Free loaner vehicle from Ford during their mandated fixes

armoredsaint

Since there's 3 out there: hatch, headliner padding and now the Tranny update iirc.

Did your Ford dealership give you a free loaner for the day or tell you to pound sand?

I would think this is the minimum they can do since we all have to take personal time out of the day to fix their mistakes.

I'm use to it from BMW, Audi etc.

Edited by armoredsaint

Ford warranty covers the cost of an Enterprise rental only if the car is kept overnight. It shouldn't be an issue to get a rental if your car is being kept overnight. If it's a 1 day job then it's up to the dealer if they'll provide you anything or not.

It clear in the Ford Warranty Manual that rentals are not covered under the New Car Ford Warranty.  It's good will if Ford or the dealer gives one a rental.

Ford and your dealer are not responsible for any time or income that
you lose, any inconvenience you might be caused, the loss of your
transportation or use of your vehicle, the cost of rental vehicles, fuel,
telephone, travel, meals, or lodging, the loss of personal or commercial
property, the loss of revenue, or for any other incidental or
consequential damages you may have.

I called the dealer that I bought the C-Max from to have 13B06, 13B07, and 12M02 done. I made the appointment and then they told me they do not give out loaners. Had to cancel the appointment as I was not going to sit at the dealership for a full day waiting for the work to be done. Looks like that dealer is not interested in any future service work from me.

It seems that whether or not a loaner car is supplied varies from one dealer to another. The dealer I purchased My CMax from has offered me a car each time I've had to leave any of my Fords for service. But, this dealer had one of the worst reputations around for many years. I only went here a couple of cars ago because a family friend had started working there. I mentioned it to him, that he was the reason I was even thinking of buying here. He took me directly to the owners office and told him what I had said about my previous dealings with this dealership. The owner said he had completely cleaned house and taken a more hands on approach because of the reputation the dealership had earned. He gave me his home and cell number and urged me to call him if I ever felt I wasn't receiving the service I felt I should. He also introduced me to his son who is manager of the dealership. His son did the same, gave me home and cell number. I thought this was encouraging and decided to buy from them. This was no big purchase just a base model Focus, but they made me feel like I was their most important customer and they wanted me happy.

A few months after the first purchase the family friend moved out of state, so I have no more connection there. But, I have since bought two more cars from them (1 being the CMax), and have them service my T-Bird which wasn't purchased from them. I'm thoroughly pleased and both owner and son remember my name when they see me and ask about each of the cars.

A different larger local dealer made me sign a paper, with my purchase papers, where I had to acknowledge that they did not make loaners available for service visits but that they did have rentals by the day if required, at my cost. They never got another bit of my business. This dealer must have changed their practices as a previous poster spoke their praise. But, a lost customer is hard to reclaim.

Sorry for the long post. YMMV

Edited by MichaelM

Took our car in on Monday for the headliner and newest software update fixes. They swore it would be ready at the end of the day, so I figured I wouldn't ask for a car. Son is home from college and I can bum a ride off of him.

It was ready yesterday.

The only reason I'm not fuming over this is that I ended up with an eye infection and can't drive anyway. Husband and son picked the car up yesterday, took it out on the freeway, and got over 70MPH in EV mode. Cool.

When the C-Max broke down earlier this summer 300+ miles from home, the local dealer did not hesitate to offer me a rental. they said it was covered under warranty. So perhaps an emergency repair is a different situation than a recall?

I got a souped up Mustang and a 4 door F250 for my fixes/recalls. Would rather have sat in the service dept to be honest.

I got a Kia Soul. You've seen the ads with the hamsters? That's what's under the hood.

But hey, it got me home and back down to the Houston area to pick up my car when it was ready.

Every time I've brought my car in for some repairs (not just service), I've gotten a rental from the Enterprise they have on the property.  This has been true even if repairs were expected to be finished by the end of the day.  No hassle: "It'll take a few hours, so I'll give you a voucher for a rental".  I've been impressed with Drew Ford Service!