Customer Satisfaction Program 13B12: 12 Volt battery problems

salman

• 1 month later...

I have to say I love my C-Max and Ford has been good about the myriad recalls/problems with the C-Max, it seems to me.  Ashley here is very helpful too.  This is my first American car in 40 or 50 years and I really do like it BUT, all the recalls!  It seems my C-Max is back to the dealer way too much.  I had an eye doctor appt. the other morning and the battery was dead.  I have officially named my 2013 C-Max "Recall".  Would appreciate any info on a vehicle exchange.  I've already been told (nicely) by Ford that all these recalls do not qualify for a buy back.

• 5 weeks later...

I had my C Max Se for just about one year and never had a "dead Battery" issue.   I brought my car into a Massachusetts dealer for 13BIZ and oil change on a Friday, two days latter on Sunday my battery was dead.   No dome light, no gauges, no electric locks, not able to shift car so I jump start easier.   If this is the fix for a problem I never had until after I had the fix thank you very much FORD.

• 1 month later...

Had 7 battery failures before they did the first recall and replaced the battery. Another battery failure, they did a software update, checked the charging system and charged the battery. Another battery failure, also had warning to repair advan trac and airbag light came on and stayed on. Been sitting at the dealer for 2 weeks. Said part needed is now backordered until July. Was told I could come get it. Asked if I had a jump box, I said no. Guess they want their loaner back. Wonder if the airbag will even deploy if needed?

• 3 weeks later...

Had 7 battery failures before they did the first recall and replaced the battery. Another battery failure, they did a software update, checked the charging system and charged the battery. Another battery failure, also had warning to repair advan trac and airbag light came on and stayed on. Been sitting at the dealer for 2 weeks. Said part needed is now backordered until July. Was told I could come get it. Asked if I had a jump box, I said no. Guess they want their loaner back. Wonder if the airbag will even deploy if needed?

Has your car been fixed? Do you know which module was replaced? My car is doing the exact same thing (advancetrak inop and airbags inop). They both happened simultaneously, although I'm also seeing the 'wrench' symbol come and go. My dealer doesn't offer loaners and I can't afford to be without my car. Not sure if this is related, but my battery was replaced last week as it wouldn't hold a charge.

Has your car been fixed? Do you know which module was replaced? My car is doing the exact same thing (advancetrak inop and airbags inop). They both happened simultaneously, although I'm also seeing the 'wrench' symbol come and go. My dealer doesn't offer loaners and I can't afford to be without my car. Not sure if this is related, but my battery was replaced last week as it wouldn't hold a charge.

Nope! Still not fixed.Been driving around in a car that is not to be sold or driven for demo purposes for over a month now. Still waiting!!!

Nope! Still not fixed.Been driving around in a car that is not to be sold or driven for demo purposes for over a month now. Still waiting!!!

I would definitely get a jumper battery for $50 to protect yourself or if you have a battery charger just plug it in at night so you don't have to worry about it. :) 

Paul

Really think it is Ford that should be buying me the $50 jumper battery!

Unfortunately that is an unrealistic expectation, I have my car in today to replace a rear bearing and was able to get ride to work in their shuttle van. I wasn't going to rent a car. For me the time and inconvenience is worth  $50 to keep from making dead 12V battery a real problem. FORD will fix the problems eventually. IMHO :)

Paul

Unfortunately that is an unrealistic expectation, I have my car in today to replace a rear bearing and was able to get ride to work in their shuttle van. I wasn't going to rent a car. For me the time and inconvenience is worth  $50 to keep from making dead 12V battery a real problem. FORD will fix the problems eventually. IMHO :)

Paul

$50 jumper battery is cheaper than a loaner car or using their roadside assistance.

Hi Paul,

I traded in the C-Max on a 2014 Ford Focus.  Same frame I believe but the Focus is a smaller less classy vehicle.  Less amenities, not as nice a ride, feels flimsier but I don't have to drive 45 minutes and pay $300 for an oil change like I had to do with my Porsche.  Ford dealer is in my small town.  I looked up recalls for the Focus.  Zero recalls in 2013 and 2014 model years.

:)

Do I miss the C-Max, definitely.

Do I miss all its problems and time spent at the dealer, not at all!

C-max was getting 43.2 m.p.g.  Focus if getting 28.8 and increasing.

Don

p.s. I'd love a Tesla!!!!

Edited by dweiser

Hi Paul,

I traded in the C-Max on a 2014 Ford Focus.  Same frame I believe but the Focus is a smaller less classy vehicle.  Less amenities, not as nice a ride, feels flimsier but I don't have to drive 45 minutes and pay $300 for an oil change like I had to do with my Porsche.  Ford dealer is in my small town.  I looked up recalls for the Focus.  Zero recalls in 2013 and 2014 model years.

:)

Do I miss the C-Max, definitely.

Do I miss all its problems and time spent at the dealer, not at all!

C-max was getting 43.2 m.p.g.  Focus if getting 28.8 and increasing.

Don

p.s. I'd love a Tesla!!!!

I went the other way with 2007 Focus to CMAX.  I worked on it till I got 40 to 45mpg on HWY but 28mpg around town. I put Goodyear Fuel Max on and gained 3-5mpg. :) 

Paul