Ford identifies error, lowers EPA fuel economy ratings for six vehicles

kostby

Looking at the Wolverine site, I'm impressed by their install instructions. Clearly, this is not something you want to install during Winter unless you have an indoor garage with a lift... at least not in Rochester! I may add this to this Summer's car mods... (air dam done, door bumpers received, bumper cover "awaiting shipment" - I ordered a week ago!) Still considering side skirts, done the same as the air dam...

HAving fun,

Frank

Looking at the Wolverine site, I'm impressed by their install instructions. Clearly, this is not something you want to install during Winter unless you have an indoor garage with a lift... at least not in Rochester! I may add this to this Summer's car mods... (air dam done, door bumpers received, bumper cover "awaiting shipment" - I ordered a week ago!) Still considering side skirts, done the same as the air dam...

HAving fun,

Frank

The ICE block heater may turn out bigger of a job than I want to deal with so might install Wolverine oil pan heater on both sides of the block to take the place of ICE block heater. You are right installing heaters in nice weather, fortunately I have a garage. :)

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Wow.  The C-Max has turned into an investment that pays dividends.

Telling me, I was lucky to be involved in a number of surveys too which all adds up to some nice car payments - but unfortunately, one of them TRASHED my car thanks to a rear ender by a BMW driver arrested in a DUI. CMax is like new now but the owner is not so, not yet.

Brother Jus, I saw a 2013 Platinum SEL running around the Silly corn Valley in the last day or so with Galpin license plate frames.  You been up this far north recently? without letting me know :rockon:

Nope Brother Mike, not been up north - only to Mammoth. If you like, we can catch up @ Mammoth sometime ;). Did you see that Post I left for you in "The Bar?" Something special.....(if u haven't seen it already)

Platinum SEL would be nice BUT I think they may overweight the CMax with more luxury stuff that you would not use. The SEL is pretty darn good as it is, IMveryHO.

:)

Nope Brother Mike, not been up north - only to Mammoth. If you like, we can catch up @ Mammoth sometime ;). Did you see that Post I left for you in "The Bar?" Something special.....(if u haven't seen it already)

Platinum SEL would be nice BUT I think they may overweight the CMax with more luxury stuff that you would not use. The SEL is pretty darn good as it is, IMveryHO.

:)

I'm curious.  What would a Platinum have that is not on the 303A with roof?

• 2 weeks later...

Got our check yesterday. $475, but still when I bought it in Feb 2013 they sure did not discount it much. My bad...I guess. My mileage here in DFW is about 39 but you have to drive fast, or get ran over.

The main reason we get 39  (41 with a lot of effort) in the FW part of DFW is ALL lights are RED!.

We don't use any gas setting at the RED light

but use a significant amount accelerating  to the NEXT RED light.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting thread. Did some research and ETIS shows our just-purchased 2014 SE has a 5/3/2014 build date. Ford just lowered the ratings in early/mid June to 42/37/40, and we just bought ours on 8/15. I just discovered our window sticker still shows 45/40/43 city/hwy/combined MPG.

Entering our car's info into the http://www.ford.com/mpglabel/ website shows we should be getting a $475.00 check by September 30th. Has anyone purchased as recently as me and verified they'll be receiving a check?

I'll follow up with a phone call to "the Ford Customer Relationship Center at 1-866-436-7332" but thought I'd ask here too.

I figured the dealerships with cars showing the outdated window stickers would have swapped them out for updated window stickers, but that doesn't seem to be the case. For all I know that may be illegal, but figure it'd be easier than mailing customers $475.

Edited by RobMax

Not sure where exactly on that site to check for that notice. Is it on the first screen after inputting the VIN? If so, I didn't see it so figure I'm not getting it. 

I called Ford's customer line and they said their records indicated the dealership actually did swap out the window sticker, but that's clearly not true.

At least I know the dealerships can do that work themselves now. 

Not sure where exactly on that site to check for that notice. Is it on the first screen after inputting the VIN? If so, I didn't see it so figure I'm not getting it. 

I called Ford's customer line and they said their records indicated the dealership actually did swap out the window sticker, but that's clearly not true.

At least I know the dealerships can do that work themselves now. 

Here's where 14B03 shows up.  It usually takes some time before an FSA shows up  and also some time before an FSA is removed after completion  For example, I received my check at least one month ago.

med_gallery_167_32_4847.png

So you are saying that those of us who do NOT have the 14B03 FSA are never going to see that?  Or that it will show up at some point in time?

IOW, what triggers an FSA?  I would assume that my car (built in January with the same kind of window sticker as Rob) would also qualify for this, but perhaps not.  Is this something we can find out from Ford?