Strange Clock problem

Thanks! Yes yes yes! I have this bad habit of renaming things so I can remember them. I call it,ahem, voice command. Simple. My grandmother was famous for doing this. :).

I just enjoyed watching vids on YouTube about all the lovely features again. Some were uploaded recently. Three blink lane changer, all windows down/up, locking and unlocking, back seat child locks etc.

I guess while I await my car I need to go thru my phone and redo names and music titles.

Well...chalk me down as having a clock issue today. Went into the car and it was off like 5 hrs...wtf...yes, I know about the mapquest/syncmyride but I don't use it. Yet. Also, this wayward GPS is starting to drive me nutz.

*sigh*

At least now I have something concrete to blast to the Ford Engineers in Irvine.

Yep, me too.  Clock acted up.  Again.  Just today.  $30K and the stupid clock doesn't work.

Absolutely ludicrous.

Edited by Bill-N

"I just enjoyed watching vids on YouTube about all the lovely features again. Some were uploaded recently. Three blink lane changer, all windows down/up, locking and unlocking, back seat child locks etc."

Accidentally hit on the "three blink lane changer" the day when I was playing. 

• 2 weeks later...

"I just enjoyed watching vids on YouTube about all the lovely features again. Some were uploaded recently. Three blink lane changer, all windows down/up, locking and unlocking, back seat child locks etc."

Accidentally hit on the "three blink lane changer" the day when I was playing. 

What is the three blink lane changer please? 

• 1 month later...

I did a master reset a few weeks ago and the clock and calendar were fine up until this morning. When I started the car for the first time since the switch to daylight saving time, I noticed that the car was displaying the correct (one hour ahead) time, even though I had the daylight saving feature turned off. I pressed the daylight saving on button and the clock jumped ahead another hour. I decided to leave it in the on position and reset the clock back one hour to the correct daylight saving time.

When I checked the calendar I found that it was telling me today is Sunday, March 10. Great, I thought. That means I'll have to do yet another master reset to get the calendar to display the correct date. I didn't have time for that nonsense this morning, so I left it the way it was when I shut it off at work. Then at lunchtime I discovered that the calendar had reset itself to the correct date. The time was also correct, including AM/PM.

On the way home tonight the audio system spontaneously started playing my ipod, even though I hadn't switched that on for at least a couple of days.

The Ford works in mysterious ways.

Clock was wrong again this morning,  It read 7:22 PM - which was when I got home last night.  The date was correct.  I thought I would leave it alone and see if it corrects itself during the day today.  I saw where some people on here said it did.

Today marks the ninth time my clock has frozen at the time I shut it off the night before. At 7:45AM on March 15, my clock read 11:17PM March 14. I left it as is all day, which included starting and shutting off the car 4 separate times and the clock and calendar are still operating as if the time between last night's shut down and the morning's start up never happened. I guess I'll have to perform yet another master reset and then go through the hassle of re-pairing my phone and reloading all of my satellite radio presets and MFT screen wallpapers.

Where's the new software update? Time's running out on the first quarter of the year!

Today marks the ninth time my clock has frozen at the time I shut it off the night before. At 7:45AM on March 15, my clock read 11:17PM March 14. I left it as is all day, which included starting and shutting off the car 4 separate times and the clock and calendar are still operating as if the time between last night's shut down and the morning's start up never happened. I guess I'll have to perform yet another master reset and then go through the hassle of re-pairing my phone and reloading all of my satellite radio presets and MFT screen wallpapers.

Where's the new software update? Time's running out on the first quarter of the year!

A friend has a newish (early 2012) Buick, with a similar problem.

He had to take it back 3 times, they kept it a week the last time, he's not sure it's fixed.

Clock issues have been happening to me since I took delivery back in September.  I'm also having allot of instances where the car won't back up and I have to do a power down power up cycle.  Annoying but tolerable.  I assume Ford is reading all these problem and will have a solution at some point? Hoping

Yeah, got a new problem now. The stations that I set on me radio presets don't show on the screen anymore. They did. Now they don't. The little boxes are there, but they don't say what station is set.

On the good news side, I was able on call my dealer and have a notation put on my record that the clock resets itself. Nice that I didn't have to take the car in. Hope they let me know when the fix ison.

I had the SAME exact thing happen on my 2013 CMAX SEL with the Sony radio W/Nav system.  The station names and logo would just disappear and leave an empty white box !  I figured out how to fix this.  There's two ways.  (1) You can switch the source button all the way around til you return to the source you were on.  OR (2)  Simply turn the radio off for 5 seconds, and it usually will reset WITH your station names/logos in tact once again.

if you're losing your station names/logos and left with just empty white boxes, here's what you do.  You can either turn the radio off for 5 seconds and that should do a system restore.  OR:  if that doesn't work this will:  Simply press the "source" button repeatedly until you cycle through one complete cycle and you're back on the source you were originally .  This works for me every time !!

...and today marks the 10th time my clock/calendar has malfunctioned!

This time it happened when I was eating lunch. I drove home from work at noon, clock working normally. I shut the car off, go inside and eat lunch, come back to the car and now the clock is 20 minutes slow. AM/PM is correct. Out of curiosity I check the calendar and this time it isn't a day or two behind. It's actually a day ahead! What the...?

I just performed a master reset on Saturday and the clock/calendar performed as it should all the way up until today at lunchtime.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had the same issue. Didn't do anything and haven't experienced it for a couple of months. Microsoft has major quality issues with their software. Anyone trying to run Windows 8 on their PC's? Not sure I would have picked them as my partner. Thank goodness they only did the entertainment and GPS system!

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but I had a similar problem with my clock not being accurate. It turned out that when I selected, I believe, synch to GPS, it solved the problem. I'm not in the CMax so I don't remember if "Synch to GPS" is the correct button to select. Give it a try. It's worked for me eversince.

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but I had a similar problem with my clock not being accurate. It turned out that when I selected, I believe, synch to GPS, it solved the problem. I'm not in the CMax so I don't remember if "Synch to GPS" is the correct button to select. Give it a try. It's worked for me eversince.

Yes, works if you "paid" for the navigation system.   Shouldn't have to pay for the navigation system to keep the correct time. Not really the solution for the problem unless Ford want to upgrade all cars with a free navigation system.  :)

I don't have NAV, so there is no "Synch to GPS" with my system.

Since my last report, the calendar that was a day ahead (reading March 19 when it was actually March 18) was stuck on March 19 for three days, so it eventually became a day late. Then it jumped ahead to the correct date-almost. Now it thinks 12 noon is 12 midnight, with the calendar date not changing until lunch time every day. Oh, and the clock loses a minute or two every day. I'll bet if I waited a month to reset it, it would be off by a half an hour. That's assuming it would actually keep running for a month.

• 5 weeks later...

Officially joined the "Clock Is Wrong" club this morning.

This is the 5th time, first 2 were days apart, now 3 days in a row "Clock Is Wrong."

Yesterday ended after a 140 mile round trip on Interstate 35.

What is the next symptom I should look for to join the "This Is a POS" :wub2:  club?

Officially joined the "Clock Is Wrong" club this morning.

This is the 5th time, first 2 were days apart, now 3 days in a row "Clock Is Wrong."

Yesterday ended after a 140 mile round trip on Interstate 35.

What is the next symptom I should look for to join the "This Is a POS" :wub2:  club?

Have you tried turning off the automatic phone contacts update feature?  Since I've turned it off, I've only had one wrong time in nearly one month instead of the 2 - 4 per week.

Have you tried turning off the automatic phone contacts update feature?  Since I've turned it off, I've only had one wrong time in nearly one month instead of the 2 - 4 per week.

I turned it off.

I'm having a hard time connecting the dots from 10:3# PM last night when I hit the "Engine Stop" to 7:0# this morning when I hit Engine Start? (clock read 10:43 PM when I looked at it)

I have 29 entries including 5 email in my phone book.

I don't use the phone, might be because I'm retired from "THE" phone co.

Had some form of communications device :runaway: stuck to my head 8,10,12,...24, 34 :drop: , hours a day.