Promised Delivery time: 6 to 8 Weeks
VIN Available: 11/08/12
Window Sticker Available: 11/21/12
Scheduled Build Week: 11/26
Scheduled Build Date: 11/27/12
Actual Build Date: 11/27/12
Released from Factory for Shipping: 11/28/12
Rail car ID available: 12/06/2012
Estimated Delivery Date: 12/17/12 (as of 11/29)
Estimated Delivery Date: 12/23/12 (as of 12/7)
Actual Delivery Date: TBD
State: OR

EDIT: updated with more info

Edited by valkraider

Model: C-Max Hybrid SEL
Date Ordered: Saturday, 10/20/12
Promised Delivery time: 6 to 8 Weeks
VIN Available: 11/5/12
Window Sticker Available: 11/13/12
Scheduled Build Date: 11/19/12
Actual Build Date: 11/19/12
Released from Factory for Shipping: 11/21/12
Estimated Delvery Date: 12/7/12 (Revised from 12/03/12)

Rail Location:

• 11/29 1800 Detroit Area (Moving)

Actual Delivery Date: TBD

State: TX         

I think the whole tracking idea is pretty cool.  It's nice to get an idea where the cars have been and are going.

Yep... I certainly wont post every stop, for fear of running everyone off the Board. However, like Laurel, I've found it interesting to see it go from 2 or 3 stops in the Detroit area, to Pontiac, and now in Battle Creek. All in the past 12 hours!  I suspect that the train is picking up railcars as it goes and will then head toward Chicago where railcars will be resorted.  From there South with a variety of cargo on the train.  On the other hand, this is all conjecture. I know little about trains, other than Amtrak has a North/South run from Chicago.  It may end up going through San Diego, before it gets here!

Edited by ScooterS

I emailed my dealer yesterday asking for a build date. No word yet. I know they were ordering 2 cars for their lot but we were too late to get those so they had to order two more. With all the allocation talk I sure hope we don't have to wait too long. I know when the car is ordered you get the build date. I hope they aren't stalling in responding because the build date is later than they told us what to expect. Dealer mentioned trying to put a rush on the cars. We shall see. I think the dealer forgot I do my homework and I know I can track my cars progress lol

We will be picking up our C-Max in about an hour and a half!  I tracked on the Blue Oval, but since you can only check once a week there the most helpful method for me was to get a copy of the Vehicle Visibility report from the dealer about a week after Tip was built.  That report showed what rail car she was on, and then when I copied that down I used Scooter's suggestion of using CSX rail tracking.  That way I could phone the 1-800 number and see where she was every few hours.  All went well with that until I got the "bad ordered" comment which meant the rail car was broken down and she was switched to another rail car.  I didn't have that number and by the time I was told that she was on the way, she was at the dealership.

Laurel, that's so exciting!  Can't wait to see another Ice Storm show up on the forums.  Loaded means package 303 and sunroof?

I am waiting for mine to come in, but am feeling a little jerked around, as I keep hearing "probably later today" since Monday.  If the date has changed, I wish they'd just let me know.  But I think they're afraid, because they know I was offered an awesome deal from another dealer on what the manager called a "color blind special" - same package as I want, with a couple of extra options for less than price of ordered Ice Storm at first dealer, but in a different color (already on lot).

Just home from a 3 hour saga at the dealership picking up Tip.  Everyone was super nice, but super slow.  We did the transferring of license plates, sitting through the extended warranty lecture, and transferring over my Smart Car as a trade in.  We wound up buying that package where you pay about $2000 for a servicing package --all servicing paid for over the next 5 years.  Who knows for sure if that was the right thing to do, but my eyes were glazed over by the time we got to that sales pitch.  On our car insurance, we took out a policy where if you total your car anytime in the next five years the purchase price plus $5000 will be given to us.  I think that was $1200.  So I think we probably got stuff we won't use--hopefully.

Tip is lovely.  In the showroom, she looked sort of light green with a very light blue hue.  Out in the pissing rain, she looked grey.  On the drive home, she looked bluish again.  Sort of a chameleon colour is what I would describe Ice Storm.  We were pretty pooped and hungry what with all the waiting and signing so started eating peanuts from the vending machine.  Stopped for lunch on the way home.  Got a little frustrated with the nav. not recognizing voice commands, but that improved as we practiced on the way home.  Forgot to say, that I drove it out of the showroom.  She was parked on some little rug pads under each tire.  Salesman opened the big garage door and I put it into gear and rocketed/lurched forward, stomped on the brakes, while two employees ran for cover and the brakes squealed as I stomped on them.  Pretty embarrassing eh?  Oh well they won't forget me LOL.

Having a cup of coffee, will load up the dog, and take Tip for a spin without hubby.  It is never easy with one's husband being co-pilot in a new car driving home in pelting rain.  My nerves are a bit frayed.

Just home from a 3 hour saga at the dealership picking up Tip.  Everyone was super nice, but super slow.  We did the transferring of license plates, sitting through the extended warranty lecture, and transferring over my Smart Car as a trade in.  We wound up buying that package where you pay about $2000 for a servicing package --all servicing paid for over the next 5 years.  Who knows for sure if that was the right thing to do, but my eyes were glazed over by the time we got to that sales pitch.  On our car insurance, we took out a policy where if you total your car anytime in the next five years the purchase price plus $5000 will be given to us.  I think that was $1200.  So I think we probably got stuff we won't use--hopefully.

I think I was super lucky.  With my dealer, they he asked do you want the Extended Warranty, I said no, he said ok, and moved on to the next thing.

I know how u feel Drummer. I just wanna know the build date. Is that too much to ask??

Do you have a VIN number?  From the VIN you can get a window sticker and from the window sticker you can get a build date.  However, FordService on twitter told me Window stickers are generated at the time of production.  Which I think is a few days to a few weeks before the actual build date.

No more driving for me today--too tired from excitement.  Went to the garage to back Tip out (husband was directing me as our two car townhouse garage is really marginal for fitting in two cars).   My brain is on overload with trying to remember things like don't put your foot on the brake when your power off.  So husband is busy making like an aircraft ramp controller and I turned Tip on with the button and thought I had put her into reverse to back and she wouldn't move.  Immediately I told my husband "she is just like the cars on the forum and won't go into reverse".  He pointed out that I was in park!  She is so quiet that it is unnerving when you aren't used to that and have to rely on the gauges.  Did I mention that I had to pose for pictures with Tip at the dealership as she is the first C-Max they have sold?  Probably will have a lemon pucker on my face as I was tired by then.  Rachel hubby did take photos of Tip and Pickle--should be able to get them up this weekend.  Fellow forum members honestly I am not a flake, but I know I am sounding like one with my Tip stories from today. LOL  Our dealership was first rate and very good to us today.  I think we will get good support from them.

Just came in from the garage as I wanted to test out the ambient lighting in the dark garage.  You have to put the headlamps on and there is a round knob up on the roof that you turn to adjust the brightness of the lighting and also there is a button with an artist's palette that changes the colours.  Very cool.  I put in a favourite CD and that Sony sound system sounds great.  Now I am reading the owners manual to figure out a symbol on the dash.  Maybe someone knows.  It is a picture of a car with an arrow that points right and left.  Hopefully it is something normal.  Rachel your car will be coming soon!

I know what that means!!

It means your car is ready to drive!

I know because as we were testing a car my mom was looking in the book for that same symbol. I was afraid we broke the car lmao. It was like laural and hardy.

"mom? Look up how to set the cruise!"

"mom! What's that icon?"

"mom! Are you laughing or crying???"

Oh what fun!

My C-Max is at the Jessup, MD CSX yard - made it there just before midnight on 11-29. Lets see if it gets to the dealer tomorrow, Saturday, as per the visibility tracking report.

Just found out mine's in Jessup too.  Dealer's not far from there, so I'm hoping, hoping it shows up there tomorrow!

So it's the vin # I am needing? When do they provide this?

I asked my dealer for a bild date. .... None yet. Ack! I feel like I am floating in space. BLIND.

I just asked for the VIN numbers. Thanks.

Glad you're starting to get info, Rachel.  The wait will end sometime (I hope)

Laurel, that's so exciting!  Can't wait to see another Ice Storm show up on the forums.  Loaded means package 303 and sunroof?

I am waiting for mine to come in, but am feeling a little jerked around, as I keep hearing "probably later today" since Monday.  If the date has changed, I wish they'd just let me know.  But I think they're afraid, because they know I was offered an awesome deal from another dealer on what the manager called a "color blind special" - same package as I want, with a couple of extra options for less than price of ordered Ice Storm at first dealer, but in a different color (already on lot).

I think the sales people don't have a clue about checking the vehicle visibility report where they can tell exactly where your car is--usually the manager is the one who has that access on his computer (according to our salesman). Can you demand to see a copy of the vehicle visibility report?  I got sent one about 8 days before my car arrived and then I tracked it myself.  Fingers are crossed that it is there for you this weekend.  Mine is 303A with sunroof--glad I got the sunroof as it makes the car seem more open.

Edited by Laurel