Strange Clock problem

I've had the clock wrong twice in 11 days of ownership.  The first time I thought maybe I screwed up something and simply forgot about it.  But this time it happened after spending  noon in a restaurant.  The clock was fine when we pulled into the parking lot as I checked the time at 11:30.  After lunch while driving I noticed the clock said 6:00.  I fiddled with the menus and reset the clock to the correct time 12:43 (with PM still showing).  I noticed the date was also incorrect as it indicated Jan. 4th instead of the 3rd.  I reset that also.

I'll now check the time / date every time I get in the car to see if I can determine when / what might be causing this change.

Today was the 3rd time I reset the clock since I bought the car.  Today however I noticed that the station presets were not showing in AM.  I pushed the FM button and everything showed correctly even when I went back to AM.    Unfortunately the clock remained wrong until I reset the time.   I believe these are software issues and hopefully when updated will be resolved.    

Edited by Chinto

I've had this problem 3 times so far. The first time was just a few days after I got the car. Then yesterday morning it was wrong.........way off, but I don't remember the time. I reset it in settings and it was fine the rest of the day. Then this afternoon it was off again, by many hours. I reset it from settings but not from GPS. I'll try that tomorrow if it's off again. The only thing different is that I set the lights to stay on for 30 sec. after I get home, so I can see to get stuff out and to get into the house. Surely those few seconds wouldn't drain the battery to the point that the clock would be off. Otherwise, no battery-type issues .................knock on wood!

Lost the presets on Sirius once but they came back a few drives later.

Today I had the performing scheduled maintenance for the first time.  It was the first day that I've used a usb flash drive for music.  In the past I have only used Sirius or FM.  I'm waiting to see if there is a relationship between the two.

Overall I'm generally pleased with the system.

Today I had the performing scheduled maintenance for the first time.  It was the first day that I've used a usb flash drive for music.  In the past I have only used Sirius or FM.  I'm waiting to see if there is a relationship between the two.

I saw several scheduled maintenance screens before I started using a USB drive and haven't seen the screen at all since starting to use USB.

Here's one for you.  I have had the clock issue three times in the past 6 weeks as well but, it now seems OK.  Now the calendar displays the wrong day and date.  I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to set the correct date on this beast.  I have the standard package with the Sync Ford system and no nav.  Help please!

I had to stop by the dealer I purchased my car from yesterday so then I went back to the service department and talked with a SW about the clock issue (mine reset for the fourth time two days ago).  She said that Ford is likely aware of the issue as Ford has issued an update for Edge vehicles that corrected a similar reset issues.  

I also asked if they could document my reset issue with Ford.  Her response was the procedure would be for me to schedule a service appointment and then they call Ford on the issue since there is no procedure / technical bulletin to fix it.  She said the response from Ford will likely be we are working on it and there is no fix at this time.  My guess is now the dealer gets $ from Ford for the "service" on my vehicle.  

Then, I called Ford CC and explained the issue. After a few minutes the rep came back on the phone and said that he will escalate the issue to a CC Manager who will contact the dealer.  I said I don't want you to contact that dealer which is 30 miles away but a dealer 5 miles away.  That seemed to be a problem as he said well you will need to go to that dealer then and schedule a service appointment.  I said I didn't schedule one with the first dealership as I don't want to waste 1/2 day of my time for an issue that likely won't be fixed.  So, then he came back and said you will have to make the local dealer aware that you are having an issue and likely have to schedule a service appointment.

When my wife returns with the car, I will drive over to the local dealer and see what they say.  I guess I have to follow procedures. :banghead:  

I've also had to reset the clock, twice now.  I've just been resetting the regular clock, will have to investigate resetting the Nav clock.  I've also noticed one other odd thing - when I first got the car the name of the street I was on showed up under the compass, then one day it disappeared and hasn't been back.  Anyone else see this?

Yeah, got a new problem now. The stations that I set on me radio presets don't show on the screen anymore. They did. Now they don't. The little boxes are there, but they don't say what station is set.

On the good news side, I was able on call my dealer and have a notation put on my record that the clock resets itself. Nice that I didn't have to take the car in. Hope they let me know when the fix ison.

• 2 weeks later...

Well...chalk me down as having a clock issue today. Went into the car and it was off like 5 hrs...wtf...yes, I know about the mapquest/syncmyride but I don't use it. Yet. Also, this wayward GPS is starting to drive me nutz.

*sigh*

At least now I have something concrete to blast to the Ford Engineers in Irvine.

RachelinLA

I can't send you a direct reply yet, but what I said in my previous email attempt was:

Here is the link to the Master Reset instructions.  It is very easy.  I suggest you do it right away at the dealership when you get your car because I don't think they do it from the time it leaves the factory.

http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/perform-master-reset-sync#reload

Plan to do it every once in a while.  Like I computer that needs to be restarted or shutdown, you need to reboot the Sync program on occasion.

Kitty in Las Vegas

driving Mad Mab