600+Mile CMax Club

Jus-A-CMax

btw will this forum thread be void and null after the FE update comes out and is applied?. those posting here with 600+ miles would need to specify if they updated their version or not or if their car was built after July/Aug 2013

Edited by salsaguy

btw will this forum thread be void and null after the FE update comes out and is applied?. those posting here with 600+ miles would need to specify if they updated their version or not or if their car was built after July/Aug 2013

No, nothing will change. Even with the update..its still a tough ask to do 600 miles a tank. 700 is when your zipper is down...and 800+ is when you're running naked and the whole LAPD is chasing with sirens blaring behind yer...you better know what da hell you're doing.

Well, I thought I'd make a second entry on this tank, but the dealership ran the car a ton, running the heater, trying to warm things up sufficiently inside to be able to recreate the problem.......it's just not that hot here this week to trigger it..... :spend:........sooooooooooooo ............. that blew my shot at a 2nd 600 mile tank.  < :gaah:<<big sigh>>>> maybe next time.   

If you can get 600 with your freeway driving thats more than enuf. The higher the MPG, the more city ala 35mph speed limit driving, you must do. The last tank I added in about 50% freeway and I still made 650 miles with some gas in reserve. This tank I am on now is back to all city, may a splash or 2 of freeway which is why its down compared to my 833.8 tanlk at the various 100th mile points.

BTW, I checked my tire pressure and it was at 32 psi on all four corners :drop: .  Live and learn, even new cars need the basics checked.  BUT, that means I pulled my two 600+ tanks on -6 psi from standard. is that (*), or note worthy?

That is noteworthy...but you missed some MPG with the increased drag from the lower pressure....oh what could have been! :dance:

So this is my 2nd 800+ mile tank....

]9432366634_da1edf66f2_z.jpg

This one has a wee bit freeway and 1 return trip by the wifey which basically wiped out about 1 MPG, but not bad though. Fill up was 13.611 gallons! And YES I topped up....

However, on my way back I was so dissappointed...

9432368740_16a184cea4_z.jpg

I should sue Ford for such poor mileage. After all, one has to expect the advertised 47MPG even when AC was on, racing another car up the freeway on-ramp, 68mph on the freeway, climb more hills on the way home and also to charge upmy battery while I was at it....ssssshhh....c'mon Ford, you know you misadvertised so I am going to sue.... :flyaway:

Its a j/k fellas... :lol:

So this is my 2nd 800+ mile tank....

]9432366634_da1edf66f2_z.jpg

This one has a wee bit freeway and 1 return trip by the wifey which basically wiped out about 1 MPG, but not bad though. Fill up was 13.611 gallons! And YES I topped up....

However, on my way back I was so dissappointed...

9432368740_16a184cea4_z.jpg

I should sue Ford for such poor mileage. After all, one has to expect the advertised 47MPG even when AC was on, racing another car up the freeway on-ramp, 68mph on the freeway, climb more hills on the way home and also to charge upmy battery while I was at it....ssssshhh....c'mon Ford, you know you misadvertised so I am going to sue.... :flyaway:

Its a j/k fellas... :lol:

You are amazing Jus!   :superhero:                    :lol2: I got the joke  ;)

You are amazing Jus!   :superhero:                    :lol2: I got the joke  ;)

...I ain't amazing. It's Maxine that is AMAZING! And Ford Motor company :)

It will be interesting to see how the new PCM update will change things. I am sure I can do better based on the reports here and hopefully, a few more posters will join me in the 800 Club :drool:

Based on what I've heard with the new PCM update, I should have a shot at joining the 700 mile club. (assuming no heat waves hit and I don't do too much freeway driving)

I go Wednesday, so not sure if I'll make it on this tank or have to wait till my next.  It might be a while, at the end of next week I will have had the car 3 months and have only filled up 3 times, I used to fill up 3 times a month!  Granted, I was away for a week and have worked from home more then usual, it's still crazy!

Edited by SnitGTS