Strange Clock problem

So we've had our C-Max for almost 4 weeks and one strange problem has come up. When I leave for work in the morning, sometimes the clock is wrong. Not only is it wrong, but it's set to the exact time that I turned the car off the previous night when I got home from work. This has already happened three times. It's a minor annoyance of course but I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this problem.

Thanks!

Oh, and we have the 2013 C-Max SE with Equipment Group 202A (MyFord Touch, SYNC, Sirius)

Edited by siggy

I've had one instance where the clock was wrong but I don't recall if it was the time I had turned the car off at. The clock not keeping accurate time has popped up on other MyFord Touch forums also. At about a week and half into ownership I had the clock issue, bluetooth issues and preset names disappearing. I went into the settings option and did a master reset from the touch screen and everything has worked perfectly ever since (about four weeks). I did have to reprogram all my presets and resync my phone after the reset so you may want to take notes on your presets before doing the master reset.

I have the navigation system and there is an option to use the GPS to set the time. It's been a while, but I think the option was on the same screen to set the time. Don't hold me to that. Since I have done this, I haven't had a clock problem. Siggy, not sure that helps you since I don't think your package has naviagation, but I thought I would share for those that do.

My car was in the shop for a "stuck key in Ignition" issue and when I got the car back the time was wrong on the clock. I assumed it was because they had removed power and didn't reset it.

So I set it, but the next morning it was wrong again. I figured I had not set it correctly, so I set it again and follow the same procedure. This time the clock has been fine (for about a week...knock on Wood).

I'm keeping an eye on it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My clock at 7:45 this morning was displaying the time I shut it off last night, 9:00 PM. I drove around with it all day to see if it would skip around again, but it didn't. I reset it this evening and I noticed that at least the calendar is still correct.

This is the 5th time it's skipped time. Sometimes it gets stuck on the time displayed at shut down, other times it's a completely random new time. I've had it for about 6 weeks and I have about 2200 miles on it.

This happened to me yesterday morning. I got in the car and the time was close to when I shut the car off on Friday night. Then later in the day I was leaving a store and the service engine soon light came on but I think it was because I put the car in gear before it said ready. Shut the car off and turned back on and it was fine.

I've had my clock show the wrong time twice now (in a month).  I'd love to hear any info you can get on this in your investigations, Scooter.

Well.... It beats the heck out of me. We fiddled with the settings. The dash clock didn't match the Nav Clock. Finally it got set correctly. It then flashed between 2 settings. Eventually we got it set to the right time and It has stayed that way (so far).

I'm clueless as to what caused the problem or why the fix worked.

• 2 weeks later...

I have noticed this issue over the past week as well. On Thursday the clock was off by about 5 hours, reset it to correct time and didn't think much of it until today when I drove out to lunch, it was 40 minutes ahead of the proper time.

Was worried this was a harbringer of my battery dying on me again.

This morning makes the 6th time that the clock has displayed the wrong time on start up. At 10:20 this morning is was showing 3:45 PM. I haven't driven it since Saturday. That may be the time I shut it off, I don't remember. The calendar is still correct. Everything else seems to function normally.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="erwhitham" data-cid="4947" data-time="1356820026"><p>

I've had 2 clock problems and reported this in writing to service dept. yesterday along with some phone sync issues and reverse problems discussed in other threads.They did a Sync update. At least it's documented for me in case it happens again.</p></blockquote>

What version of Sync did they install?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="erwhitham" data-cid="4947" data-time="1356820026"><p>

I've had 2 clock problems and reported this in writing to service dept. yesterday along with some phone sync issues and reverse problems discussed in other threads.They did a Sync update. At least it's documented for me in case it happens again.</p></blockquote>

What version of Sync did they install?

Will ask tomorrow.

I had the clock problem 3 times, I ?corrected? the error by setting the AM or PM correctly, I found when the time was off, it was set to the AM instead of PM which it should have been, so I am thinking the GPS or other time provider, Sirius or Sync or GPS, I don't know which, was confused by the incorrect AM/PM setting, because after I changed it, I have not had a further problem.