Microsoft Syndrome

Did you ever experience, that if something goes wrong with your Sync (like frozen part of the system: either the radio or navi or something else) - it is good to remember who designed the system? Just like in old MS Windows-powered PC's - if something goes wrong just press the reset or (if it is possible) - restart everything?

Today again I was able to revive the malfunctioning SYNC by turning the car off and opening - then - closing the door and turning the car again. They should rather install a "reset"/"reboot" button. Hardware button.

I've been having allot of MFT issues this week and it is strange because it has been good since I got the last software upgrade back last Summer.  Lately my iphone 5 has not been functioning right with the sync system.  Also I've been having moments when using the NAV and the screen is locked up and shows me driving through buildings I'm driving past.  Also a couple times I backed Maxus up and after shifting into drive the MFT screen locks up still in the backup mode and stays that way for quite awhile before switching on it's own.  Really nuts stuff like that.  Making me crazy and I don't want to take it in and be without my ride for an afternoon or more. I've never done a reboot and I'm not even sure how to do it.  Why couldn't Ford choose Apple as their software and system provider, I rarely get so frustrated with any of my many Apple products.  :gaah:

Edited by mtb9153

I really liked the C-Max and own it despite the user interface.  I find the design of the user interface pretty crappy.  I am not sure how much of that is the Microsoft influence and how much is it the Ford influence or perhaps "Birds of a feather flock together."

FYI

http://www.linuxfoundation.org/news-media/blogs/browse/2013/11/automotive-linux-leaves-microsoft-and-blackberry-qnx-dust

Edited by obob

Some version of Linux is almost certainly what they would have used if they were to design the system today, but Windows CE was probably the only viable option several years ago when they started with this system. Maybe the Microsoft name was even considered a plus back then.

I think a big part of the problem is that the system is under-powered and is probably stretched to the breaking point trying to do all that it does in a modern car.

Ours has been VERY stable for several months.

Before the last upgrade I found that if I rebooted my phone everything cleared up.

PLUS when I turned OFF"automatic phonebook download, re-download your phonebook"

the whole system became quicker/more responsive.

Did you ever experience, that if something goes wrong with your Sync (like frozen part of the system: either the radio or navi or something else) - it is good to remember who designed the system? Just like in old MS Windows-powered PC's - if something goes wrong just press the reset or (if it is possible) - restart everything?

Today again I was able to revive the malfunctioning SYNC by turning the car off and opening - then - closing the door and turning the car again. They should rather install a "reset"/"reboot" button. Hardware button.

I've been having allot of MFT issues this week and it is strange because it has been good since I got the last software upgrade back last Summer.  Lately my iphone 5 has not been functioning right with the sync system.  Also I've been having moments when using the NAV and the screen is locked up and shows me driving through buildings I'm driving past.  Also a couple times I backed Maxus up and after shifting into drive the MFT screen locks up still in the backup mode and stays that way for quite awhile before switching on it's own.  Really nuts stuff like that.  Making me crazy and I don't want to take it in and be without my ride for an afternoon or more. I've never done a reboot and I'm not even sure how to do it.  Why couldn't Ford choose Apple as their software and system provider, I rarely get so frustrated with any of my many Apple products.  :gaah:

Hi, pjurek99 and mtb9153,

Have either of you been to your dealer to get these issues resolved, and are you both on the latest version of software? Like wab said, turning Auto Phonebook Download off, along with Wi-Fi, has been known to help. Also, ArizonaEnergi posted some great instructions on how to reset MFT:

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/2151-i-lost-voice-commands/?p=39853

Let me know if you have any questions.

Rebecca

I am going to JUS throw in my 2c as well.....

My MFT this week proved to me that Global Warming does exist. I have NEVER seen that, before in my MFT where I leave my garage, it is -40F and when I get to work, it is 108F. Funny, I did not sweat one bit....

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/3370-the-c-max-bar-the-best-place-to-greet-talk/page-4?do=findComment&comment=40001

No, I did not report this as MFT was fine the next day...and has been since. Weird.

My Contacts List on my phone is constantly updated. If I turn it off - how can I access the newly added contacts? 

You can go in to the phone settings on MFT to manually download your phonebook if you update it. Here are the steps:

PHONE > SETTINGS > MANAGE PHONEBOOK > DOWNLOAD (next to Re-download Phonebook)

ouch the Phone corner > Settings > Manage Phonebook. - See more at: http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/manage-phonebook-sync-myford-touch#sthash.6GY58SlD.dpuf

I am going to JUS throw in my 2c as well.....

My MFT this week proved to me that Global Warming does exist. I have NEVER seen that, before in my MFT where I leave my garage, it is -40F and when I get to work, it is 108F. Funny, I did not sweat one bit....

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/3370-the-c-max-bar-the-best-place-to-greet-talk/page-4?do=findComment&comment=40001

No, I did not report this as MFT was fine the next day...and has been since. Weird.

And here I thought 19 degrees was feeling pretty warm LOL. If it happens again, please let your dealership know what's going on.

Rebecca

Hi, pjurek99 and mtb9153,

Have either of you been to your dealer to get these issues resolved, and are you both on the latest version of software? Like wab said, turning Auto Phonebook Download off, along with Wi-Fi, has been known to help. Also, ArizonaEnergi posted some great instructions on how to reset MFT:

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/2151-i-lost-voice-commands/?p=39853

Let me know if you have any questions.

Rebecca

Rebecca, I have the most recent software installed.  I could try turning off Auto Phonebook download along with WiFi and see if it helps any?  No I haven't addressed this issue with my dealer (Frontier Ford).  I need to take my car in for the door chime recall and I will ask them to check into this problem, but I think in might be incompatibility with iPhone 5

Edited by mtb9153

Would it be possible to test your theory for a day, mtb9153? You can delete your phone from SYNC and SYNC from your phone to see if you still have any problems. This way we can eliminate one suspect. :)

Rebecca

Rebecca I can certainly delete both from each other but that means I can't take calls hands free so I'll have to find my ear piece and use that during the test.