3.5.1......Anyone? Anyone?

In another forum there's a discussion of Tesla Model S cars. It was interesting to see what a car company that is on the cutting edge does about software updates, per a Tesla owner: "Recommend anyone looking to buy or lease car that cost $60K or over take a test drive in a Tesla before purchase or lease. Best part of car is that every couple weeks get new applications and controls for car through downloads to 17" computer screen on dashboard from company in California."

Of course, Tesla is not dealing with 10,000's of owners!

Edited by ArizonaEnergi

As I posted, NO one cane explain why my FordEtis shows no upgrade for my VIN...but Bill Parks at Galpin Ford emailed me back saying my update is here....God I :wub2:  Galpin!!!!!!!!

Yah!...going in Thursday! :)

Karen at Ford told me it would be *over the next 2 weeks*. I am so happy to see so many folks are able to get their upgrades this week! Now we can collectively hold our breaths to see if this solves some/most/all of the issues!

FYI.  This is the OASIS message issued today to Ford dealers regarding the 3.5.1 MFT upgrade.

May 29 2013 6132 -UPDATE – Supplement Announcement: Application Performance Upgrade 13A01 – Supplement #1

DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Application Performance Upgrade 13A01 – Supplement #1 - Certain 2012-2013 Focus Electric, 2013 C-MAX Hybrid and C-MAX Energi, and 2013 Fusion Hybrid Vehicles Equipped with MyFord Touch® - Application Performance Upgrade. Refer to FMCDealer.com.

I'm in at 7:30AM tomorrow. Both the updates showed up for my car in OASIS. I added checking the 12v battery capacity as my battery continues to show 12.4v when fully charged, rather than 12.6v.

Finally! The long C-Max Early Adopter nightmare is nearly over! (Knocking on skull)

Edited by ArizonaEnergi

FYI.  This is the OASIS message issued today to Ford dealers regarding the 3.5.1 MFT upgrade.

May 29 2013 6132 -UPDATE – Supplement Announcement: Application Performance Upgrade 13A01 – Supplement #1

DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Application Performance Upgrade 13A01 – Supplement #1 - Certain 2012-2013 Focus Electric, 2013 C-MAX Hybrid and C-MAX Energi, and 2013 Fusion Hybrid Vehicles Equipped with MyFord Touch® - Application Performance Upgrade. Refer to FMCDealer.com.

What does this mean?  Don't deliver cars without the update?  Don't do the update because there's a problem?

Inquiring minds want to know.   :)

Edited by Bill-N

I get don't deliver or test drive without the update, but my reading comprehension has always been a bit shoddy.

What does this mean?  Don't deliver cars without the update?  Don't do the update because there's a problem?

Inquiring minds want to know.   :)

I get don't deliver or test drive without the update, but my reading comprehension has always been a bit shoddy.

The DELIVERY HOLD probably means for the dealer to do the MFT update before delivery of existing cars that do not have version 3.5.1 from the factory.

Not sure about the DEMONSTRATION HOLD.

It would make sense, don't sit in the car with a potential customer and show them all the MFT coolness w/o this update.

Yay!!!  Finally!  

Quick question: can the clock be set via GPS per Owners Manual, pg. 478 (I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope)?

I have the Nav in a C-Max that came with 3.5.1, and that worked perfectly, instantly, except for:

….

I noticed they also did away with the "Daylight Saving" button. That means it's either completely automatic or completely manual. I just remember with the old software the time change really screwed up the clock. Maybe now its fixed?

When I used the GPS to set the time, it did not catch the daylight savings; I had to adjust that hour manually. The horror!

The only other problem I've had in MFT is that when trying to connect to my home wifi router, the keyboard is disabled if you switch from numbers to letters. 

Reading through this, I can't help but think I dodged a huge bullet. I almost pulled the trigger to buy a C-Max in February. I would have been full of regret based on these experiences. 

Edited by Noah Harbinger

My build date was Nov. 19, 2012 and the FSA came up when I checked on May 26 after reading ArizonaEneri's post on ETIS.  I did though formally register a complaint with Ford CS on the clock reset issue.

I had 3.5.1 done yesterday. I also mentioned about my Where am I? longitude coordinate being about 1* off (I do not have Nav).  Of course when I picked up the car, they gave me a story about how 3.5.1 probably solved this issue.  So, I asked did you check the coordinates.  The SA said no, so I said let's go check.  I had the coordinates for the dealership from Google Earth plus my Garmin GPS.  The SA couldn't believe that the longitude was so far off and said he'll call Ford today for an answer.  I said what good is Sync services and Help if I'm stranded and give these as coordinates that are about 50 miles East of where I am.

So, I'd suggest those without navigation to check Where am I against their GPS and Google Earth.

I also had to re-pair my I-Phone.  From what I recall from before, the displays have changed and it was much easier to do now.

UPDATE:  The Dealer has had my Cmax since 9AM, just called (3:15PM) them to ask if it was ready.  They said they had a hard time with the MFT update, had to call Ford to help with it.  The service manager is also their Sync expert, was told he was the one working on it all day.  But they said it is complete now (I hope). We will see in about an hour when I pick it up. :waiting:

I said what good is Sync services and Help if I'm stranded and give these as coordinates that are about 50 miles East of where I am.

So, I'd suggest those without navigation to check Where am I against their GPS and Google Earth.

Good point.  I hadn't been concerned about GPS accuracy.

Brought mine in yesterday for an oil change at 10,000 miles.  While there, I complained about the GPS not always putting the car on the road and asked if they could do an update on MFT.  They did...everything is working great and I have the "Status" screen now that I was missing before.  Its just funny how the dealer doesn't seem to know about any of these fixes until you complain about it and tell them you read it online that there is an update.  The service guy even told me to check with the salesman.....(yes the salesman) to see if the car came equipped with the "Status" screen.  I told him....."no, you are the service guy...you are supposed to figure out problems with updates and service.  The salesman won't know anything about this."  So..anyway..they did it, and everything is working fine, and I'm happy.

It might be my imagination, but the brakes seem more responsive.  And my wife said when I call her she doesn't hear all that background noise that it used to have.

Edited by salprint

Good point.  I hadn't been concerned about GPS accuracy.

The SA got back to me and read an email from a Ford Engineer about my issue. Bottom line: it's not updated in cars without NAV. But I told the SA it changes as one drives and the latitude is correct but not the longitude. SA suggested I go through CS.

So, I looked up Where am I in the manual and it says that cars without NAV nothing is displayed. Do others without NAV and MFT, have accurate coordinates and altitude displayed? Or is there nothing displayed?

The SA got back to me and read an email from a Ford Engineer about my issue. Bottom line: it's not updated in cars without NAV. But I told the SA it changes as one drives and the latitude is correct but not the longitude. SA suggested I go through CS.

So, I looked up Where am I in the manual and it says that cars without NAV nothing is displayed. Do others without NAV and MFT, have accurate coordinates and altitude displayed? Or is there nothing displayed?

Plus,

The MyFord Touch Supplement (link) has better information for MFT.

On page 9 it says:

Help!

Your touchscreen system has a help feature which you can access at any

time.

To access:

1. Press Menu > Help.

2. From this screen you can access:

Where am I?: Select to view the vehicle’s current location. If your

vehicle is equipped with navigation, you will see your location on a

map. If your vehicle is not equipped with navigation, or if your SD

card is not inserted, you will receive your vehicle’s latitude and

longitude.