600+Mile CMax Club

Jus-A-CMax

Busy gearing up for the daughters wedding. Work. Work. Work. Got thd pool summer ready. Dinner with friends. Family. Work. Trips to the camp. Wedding. Work. Hanging with a friend riding in her new cmax! Talking cars. Work.

Sometimes I sleep. Hahahaha.

Oh. And walking. After walking in the heat I am drained. Then its shower and bed and start all over.

Oh. And work. Haha.

It's hoooot here. My average is down and my trip mpg is down. But I refuse to be hot to save some miles.

what will happen is, I will top 750, then you will hit 800. :)

Its all good. I love driving this car!

Matt

Then you hit 805 and I hit 807 and then orphoto comes in at 808...rarified air in the stratosphere... :drool:

Yeah, I am really blown away by how efficient the CMax is at the surface street speeds with 33mph is the sweet spot. Add some basic hypermiling techniques - WOW - better than a front seat at the Victoria Secret launch and models blowing kisses at yer ;) .

As I admitted way early in this thread, with > 50% freeway, there was no way to break the 700 miles, 630-640 is the limit but switch over to 100% surface and its a whole new ball game. I never even considered how good this car was until out of the blue when you easily thrashed the old records with your more surface streets. Also, I think this is very repeatable by everyone as well, not just you and I - eventhought we both have the advantage of well broken in cars as compared to many other here who yet to break the 10,000, let alone 15,000 on the odo.

Tonight when I was driving home, it almost felt a "lightness" to the car, as if it was floating and that is a very nice feeling to have if you're hypermiling. May be just an illusion but it felt great.

What I am pleased about is that I now totally know how this car would do with a lot of freeway and now alot of surface street. About now, I would rate the City as 55MPGs and Freeway at 50MPGs just basic. Hypermile it and you can easily add 2 MPGs to it.

Matt - you also have PM so if you don't mind checking ;)

Busy gearing up for the daughters wedding. Work. Work. Work. Got thd pool summer ready. Dinner with friends. Family. Work. Trips to the camp. Wedding. Work. Hanging with a friend riding in her new cmax! Talking cars. Work.

Sometimes I sleep. Hahahaha.

Oh. And walking. After walking in the heat I am drained. Then its shower and bed and start all over.

Oh. And work. Haha.

It's hoooot here. My average is down and my trip mpg is down. But I refuse to be hot to save some miles.

Yep, thats sensible. It's mildly hot here, peaking at 83F but mostly low 70s.

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Jus - I've been away for a while and missed your 700 party.  Sorry I wasn't there to buy a round for you!

I just wanted to chime in to say WAY TO GO MAN!!!   I also need to shout out to orphoto. WAY TO GO ORPHOTO!!

I agree with you that Matt will keep pushing you both, even with a 300 pound anchor in the back no less!

Thanks for the tips on what to expect regarding surface roads VS freeways. I agree that the window sticker should up the number for City, and perhaps lower the number for High Way. Considering break-in and weather impacts, I'd feel fine if the sticker said about 53 CITY and 43 HYWAY.

I am back!  I have more information to post, but will do that later.  This is my 46th fill-up.  10th 600+ mile tank.  This is my best tank so far.  I will be pushing for 700 miles this coming tank. 

:worship: ...Da man is back :happy feet:

Calling all search parties, its called off...ptjones is alive and well...... ;)

You have a lot of reading to do mate so welcome back :rockon:

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

and the ugly and small room in the back seat for passengers Priuses.

already happening in San Francisco, CA. see the 2nd story here:

http://www.cleantechblog.com/2012/02/san-francisco-doubles-taxi-fleet-while-cutting-gasoline-use-in-half.html

and in New York:

http://www.fordinsidenews.com/forums/showthread.php?14633-C-MAX-Hybrid-Taxi-Coming-to-NYC

I'm thinking the CMax will make a GREAT taxi to replace the aging Escape Hybrids.

Edited by salsaguy

I am back!  I have more information to post, but will do that later.  This is my 46th fill-up.  10th 600+ mile tank.  This is my best tank so far.  I will be pushing for 700 miles this coming tank. 

YAY!!! Welcome back!!! :sing_rain: We were worried........Mom's imagine all sorts of things when one of the kids goes on walkabout!!! Lot's happening around here, so you'll have some reading. (Grab a coffee and a bagel!) We look forward to your comments on various threads and also your own news!!! :salute:

This is most excellent news as taxi fleets are a great resource for identifying long term trends early on.

and the ugly and small room in the back seat for passengers Priuses.

already happening in San Francisco, CA. see the 2nd story here:

http://www.cleantechblog.com/2012/02/san-francisco-doubles-taxi-fleet-while-cutting-gasoline-use-in-half.html

and in New York:

http://www.fordinsidenews.com/forums/showthread.php?14633-C-MAX-Hybrid-Taxi-Coming-to-NYC

Sightseeing in Chicago and saw a couple of C-Maxes on taxi duty.

Ok, I'm jumping the gun, but I could not help it.  I am inching closer to the not-so-illusive 600 mile mark finally.  Our C-Max has been in our garage and 'the shop' (no issues of note) way too much time, but now a nice tank going, & 250 mile run north to White Rock, BC this weekend, and we are nearly there.  As long as I don't screw it up, it should be easy.  Nick  (50+ mpg easy smeasy off the freeways)  This tank is probably about 60/40 'freeway'/'city') 

DSC 3024

Rapier there were other articles on different cities but I just choose the 1st two about cmax taxis. I'm sure many cities are gobblibg up as many cmaxes as they can.it's an obvious choice to anyone with smarts. keep your customers happier and the experience pleasant to ensure repeats and good word of mouth.

Edited by salsaguy

Another 600 mile tank for me. I can't get a decent picture out of my not-at-all-smart phone, but the numbers are in my most recent Fuelly fill up. I came thisclose to getting 50MPG for the tank!

Here's my "evidence"- it really does say 600.9 miles, 50.8 mpg, 11.80 gallons and ??? EV miles:

Image0045_zps8bc01f14.jpg

I was able to put 12.2 gallons in so either I didn't fill it completely full the last time I filled up or the car and/or pump are off...

Edited by StoBro2

Matt, Matt, Matt.....lol, I told you that you would pip  happy%20feet.gif  me...and I know you squeezed every ounce of blood out of the stone...if not ran out of gas, as I never seen you hit past 13.0 gallons. Till now.. ;)

Well done mate :rockon:

Another 600 mile tank for me. I can't get a decent picture out of my not-at-all-smart phone, but the numbers are in my most recent Fuelly fill up. I came thisclose to getting 50MPG for the tank!

happy%20feet.gif  w000t happy%20feet.gif  ....keeping going stobro2, it only gets better and better and BETTER :drool:  Post up the pic if you beat your record in Post #1 and will update the post.

Oh wow!  This race sure beats NASCAR!  And its a lot better for the environment!

Pity is not as fast, even grass grows faster than me and Matt beat each other up with the MPG gloves. Never thought I would ever say that about ANY game... :hysterical:

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Right out of the gate, first tank ever on my new C-MAX, and I easily crossed the 600+ Range!  :yahoo:

Unfortunately, being a Noobie, I somehow accidentally reset my trip information that would have made the proof easier to show, but I submit the following proof:

• Photo 1A and 1B show my extended tire warranty paperwork, reflecting that the C-MAX had 113 miles on it at time of delivery, on May 27.
  • Photo 2 is the receipt for the first fill up after leaving the dealership.  According to MapQuest, this gas station is 5.08 miles from Al Packer Ford, which would put the start at just over 118 miles on the odometer.  To be conservative, I'll call that 119 miles on the C-MAX at first fill up.  
  • Per the above, to qualify as a 600 mile range tank, the odometer would need to show 719 total vehicle miles at time of fill up.
  • Photo 3 shows 727 miles on the odometer, with a hint of yellow (not a great camera angle, I know) still above the "E" on the tank indicator.  At that time, the remaining Range showed 35 miles.

This was my first and only tank.  Has anyone--perhaps anyone with an SEL--made it on the first tank?

post-668-0-60536000-1371531114_thumb.jpg

post-668-0-55496800-1371531141_thumb.jpg

post-668-0-21375900-1371531165_thumb.jpg

post-668-0-86192900-1371531192_thumb.jpg

Posted Yesterday, 07:35 PM

Well, here is my best effort so far. Man, it is NOT easy hitting these numbers.

Of course, the tank Jus is currently working on will completely BLOW this away.........

I cannot wait to see his results on this tank.

Matt

Attached Thumbnails 

Yowza!!!!

Edited by Adair