Rebate offers - how good is good?

Hi everyone.

Just wonder what others thought of the current rebate that Ford is offering on the C-Max and what we think might happen in the future?  

Sales have been way down for the C-max but they are starting to rebound.  Do we think that rebates in September will get better.  What has been the history of rebates for this vehicle?  I tried to find some history but could not find much. 

Thx

The residual value will be lower but Ford makes it up with rebates. September may be the last month for any good rebates that are given. The C-max isn't highly advertised. I call it Ford's hidden Gem because it really is. Oct is when the 2015 should be rolling out.

Yes there is a vet rebate but I am not one.  Thx for the tip.  

Someone posted in the forum that they received an offer in the mail for $750 off.  I wonder how they got on that list?  

Looking at the list of cars with my options/color I could only find 1 car that would work.  I guess I will wait and see what the next round of rebate offers Ford has in September. The current offers end Sept 2nd.  I might have to wait for next years model unless Ford comes up with something good quickly.   

scottwood2, one thing Ford has done in the past and I got one for my 2012 Focus, go to the Ford website and request a brouchure and indicate you are considering buying in the next 1-3 months. When I did that, I received a $750 discount coupon attached to the brouchure. It's worth a try anyway.

scottwood2, one thing Ford has done in the past and I got one for my 2012 Focus, go to the Ford website and request a brouchure and indicate you are considering buying in the next 1-3 months. When I did that, I received a $750 discount coupon attached to the brouchure. It's worth a try anyway.

Good Idea. I never asked for a mailed brochure, I only downloaded one.  Worth a try.  Thx 

I don't know how long you're willing to wait...

Dealers who are highly motivated to move aging inventory (look up 'inventory floor planning' in your favorite search engine) may offer discounts as large or larger than the other rebates and incentives.

In my opinion, the incentives available on 2014's will not likely change substantially in the next 90 days, but the motivation for dealers to move 'leftover' models will increase after the new (2015) model year arrives in showrooms. If sales of the 2014 and 2015 C-MAX continue to increase steadily with no more CR scare stories and no more EPA rating decreases, incentives on 2015's could even shrink by Spring.

We bought our 2013 C-MAX SE, built in April 2013, at the end of March 2014 for $4830 off sticker including all incentives, with no trade-in.

We were prepared to pay cash, but financed some of the price for 120 days to get the $2500 incentives. And we negotiated away the $500 dealer doc fee, the extra-cost pin-striping, window VIN# Etching, and $50 for 100% nitrogen in the tires, all items dealers like to use to pad the bottom line profit margin. They really wanted to sell us that car that day!

We also saved several hundred dollars in Indiana state license plate excise tax and fees, based on vehicle age and base vehicle sticker price. The tax decreases annually for the first 10 years of ownership. For licensing purposes, every car in Indiana begins life at '1 year old'. So our new 2013 purchased in 2014 was a 2-year-old car by state calculation. And we only paid for a pro-rated 5 months of Year 2 tax (April through August). We renew plates annually at the end of August, so now we're paying tax on a 3-year-old vehicle. Taking the time to understand these arcane state licensing rules and regulations did save money!

And we received the $475 goodwill payment from Ford for the most recent EPA sticker decrease in June 2014.

Edited by kostby

I found that there are other rebates listed on Motortrend online.  One was a $500 rebate for suppliers.  I checked with my dealer and he sent me a list of which suppliers get this $500 rebate as well as a target list of companies getting the $750 coupon. 

Looks like none of this is going to work for me.  I guess I will wait and see what happens in September. 

$1,500

Retail Customer Cash 1

and

$1,000

Ford Credit Retail Bonus Customer Cash 2

and

$1,000

Competitive Lease Conquest 3

1.Program #12602:Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 09/02/2014. Not all C-Max Hybrid models may qualify. See dealer for residency restrictions and complete details. 

2.Program #12610: $1,000.00 Ford Credit Bonus cash requires Ford Credit financing. Not all buyers will qualify. Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 09/02/2014. Not all C-Max Hybrid models may qualify. See dealer for residency restrictions, qualifications and complete details. 
3.Competitive Lease Conquest (30032) is available to customers that currently lease a competitive (non-Ford Motor Company) vehicle or have terminated a competitive lease up to 30 days prior to new retail delivery. Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 09/30/2014. Residency restrictions apply. See dealer for complete details. 

You can sub for #2

APR Financing 5

0.0 % for 36 months
0.0 % for 48 months
0.0 % for 60 months
1.9 % for 72 months

5.Program #20540: Not all buyers will qualify. Ford Credit limited-term APR financing. Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 09/02/2014. Not all C-Max Hybrid models may qualify. See dealer for residency restrictions qualifications and complete details. 

You can sub for the cash completely

APR Financing 7

0.0 % for 36 months
0.0 % for 48 months
0.0 % for 60 months
0.0 % for 72 months

7.Program #20556: Not all buyers will qualify. Ford Credit limited-term APR financing. Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 09/02/2014. Not all C-Max Hybrid models may qualify. See dealer for residency restrictions qualifications and complete details. 

Edited by MichaelM

$1,500

Retail Customer Cash 1

and

$1,000

Ford Credit Retail Bonus Customer Cash 2

and

$1,000

Competitive Lease Conquest 3

1.Program #12602:Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 09/02/2014. Not all C-Max Hybrid models may qualify. See dealer for residency restrictions and complete details. 

2.Program #12610: $1,000.00 Ford Credit Bonus cash requires Ford Credit financing. Not all buyers will qualify. Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 09/02/2014. Not all C-Max Hybrid models may qualify. See dealer for residency restrictions, qualifications and complete details. 

3.Competitive Lease Conquest (30032) is available to customers that currently lease a competitive (non-Ford Motor Company) vehicle or have terminated a competitive lease up to 30 days prior to new retail delivery. Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 09/30/2014. Residency restrictions apply. See dealer for complete details. 

You can sub for #2

APR Financing 5

0.0 % for 36 months

0.0 % for 48 months

0.0 % for 60 months

1.9 % for 72 months

5.Program #20540: Not all buyers will qualify. Ford Credit limited-term APR financing. Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 09/02/2014. Not all C-Max Hybrid models may qualify. See dealer for residency restrictions qualifications and complete details. 

You can sub for the cash completely

APR Financing 7

0.0 % for 36 months

0.0 % for 48 months

0.0 % for 60 months

0.0 % for 72 months

7.Program #20556: Not all buyers will qualify. Ford Credit limited-term APR financing. Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 09/02/2014. Not all C-Max Hybrid models may qualify. See dealer for residency restrictions qualifications and complete details. 

Thx for the post.  The competitive lease option also does not work for me but the others do.  I guess I am hoping that something more will come along that I do qualify for.  How about something for just switching to a ford.  Scion and Chevy in my driveway now.  Ford are you listening?  

I don't like seeing all these little special rebates to only a few and Ford seems to have a lot of them.  

Thx for the post.  The competitive lease option also does not work for me but the others do.  I guess I am hoping that something more will come along that I do qualify for.  How about something for just switching to a ford.  Scion and Chevy in my driveway now.  Ford are you listening?  

I don't like seeing all these little special rebates to only a few and Ford seems to have a lot of them.  

EDITED:

Find a suitable 2013 C-MAX and you can 0% financing for up to 72 months plus $1750 cash back, or $3250 cash back without the 0% financing;

For a 2013 C-MAX Energi 0% financing for 72 months plus $5000 cash back. The Energi also qualifies for the $4007 Federal Income Tax Credit, but you must have at least $4007 in Federal Income taxes to claim the full credit. http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/taxphevb.shtml

Current Ford Incentives (48201 Zip Code)

http://www.yourlocalfordstores.com/Vehicles?Vehicle=2013%20Ford%20C-MAX

Here's the pdf, in case the screen link doesn't work for you:

post-1940-0-29528300-1407796136_thumb.png

Edited by kostby

• 2 weeks later...