What cool hidden feature have you discovered about your C-Max?

armoredsaint

I have a base SE; I don't thing I have the proximity sensors.  At first I thought it was me losing leaves, but the chirps seem a lot less than the leaves  coming and going.  At some point I think I will attempt to record them.  I noticed the chirping when I let my friend drive around a big parking lot and was using mostly electric so it is pretty easy to reproduce.  Softness, shortness and frequency of the sound makes it hard to even know where it is coming from.

Could it be your phone?

Mine chirps when it syncs and a couple of time when it UN-synced driving down the rd.

Did you get out of the car with it running when your friend drove?

Could it be your phone?

Mine chirps when it syncs and a couple of time when it UN-synced driving down the rd.

Did you get out of the car with it running when your friend drove?

That very well may be it.  Thanks.  The salesman linked my phone up and I never got it to work except for the one time it was set up.  Usually it doesn't link up. But sometimes it links and asks me for a password which makes the phone unusable because I don't know the password.  The one it wants is not 0000.  Now I know one of my next adventures into the C-Max operating system.

Assuming that is it, I will have to determine whether it has this problem because of the bluetooth in the C-Max is messed or some unique particular compatibility thing.  I just looked at my phone and I have linked up 9 bluetooth devices with no problems until this one which is called sync.  Actually I kind of prefer the thing on my ear though I haven't really given the C-Max a chance.  ( I use an LG phone which is about 4 years old.)

My phone apparently links and unlinks with me just sitting there even without the car moving for it did it in the driveway twice after coming back from shopping while I was playing with the menus.

By the way, one of the comments my friend made after driving the car was it is like playing a game, which after he said it made sense to me.  I think I will call that a feature.

Thanks again.

UPDATE:  It was the phone that was chirping.  I may have fixed it.  I deleted the entry for my phone in the car and then added it again.

UPDATE: It is not fixed.  Deleting the entry and adding seems to only work once.  Soon it asks for a password and it isn't the one that was given out when adding the entry.

Edited by obob

Didn't know about this feature, so thanks for the tip. Here's what works for me. From the Navigation screen, select "Menu." Then from the resulting set of choices, pick "Sirius Travel Link." From there, you can select "Weather." Several options, including a 5-day forecast and a weather map.

Didn't know this. Thanks!

Two things: 

The pen/tire gauge holder in the glove box.

And if you lightly press the turn signal (either direction) you get a few seconds of turn signal for a lane change and not have to worry about forgetting to turn the signal off.

Interesting find on the gauge holder.  The half press of the turn signal causes it to flash 3 times for lane changes.

Two things I've appreciated:

• Putting a picture of my own choosing on the home screen
  • Being able to give a voice command like "Play artist Run Boy Run" to access my USB  drive

I'm sure both things are described in the manual and so not really "hidden." But as a retired software person, I try to avoid 500+ page manuals.  :)

The auto anti glare rear view mirror at night is my favorite thing I have discovered so far. I get night driving headaches often cause My eyes are sensitive to light. This has mostly fixed that. w00t!

Also when the lights are left on Auto and you turn off the car (at least in my SEL /w 303a), they stay on until the keyfob is out of range with the car. I thought that was neat.

The auto anti glare rear view mirror at night is my favorite thing I have discovered so far. I get night driving headaches often cause My eyes are sensitive to light. This has mostly fixed that. w00t!

Also when the lights are left on Auto and you turn off the car (at least in my SEL /w 303a), they stay on until the keyfob is out of range with the car. I thought that was neat.

I think there is an adjustable setting for how long the lights stay on - as I recall it is in the settings menu, perhaps under lights or lighting

I am not sure how cool it is, but this feature is really hidden. 

Turn the audio system on and set it to AM or FM mode

Press and hold the eject button.  Then within one second, press the "Seek up" button and hold for about 5 seconds.

The audio system will go into diagnostic mode and do a walk-around test of the speakers.

There are also other diagnostics for the touchscreen and GPS.  Infotainment serial numbers, software revisions, and configuration are also displayed.

There does not appear to be anything in the system diagnostics that can be changed or screwed up, but proceed with caution.

The diagnostics feature works for both regular Sync and touchscreen Sync versions.

Select "Exit Diagnostics" to return to normal operation.

I just found this today. When playing a USB song while on the entertainment screen with a title that is to long to fit on the screen there is a small arrow pointing to the right just after the cut off title. If you tap the arrow the rest of the title is displayed.

I am not sure how cool it is, but this feature is really hidden. 

Turn the audio system on and set it to AM or FM mode

Press and hold the eject button.  Then within one second, press the "Seek up" button and hold for about 5 seconds.

The audio system will go into diagnostic mode and do a walk-around test of the speakers.

There are also other diagnostics for the touchscreen and GPS.  Infotainment serial numbers, software revisions, and configuration are also displayed.

There does not appear to be anything in the system diagnostics that can be changed or screwed up, but proceed with caution.

The diagnostics feature works for both regular Sync and touchscreen Sync versions.

Select "Exit Diagnostics" to return to normal operation.

Keep the cool stuff coming ceemax71!!