What cool hidden feature have you discovered about your C-Max?

armoredsaint

The front defrost kicks butt. I finally needed to use it today in a rain storm, and my foggy windows disappeared in literally less than 5 seconds after turning on the defrost.

Especially nice since the front defrost was HORRIBLE on my last car (Olds Intrigue).

That's good to know.  My last car was a Smart Car and the defrost was horrible.  We live in a rain forest and come to think of it we have never fogged up in the C-Max.

I posted this under the Mileage tread, but I thought it was worth reposting here.  If you have Nav and you run low enough on fuel that the fuel gauge turns red, the Nav will show every gas station on the map.  Which I think is a pretty cool feature!

Of course most people probably don't let the gas get that low!  ;)

Speaking of the navigation, I watched on our recent trip through AZ, NM, OK and CO and noticed the speed limit shown at the bottom of the screen along with the highway name was generally correct. In fact, when entering or leaving a town, where the speed limit starts ratching down then back up, the label usually changed exactly when I passed the speed sign on the road where it changed. (At least in AZ where I noticed this happening.)

No, I mean the big, main, 8" display. It should be over there too, but it's definitely not.

Wait, or are you saying that if BOTH screens to nav (the one to the right of the speedometer, AND the big, main one), THEN the speed limit displays on the big screen? That just seems silly. I mean, would be silly of Ford to do, not silly of you to say. Unless I'm misunderstanding, or perhaps we're both misunderstanding each other.

Anyway, yeah, bottom line, the speed limit should be displayed on the big, main screen all the time. I would prefer that, and it puzzles me that the system isn't designed to do so.

No, I mean the big, main, 8" display. It should be over there too, but it's definitely not.

Wait, or are you saying that if BOTH screens to nav (the one to the right of the speedometer, AND the big, main one), THEN the speed limit displays on the big screen? That just seems silly. I mean, would be silly of Ford to do, not silly of you to say. Unless I'm misunderstanding, or perhaps we're both misunderstanding each other.

Anyway, yeah, bottom line, the speed limit should be displayed on the big, main screen all the time. I would prefer that, and it puzzles me that the system isn't designed to do so.

Oh! I totally read that backwards, lol sorry.

Yeah, speed limit is only shown on the Main display only when your in the navigation section.

And it's only on the right of the speedometer if you have that display set to Nav.

What I often do is set that display to nav while my passenger is playing w/ radio.  If I'm by myself, I swap the two.

Oh! I totally read that backwards, lol sorry.

Yeah, speed limit is only shown on the Main display only when your in the navigation section.

And it's only on the right of the speedometer if you have that display set to Nav.

What I often do is set that display to nav while my passenger is playing w/ radio.  If I'm by myself, I swap the two.

Unfortunately, I have found that the speed limit displayed is sometimes wrong, or doesn't match posted signs on the side of the road. Be careful with that!

Unfortunately, I have found that the speed limit displayed is sometimes wrong, or doesn't match posted signs on the side of the road. Be careful with that!

I suspect that's due to some states and locales having not supplied accurate or up to date info to the mapping database system, whatever that is. As I mentioned, I found the shown speed limits in AZ to be amazingly accurate. New Mexico less so. When in doubt about what the SL actually is, I would go with the Nav reading.

I suspect that's due to some states and locales having not supplied accurate or up to date info to the mapping database system, whatever that is. As I mentioned, I found the shown speed limits in AZ to be amazingly accurate. New Mexico less so. When in doubt about what the SL actually is, I would go with the Nav reading.

I grew up in New Mexico, it's always someone's second thought.  I'm surprised it shows up at all in half the GPS units out there, lol.

My understand is that companies like Navteq (http://www.navteq.com/products_data_whatis_difference.htm) actually drive the streets with a gps taking down points, and simultaneously taking pictures of all the signs, like speed limit, and importing it into their database.  They probably don't travel rural areas as much as more populated.

I grew up in New Mexico, it's always someone's second thought.  I'm surprised it shows up at all in half the GPS units out there, lol.

My understand is that companies like Navteq (http://www.navteq.com/products_data_whatis_difference.htm) actually drive the streets with a gps taking down points, and simultaneously taking pictures of all the signs, like speed limit, and importing it into their database.  They probably don't travel rural areas as much as more populated.

I just completed a 1600 mile roadtrip from Chicago to New York and back. I used Route 80 most of the way, and the speed limits were frequently off in nav in Ohio and Pennsylvania. I'm not referring to work zones (which I would not expect to be reflected in the database as they change frequently), but regularly posted speed limits. They were often posted on signs at 55 mph, but my display said 70 mph. There were a few times it was reversed (display reflected lower speed limits vs. posted), but nevertheless my point is still that you should not take the info in nav as gospel. Put another way, I don't think the cop who stops you for speeding is going to care what your Ford Touch said!

I have an Energi 300a, I have the 8" MFT screen but not the Sony HD radio option. While listening to SIRIUS, On the steering wheel if I hit the >> button on the right side of the steering wheel, the radio will go to the next preset. BUT, if I HOLD DOWN the >> button it will advance upwards up the SIRIUS station numbers.

I have an Energi 300a, I have the 8" MFT screen but not the Sony HD radio option. While listening to SIRIUS, On the steering wheel if I hit the >> button on the right side of the steering wheel, the radio will go to the next preset. BUT, if I HOLD DOWN the >> button it will advance upwards up the SIRIUS station numbers.

I tried this but when I hold the >> button down the channels just fly by too fast. A lot of times I just want to advance to the next numbered channel (eg. CH 8 to CH 9). I don't know how to do this reliably from the steering wheel.

I like the storage under the rear seat for an umbrella. I never fold down the rear seat so it's perfect for me. I have a truck and trailer for large items. Thanks for the info I would never have found it if someone here hadn't posted it.

I liked that during the winter I would remote start my Maxie and the front and rear defrosters and even the outside mirrors would defrost. It would be all ready to drive when I got in.

I like the way you can hold down the remote unlock button for a few seconds and all of the windows will roll down.

There are a lot more just too many to post. These are my favorites.

• 3 weeks later...

With the new update 3.5.1 comes a screen with the Electronic drive system, shows the car with paths of the charge and use etc.

I also like the 12 volt charge outlets, so phone and other electronics can be charged with out the ignition on, the outlet in the center console has to have the ignition on.

An Item I purchased extra, the WeatherTech floor mats, work great to keep the car clean.

they prob figured most people need the all windows down feature from outside the car and will auto up all the windows from inside the car before turning it off and exiting the car. not many folks i know that just walk away from their car with all windows down, at least not if they don't want their car stolen.

:headscratch: :hat_tip:

Edited by salsaguy

In the center of the roof there is a console that controls the screen on my moon roof and the ambient lighting of the dash.  There is also a slim panel.  If you push on the panel, a sunglass case descends.  Put your sunglasses in the case and push it closed.  Perfect.  You will always know where your sunglasses are in the C Max.

I don't wear sunglasses so I found another use for it:

BBF67C24-6C0B-497C-B3DD-0BAEC4CC190A-380