Anyone noticed a problem starting in Reverse?

CNCGeek

Perhaps it's waiting for the backup camera to be available (assuming, of course, you have that feature). 

That is a good thought.  I will sit and wait for back up camera next time if it is slow to come on.  My last reverse issue occurred when I put it into reverse when it said ready to drive, but I had no back up camera coming on and I put it into reverse with no luck.

I've backed up many times w/o waiting for the screen to come on.  I think it's just a speed issue.

I would be extremely surprised if the MFT system had any control over the mechanics of the driving system. I highly doubt that.  The software for the airbag for example has to meet more stringent regulations than the MFT system.

I've started paying more attention since first having this problem. In my case, it *seems* to occur when I shift into reverse before the Borg collective approves, and displays the big message that it's OK to drive. The little green car on the lower right was lit, so I had assumed it was OK. But it sometimes takes a little while for the larger message to appear. If I don't wait for it, I get a check engine light, and the car won't respond.

This seems a bit strange, because I had thought that it was impossible to shift out of Park until all systems were Go.

I think Mistergizmo and wab are absolutely correct.  My husband never has the reverse issue and he is a retired airline pilot who is so methodical with his "pre-flight check list" that I want to pull my hair out while we are getting ready for departure.  I have had the issue 3 times and I tend to have my head filled with other things and I am always in a hurry to the extent that I can almost forget to open the garage door before backing up <g>.  I have found that doing everything in the C-Max with a methodical slow approach averts many issues.  My old nav. from November purchase works tickety boo from day one as I am very slow with it--basically because I am a techno phobe and have to go slow.

• 4 months later...

I have had that problem many times but I just turn it off and restart and it goes the second time or as mentioned some times it will go the first time after a few seconds. After all the updates mine has not had any problems with this at all. Ready to go when I put in in reverse.  

I have had that problem many times but I just turn it off and restart and it goes the second time or as mentioned some times it will go the first time after a few seconds. After all the updates mine has not had any problems with this at all. Ready to go when I put in in reverse.  

Thats good news.  I am going in next week to get the recalls taken care of and the system update programmed.  So far though, the car's hesitancy to go into reverse has been an almost daily occurrence.

I had this issue several times before the recall, but none since.  I also make sure that my foot is on the brake and that the "OK to Drive" sign is displayed before i shift into reverse.  With a car as computerized as this one, a little patience is a virtue.  It needs a few seconds to "boot up"  just like your laptop!