problems when using the defroster to keep the windshield clean?

I would think not if done properly.  In fact it could help reduce moisture forming on the windshield after turning defrost back off because the glass is now so cold.  It has long been a :airquote: pet peeve of mine that defrost mode on newer cars forces AC on even when not needed.  Then when you turn it off the glass is so cold it fogs right up again. :rant:  It becomes a vicious cycle.  In colder weather a bit of heat gives good dry air without the compressor. :)

I found one on a dealer lot that was built about a month before mine. I looked it up on Etis, and boom, there is the message for PCM.

I guess I am getting one of the first ones of the line with it already done. :happy feet:

If your build date is after July 8, 2013, it already has the update according to the dealer bulletin. (post 122)

I'm surprised it is only an hour since the first news about the update said half a day. Glad it's shorter though. Good luck on the update, hopefully the dealer you choose is competent on doing the update. I had to go through 2 to find one for the mft update

Called my dealer and they said they just received the update today - take about one hour to do.  Scheduled the first date available - August 5th!  Yeehaa - 85 mph on electric power! :shift:

I called my dealer and he said he checked my vin number and no updates are available.  I actually called him because my phone still doesn't sync up right.  I specifically asked him about this fuel efficiency update and the pillar update and he just suggested I call back in 2 weeks.