Ford C-Max: Has anyone ordered one yet?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well they should be able to take orders now, but I want to drive one first to make sure I like it. I have a Fusion hybrid now and when I test drove one of those I hated the cloth seats, but liked the leather seats and went with those. So I at least want to drive either a Hybrid or Energi and see how it feels before I plunk down a bunch of money.

Well I see the dealer in Richmond that I queried does have one on the way, if you go to the Ford site and search dealer inventory and use zip 23230 it does show one VIN -- however pulling up the window sticker has a watermark on it "vehicle not for sale" but at least I should be able to see one in person soon.

Oh wait also just checked Apple Ford where I purchased once in the past, zip 21045 has 3 on the way.

Edited by jeff_h

I've checked all of the dealers in Orlando and found zero - zip - zilch. Maybe I did something wrong?

I checked Orlando and Winter Park and nothing there yet... however Tampa (33614) and St Pete (33713) each have one on the way, if you're eager to take a test drive maybe touch base with one of them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've got one on order. I didn't place a factory order. I found a dealer that had one coming in that met my specifications. Theoretically it's already built; just waiting for delivery.

My wife changed jobs and lost her company car - a nice Ford Fusion.She told me to go out and get a Prius. I told her to wait for the C-MAX, but I'll have to go get the Prius if it takes much longer.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone who pre-ordered a C-Max actually got one yet? I ordered mine over 3 months ago and don't even have a scheduled delivery date. My dealership is doing everything they can to expedite it, but Ford seems to be putting people who ordered cars at the back of the line.

They're showing up in Vancouver, BC, but not in Portland, Oregon. I waited a shorter time for my Prius in 2001.

I'm sure I'll like the car when it eventually shows up, but I'll be angry at Ford for a long time.

Has anyone who pre-ordered a C-Max actually got one yet? I ordered mine over 3 months ago and don't even have a scheduled delivery date. My dealership is doing everything they can to expedite it, but Ford seems to be putting people who ordered cars at the back of the line.

They're showing up in Vancouver, BC, but not in Portland, Oregon. I waited a shorter time for my Prius in 2001.

I'm sure I'll like the car when it eventually shows up, but I'll be angry at Ford for a long time.

I'm in almost the same exact boat. What's worse, is my dealeship does have a C-Max in stock, but yet I have no delivery date, or even a build date, for the one I ordered.