Highest MPG CMax Club (minimum 500 miles)

Jus-A-CMax

Booyah-Kid-300x199_zpsc0c9986b.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

null_zpsd6f020c7.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Ohhh, so close to 59mpg but it's been hot the last couple of days and I just had to turn the a/c back on. Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

mrbill_zps9547b9cc.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Sorry FrBill it came down to .2 gallons difference. :sad:Ā Ā  Ā And thanks to Jus, Recumperence, and others who haven't been playing so I could be #1. Ā  :happy feet:

Edited by fotomoto

sounds exactly like my wifes situation now with her suv and why she wants a new car/cmax asap.

Ā 

Ā 

MY reason for switching from a gas car to a hybrid had nothing to do with the environment, in the traditional sense. Ā MY reason was all about saving gas money. Ā I was spending $225 month on gas. Ā This broke down to 200+/- miles per tank at 14 gal fill-ups, once a week costing $55-$60 per fill. Ā Now I go 550-660 miles in a tank, and only spend $45 once every 3.5 weeks. Ā It truly PAYS to play this "game" ;)

Ā 

if your gas cars dont have an instantaneous mpg gage/reading you can get a scangage tool to improve your mpg or get a smartphone app and an obdii reader to see the cars details to improve your mpgs. i do the instant mpg displayon my gas passat and always try and max my mog each trip/tank

Ā 

My husband and I are new to hypermiling. We love this car especially because it's fun to drive. We love to see who gets the best mileage on our trips. It's a challenge to better ourselves. In fact we find driving gas cars boring now. We drove my husband's gas car on a recent trip and we both got bored. I kept looking for something to watch other than the typical gas engine gauges. We've become better drivers because we are more conscious of what we are doing when we drive the C-Max. I'm very excited that I could improve my gas mileage on a 530 mile trip from 43 mpg to 47.9 mpg. More power to anyone who wants to hyper mile! :worship:

Ā 

This is my entry.

Ā 

This mileage was done on 87 octane fuel and without the mileage update because I haven't had a chance to take the car to the dealer yet. It will probably be difficult to gauge the update's effectiveness now that the weather is turning colder. Also, this was done without any add-on plastic doo-dads.

Ā 

post-303-0-98724000-1381709470_thumb.jpg

This is my entry.

Ā 

This mileage was done on 87 octane fuel and without the mileage update because I haven't had a chance to take the car to the dealer yet. It will probably be difficult to gauge the update's effectiveness now that the weather is turning colder. Also, this was done without any add-on plastic doo-dads.

Ā 

attachicon.gif500 miles.jpg

:congrats:Ā  Shoot straight up to #3 on his 1st go. Ain't bad,...ain't bad at all :rockon:

I wanted to fill up as gas prices were down and as always, if I seem to try to wait that extra day or two they jump up $.50. Ā According to the Miles to empty, I still had 80 miles to go...But, at least, this moves me up a little.

Ā 

post-108-0-85265800-1381843233_thumb.jpg

Ā 

I have tried and tried to get this larger, but no luck.

Ā 

It says:

Ā 

Trip 1

Ā 

19:08:24

Ā 

525.8 mi Ā 325.5 EV

Ā 

47.4 MPG

Ā 

11.07 gal

Ā 

Total miles: Ā 11857.6

Edited by LizM

• 2 weeks later...

HhMm

maybe I need to take/post a picture.

Ā 

We've had 3 500+ tanks in a row since :worship:Ā 13B07 with at leastĀ 50 miles to empty, 2 with yellow warning, one with no warning was trying for a +600 but had to fill early.

Ā 

Pre 13B07 450 miles was pushing it, red gas warning, 10 miles to empty :sad:Ā .

Ā 

wab