Highest MPG CMax Club (minimum 500 miles)

Jus-A-CMax

I finally made it! to the 500 mile club  I've had my C-Max almost 3 months and still have the same tank of gas from the dealer when I drove home.  I'm at 1745 miles  and I'm down to just above 3/4 gals remaining and have averaged 500 mph!  Awesome!!

Hello nancyscmax and welcome to the club!   :happy feet:

This threadl is for the hybrid version of the CMax that doesn't have a plug.   It's not a fair contest to allow us Energi owners to compete.  For example, I'm right at 500 miles on 1.9 gallons of gas for my first week of NRG ownership.  For NRG specific questions or concerns, please also join this sister forum:  http://fordcmaxenergiforum.com    I'd say 90% of the cars are identical so it's best to belong to both.

Edited by fotomoto

Darn, I went through most of a tank in city driving and was only at 37.8 MPG. :'( first time I wouldn't have hit 500 miles in city.

That was a lot of driving early in the cold, short trips with no time to warm up the engine.

And, I got in a lot of driving in the snow where I was practicing slides and accelerating fast. In an hour of driving we got ~ 4 inches, lol, and I happened to have to be out in it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Meanwhile, this is probably my last top fuel economy tank. As it warms up north, it gets hot down here, which means air conditioner season has started.

When your numbers go up, mine go down. I did my part to help during the winter. It will be up to you guys to keep up our Fuelly numbers during the summer. ;)

Scuba -

Thanks for giving us hope during the ice (5 times in March in Durham) and snow filled winter.