TSB 13-6-22, HYBRID/ENERGI - CHECK ENGINE AND/OR WRENCH LAMP AND VARIOUS DTCS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thank you Bill-N for posting this TSB.  My Energi had this performed twice now, without success.  Service Manager is waiting to hear back from Ford. 

Someone is telling you B/S.  You can't perform the same update twice.  Sounds like the dealer techs can't diagnose your cars problem.

Your P2183 is a simple coolant sensor fault. It's a 2 wire circuit and shouldn't be very difficult to diagnose. 

Their lame excuses just add fuel to the fire.  They need to verify the CTS input values to the PCM, first.

Edited by drdiesel1

Interesting that you say that, drdiesel1.  B/S indeed. The first update was done two weeks ago.  Brought the car back in on Monday when the CEL reappeared.  The Service Manager called me after his first call in to Ford, and told me HE was a little frustrated when Ford directed them to do the update again.  He didn't exactly say it was 'wasting time' but that was the gist of it.  Today he emailed data back to Ford and was again waiting to hear back before he could order replacement parts. Not sure what data he was referring to exactly.  Or what replacement parts.

My guess is that the problem is in the CTS, PCM, or thermostat, since P0128 appeared with P2183 originally.  Gone are the days of reading input and output voltages to determine faulty electronics? Sigh.

If you don't mind me asking, what's your recommendation on OBDII and/or ScanGauge?  I would like access to a little more info and can't decide which way to lean.  OBDII would let me read codes without time-consuming trips to the dealer.   Scangauge would give me realtime data to monitor.   But maybe that would be too distracting.  

Interesting that you say that, drdiesel1.  B/S indeed. The first update was done two weeks ago.  Brought the car back in on Monday when the CEL reappeared.  The Service Manager called me after his first call in to Ford, and told me HE was a little frustrated when Ford directed them to do the update again.  He didn't exactly say it was 'wasting time' but that was the gist of it.  Today he emailed data back to Ford and was again waiting to hear back before he could order replacement parts. Not sure what data he was referring to exactly.  Or what replacement parts.

My guess is that the problem is in the CTS, PCM, or thermostat, since P0128 appeared with P2183 originally.  Gone are the days of reading input and output voltages to determine faulty electronics? Sigh.

If you don't mind me asking, what's your recommendation on OBDII and/or ScanGauge?  I would like access to a little more info and can't decide which way to lean.  OBDII would let me read codes without time-consuming trips to the dealer.   Scangauge would give me realtime data to monitor.   But maybe that would be too distracting.  

The Scan Gauge II will also read code information. I don't know it limits, but it should work for all PCM data. 

I use the Ford IDS scan tool.

I'm a shop owner and make money with it, so it's easy for me to have the dealer equipment ;)

Edited by drdiesel1

I can't verify it because I have not had any DTC's, but you are supposed to be able to read the DTC's on the instrument panel display by putting the C-Max in engineering test mode as shown in this thread.

Thank you ceemax71 for sharing this thread.  Can't wait to try it out!  Oh yeah, maybe I should wait til I get the car back from the dealer.