POSSIBLE FIX FOR WRONG SYNC CALENDAR DATE

Generalbeluga

I have perviously posted that my calendar is always set a day ahead of the correct date.  This is a known issue but, since there is no user interface to adjust the day/date, I was frustrated with this relatively minor software issue.  I have read on this forum that the incorrect date was caused by a faulty initial setting in the on-board GPS system.  Apparently all CMax's have GPS even if they don't have NAV; something to do with time zones or the like.  Well, today I signed on to MapQuest on my Mac and downloaded to the car a route for a trip that my wife and I were taking.  When I returned home, I noticed that the calendar was now displaying the correct day/date!  I am surmising that when MapQuest interfaced with my on-board SYNC and downloaded the route, it probably corrected the day/date on the car's GPS.   In any case, it is now correct and I thought I would pass it along to the forum.  If anyone else has the wrong calendar date issue, try downloading a MapQuest route to your car and let us all know if it fixed it.  

I wish it were that easy! The AM/PM setting was the first thing that I checked. Last night at 10:30 PM I checked the date and it had moved ahead to Sunday. When I changed the setting to AM, the day moved back to the correct day, Saturday. It seems to me that my SYNC must be set to the wrong time zone, but I cannot find any user interface allowing me to set the time zone. Does anyone know if setting the time zone is possible? I have the standard radio with no NAV.

I wish it were that easy! The AM/PM setting was the first thing that I checked. Last night at 10:30 PM I checked the date and it had moved ahead to Sunday. When I changed the setting to AM, the day moved back to the correct day, Saturday. It seems to me that my SYNC must be set to the wrong time zone, but I cannot find any user interface allowing me to set the time zone. Does anyone know if setting the time zone is possible? I have the standard radio with no NAV.

The manual doesn't mention any time zone settings except for Nav equipped vehicles. Maybe this is fixed in 3.5.1, I have an appointment with my dealer tomorrow for my Fuel Filler Inlet problem and will check on the update then.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...