What cool hidden feature have you discovered about your C-Max?

armoredsaint

I didn't even know it (kind of embarrassed) but my windshield wipers are rain sensing.  We (the CMax and me) got about our 30th snowfall of the month yesterday (will spring ever come!) and while driving I turned the wipers on the intermittent setting.  When going by semis with major spray the wipers would go full speed to see out the window.  When driving in open stretches they would stop unless the the windshield was wet.  I should probably look at the manual but I am not aware of any switch to turn the feature on or off.  Curious as to how the senors work.  Does anyone know?

Edited by nsteblay

You need to read your manual. 

Funnel is used if you need to put gas in the car from a can.  Needs a special funnel to get by the capless gas tank filler tube.

It's also used to fill the engine coolant reservoir.....  (page 284).   

And the test will be a challenge because much of what you want and need to know is either not in the manual or hard to find in the manual because of the lousy index.  But you can learn it all here on the forum.

That's why I prefer this method:  http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/index.php?/topic/1603-on-line-owners-manual/

armoredsaint,

Sorry if you were offended by my post. 

The Owner's Manual is pretty bad and in many places just plain inaccurate. And the index sucks.  As someone else said it is better to use the online version where you can search for words or phrases.

In some instances, like the Brake Shift Interlock manual override, it appears to be a cut and paste from the British manual and refers to a panel on the passenger side of the console which isn't there. This override, by the way, is a useful thing to know because you may need it if your battery runs down.  Using the override, you can put the car in neutral and roll it out of a tight spot so you can get jumper cables on it. 

Discovered another find while reading another thread.  I failed to turn on the ambient temp on the central display.

46EF3538-EC7F-4A35-937D-A4136221DB4B-837

It's in the settings menu.  I went through all of these the first day but somehow missed it.

337E9DD2-331A-47E1-BD58-FF87FE17D1CE-837

Now it's MUCH easier to see than the smaller one in the right drivers screen that other passengers can never see.

E10F34BF-ACF4-4AF9-ABE6-C0F82690D618-837

One of my favorites has to be the climate control flow buttons - they are all on/off buttons which means you get to choose the combination of flow you want.  When I first saw the buttons, I was afraid there was no "bi-level" button - pleased to find out you make your own by turning on top vents and bottom vents.  So simple, yet so smart.

Dude, you're poking the beehive.   :stirpot:

:drool:

fotomot, I like your sense of humor!  

I also want to add another cool hidden feature.  When I used my Navigation today I wasn't sure what the street address was so it asked me more questions to narrow down the approximate location.  It asked if it was between a number range and I said not.  Then there was one more question that narrowed it down fairly close.  My last GPS was old and was a touch screen only so I was delighted with this feature.  It makes me feel better that I paid more for the navigation.  

The Sync interface has 4 little icons on the start screen of Yippie--I believe Hippie had 3.  There is the House and the cog on the ends  and whatever the 3rd one was/is, but now there is a pair of leaves.  When you select it, a cool photo of the car comes up and gived a schematic of what is running on battery.  If the ICE kicks in, it shows what it is powering and give a bullet explanation.  I saw Acceleration and Normal Operation.  I swear the 6 month ago version did not include that,

Also, the Navigation seems to be up and running and giving me constant read out on my locale and showing the compass.  I am not sure I had that going on the old version.  Maybe theat is the MFT upgrade mentioned on my crash thread as a possibility.  I have driven less than 20 miles, so bells and whistels have not been fully exercised.  I did hook up the IPod and like that interface.