What did you do with the MPG rebate check?

fotomoto

Cashed the check and put it on a Bank Debit card for purchase of toys for me.  To date I have bought a wireless 1TB external Seagate HD ($199.99) for archiving my 500+ HD movies from iTunes.  Also I bought a my new Hella LED DRL lights ($130).  Lastly a Craftsman wet/dry vac for my garage ($40).  The remainder of the balance went to the wife for whatever she deems more important than me blowing the whole wad which I would have done given the opportunity.

Edited by mtb9153

It is earmarked for a 7 year / 100k mile extended warranty for the car.  Should cover over half of it.

Shop around, you should be able to beat your dealers price by a BIG%.

Check the internet, here's a google search.

https://www.google.com/search?as_q=&as_epq=ford+extended+warranty&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&lr=&cr=&as_qdr=all&as_sitesearch=&as_occt=any&safe=images&tbs=&as_filetype=&as_rights=

I got a quote from a Ford dealer in Florida, just before our regular warranty ran out. Ford ESP, NOT one of those cheaper dealer only plans.

Printed it, took it to my dealer and asked if they could meet or beat it.

He came back $20 higher... I took it and got at least 1/2 back when we bought the cmax.

Take a look at this one, I picked it because it was close to the top of pg1.

We didn't pay nearly this much in 2010 for a nicely loaded 08 MKX because we waited till the warranty was almost over.

Edited by wab

Been saving my pennies ever since the hubs mentioned he would like to have a plasma cutter thing.  They're pricey, so I never figured I'd be able to surprise him with one.  But if I add this check to the change I've been hoarding from the washing machine, I might just be able to pull it off.  Now I actually have to go read up on this plasma cutter thingy so I can speak intelligently about it while trying to find out how to decide what's a decent one!

Thanks Ford!  It should be a good Christmas!!

Spark plugs/seals/valve cover gaskets and a windshield for my gas hog Lincoln aviator. Big heavy AWD with a V8, 138k miles, ~12 mpg lol

But I fixed it's oil leak and misfire, and the windshield was so pitted it was difficult to see through. It finally had cracked bad so I bit the bullet.

Tried to give it back.

Seriously.

No one called back from Ford.

So I had the interior of the max redone in red velvet with red dingaballs hanging down around the windows.

Had some left over, so I bought a giant voltron suit.

Wanted to mount phasers, couldn't afford it, had to settle for disruptors.

Did get smoke screen and oil slick and caltrop dispensers working.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...