Sparky

Had a first longer drive with my new ODBII sender and Torque. There are a couple of default and input PIDs that aren't working, but otherwise getting some good info. HBATT is a provided display aka Hybrid Battery charge. SofC is input from code provided here and is not working due to missing parens on my part. Inside Temp flips back and forth between inside and 419F, but appears to be the same as HV Temp. All the rest on this screen seem to be working.

I did find I had to exit the display screen and come back to get all of them to start showing data.

screenshot.jpg

What formula are you using for amps? The XGauge code posted has an error and displays values that are half what they should be. If you translated the XGauge code into a Torque PID you might be off likewise in amps in Torque.

The Amps gauge seems to be working, showing negative numbers under acceleration and positive numbers while coasting or breaking, with "L" giving a huge positive number. Might be interesting in seeing how a stop under breaking compares to coasting in under "L" as far as regen is concerned.

Amp: HV Battery current in Amps - HV Amps - 22480b - -200 - 200 - x1 - Amps - ((((Signed(A)*256)+B)/5)/10)*-1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Marc,

Having run Torque long enough to see a relationship between the car's displays and current/state of charge/rpm I get a good value from what the CMax is presenting us. I've gone out a couple of times using only the simplified car display which now gives me a pretty fair grip on what is occurring. But I do miss glancing over at Torque to see the details. So I almost always get it running after the vehicle completes its start cycle.

The car's displays do not tell me when the charge rate is low, although seeing the instant mpg going up while still charging implies this. This is a good place to discontinue efforts to keep the engine running and let the computer make decisions for itself. A double chevron for high current flow would get my vote.

David

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

....if we could get torque to run on sync as an app  and use the big honkin display for some good...

I'd love to see Torque as a SYNC app.  I have ordered a ODB sensor and I do have a 'droid tablet I could use but would rather not figure out a mounting spot and just use the big SYNC screen. 

• 2 months later...

Santa brought me a OBDII reader and the Torque app.  I have some of the basic gages setup but there seems to be many more that are not standard.  I did look in plug ins and I see many car brands/models listed but nothing for Ford C-Max.

Is there anyway to load the additional information needed for these extra non-standard gauges or do I have to add these each by hand?  

Hi Everyone.  

Santa brought me a OBDII reader and the Torque App for Android.  I see a lot of talk about bringing in custom code to get some of the other meters going.  Just wondering if anyone has made a profile for the C-Max to use as a plugin?  I can play around and add the extra meters but I thought why reinvent the wheel if there is a plugin for this.  I see a lot of other cars listed but i don't think I seen any Fords.  

Thx

Hi Everyone.  

Santa brought me a OBDII reader and the Torque App for Android.  I see a lot of talk about bringing in custom code to get some of the other meters going.  Just wondering if anyone has made a profile for the C-Max to use as a plugin?  I can play around and add the extra meters but I thought why reinvent the wheel if there is a plugin for this.  I see a lot of other cars listed but i don't think I seen any Fords.  

Thx

Looks like I posted this twice.  I did not see it in the new content list so I assumed I forgot to save it.  Maybe I should have made a new post?