Refund checks?

mtb9153

Ford did the right thing because the C-Max can't get 47 combined (unless you're a hyper-miller).

Now if the EPA will do the right thing because the C-Max can't EVEN get close to 40 on the highways we drive on (TX, CO and NM).

HhMm maybe 75 is too slow, we'll try 80 in Utah next summer.

I bet that's it 80MPH = 40MPG :yahoo: !

"C-Max can't EVEN get close to 40 on the highways .........."

Ya, not a chance in heck.

70% highway

DSC 4850

No, I don't hypermile, no mods, and most importantly, no I don't expect high 40s going 70, 75, 80 MPH on the freeway/Interstate.
(EPA numbers do not reflect freeway/interstate speeds for any car)

Glad you are enjoying your car,
Nick

PS  Planning, expecting, thrilled with 43,44,45 MPG in the long term.
PSS Yes, let's hope the EPA grows up and begins a third element - Interstate Freeway rating for 65-80 MPH. (not 'holding my breath')
Edited by C-MaxSea

Anyone a second owner?

We inherited ours from my in-laws, registered it in NYS Sept 9. The check was issued in early October and delivered to their vacant house in my FIL's name. It becomes part of the estate...

I'm wondering if Ford is rebating initial purchasers, or current owners...

Have fun,

Frank

The rebate goes to the registered owner as of September 6, 2013. Frank, I am a second owner of my C-Max. When I phoned with a similar question as yours, Ford told me that eligibility for the rebate was based on ownership as of the date of the settlement, which was September 6, 2013. So whoever was the registered owner of the vehicle at that time would have received the rebate; hence your in-laws. I'm sorry this gets hung up in estate law in your case.

I have a Hyundai Genesis that fell under their program based on incorrect  testing adn reporting of EPA mileage, and the adjustment they made to the window sticker mileage ratings.  Hyundai got sued once this issue came out.

IN that program, you have to go online to register, then go into the dealership to have the odometer read and reported, then they issue a gift card for the amount that they calculated as due.  In my case, car had 15,000 miles and I got under $200 back.  You have to go back periodically for updating the rebate in case you have enough mileage added to the previous reported amount.

Pretty complicated and dealer has not been good about their reporting.....

As others stated, Ford had enough backbone to stand up and admit the issue and make a blanket approach.  In my view, it is still rare for companies to do that.

Hi, I'm a reporter working on a story about the disparities between real-world fuel economy that drivers get versus the EPA ratings, and how automakers deal with this challenge. You've got a really unique story as a customer having experienced these restatements by both Hyundai and Ford. Would you be willing to speak with me?

• 1 month later...