Battery dead, locked out

I have a 2014 C-Max energi... My car had to sit for about a month and in that time the battery died. None of the keys, the big one, or the ones located in the main and spare fobs fit into the driver's side handle. Is there a way to pop the hood manually, is the latch accessible, from the front in order to jump the battery? 

Any other suggestions to help me get into my car are welcome! 

Thank you

Confused by your description of the keys. What is "the big" key you're talking about? If you have pushbutton start then you should only have two metal keys--the ones that slide out of each fob. Are your fobs original? The key inserts should be identical--if you hold both of them together they should have the same exact pattern cut into them. Are you sure you are turning them (to the right) hard enough? Possible that your door lock is stiff due to non-use. 

Unfortunately there's no other way in other than jimmying the door lock or calling a locksmith.

13 hours ago, bookemdano said:

Confused by your description of the keys. What is "the big" key you're talking about? If you have pushbutton start then you should only have two metal keys--the ones that slide out of each fob. Are your fobs original? The key inserts should be identical--if you hold both of them together they should have the same exact pattern cut into them. Are you sure you are turning them (to the right) hard enough? Possible that your door lock is stiff due to non-use. 

Unfortunately there's no other way in other than jimmying the door lock or calling a locksmith.

There is what looks like a regular 'old school' key that was on the same ring as the fob. Yes, as far as i know the fobs are original. Problem is the key from inside the fob doesn't go in all the way. If the lock is stiff as you suggested,  would like wd40 help? I really would like to avoid having to damage the door.

7 hours ago, Goddessme said:

There is what looks like a regular 'old school' key that was on the same ring as the fob. Yes, as far as i know the fobs are original. Problem is the key from inside the fob doesn't go in all the way. If the lock is stiff as you suggested,  would like wd40 help? I really would like to avoid having to damage the door.

Hmm, did you buy this car from a dealer? I wonder if the metal key inserts were from a different vehicle and got accidentally or purposely swapped into your fobs. If you hold them up next to each other do they look like they have an identical pattern cut into them?

Does the pattern on them also match the old school key that's on the ring? I really don't think that key is original. If your car has traditional keyed ignition you get two of those old school keys (which woud have the unlock/lock buttons built into the plastic head of the key). If you have pushbutton ignition then you get two fobs with metal key inserts.

You can try WD40 in the door lock--maybe there's some foreign object in there that's preventing the key from inserting all the way. You might try some compressed air blasts too. But it also sounds possible that none of your metal keys are the actual ones that came with the vehicle. If that's the case then your best bet would probably be getting a locksmith out to get your door open. Sucks to have to pay, but they can usually do it without damaging your door.

You could also take all your keys (plus the car's VIN) to a Ford dealership--they can probably tell you if any of them are a match for your car. Locksmiths might also have access to that information--I don't know.

Good luck!

Edited by bookemdano

• 2 weeks later...

That is great news -- I don't know why I didn't ask before but have you tried replacing the coin cell battery inside the FOB?  It's a CR 2032 (I think this is the same battery used on some computer motherboards).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfLI9hLNHdw

I had a little trouble at first with mine too - with the emergency keys there isn't much to grab onto to get leverage -- glad it is working.

Edited by jestevens

5 hours ago, Goddessme said:

Good news.... after persistently trying to get the key fob key to turn it finally did and I was able to open up my car! Thanks for all your help! Much appreciated! 

Did you not know that the end of the emergency key is stuck into the slot in the fob to get mechanical advantage to turn key in lock.

B3F169E3-495B-4E1C-9D64-42690499AD53.jpeg