Strange Clock problem

Alright, I have had to reset my clock five or six times but, come on guys, let's not let this clock issue destroy the many positives that this car gives us in our driving/ownership experience.  As computers become more and more in control of our cars, glitches will be a reoccurring theme.  I think in the C Max case, the programing/trouble shooting expertise has not quite yet caught up to technological potential of the car.   This car is way ahead of the competition in technological advancements and it will take some time for the Ford folks to catch up in how to properly resolve and smooth out some of these relatively minor glitches.  Perhaps I have been lucky, but the clock issue is the only real issue that I had from the day that I drove it off the lot.  Initially I thought that I may have some "reverse" issues and then discovered that it was just "driver error."   As I read some of the posts on this blog, I have noticed that many of the concerns have been perviously discussed and many are driver error which are compounded by a poorly written owner's manual.  In any case, I still love my car and have been very happy with it's performance and overall build and quality control.  Hey, compared to the crappy German cars that take months to get all the problems fixed and the outrageous maintenance costs (VW is the worst!), I will stay with the Ford C Max any day.  Only time will tell if my enthusiasm will wane and the car's dependability starts to slip, but for now, I am very impressed.  

Officially joined the "Clock Is Wrong" club this morning.

This is the 5th time, first 2 were days apart, now 3 days in a row "Clock Is Wrong."

Yesterday ended after a 140 mile round trip on Interstate 35.

What is the next symptom I should look for to join the "This Is a POS" :wub2:  club?

Have you tried turning off the automatic phone contacts update feature?  Since I've turned it off, I've only had one wrong time in nearly one month instead of the 2 - 4 per week.

The clock was wrong again this morning.

Here's the history.

First 2 happend weeks apart, weeks ago and today, clock off exactly 1 hr.

4 days ago clock started being off every morning.

NOTE: I did make some changes yesterday.

"Have you tried turning off the automatic phone contacts update feature?" Yes

Messed with "GPS Time Synchronization" and "Daylight Saving Time"...I KNOW...I SHOULDN'T HAVE!!!

More if/when it happens

• 1 month later...

I got the new software update yesterday and the clock seems good so far. :yahoo:  The new hybrid energy use screen is similar to the one on our old Prius, but it is a nice addition.  Outside air temp shows on the screen now too.  I suggest you hurry down to the dealer and get this new software update.

Love :wub2: my C-Max.

Kitty

Ever since I chose to SYNC the clock with the GPS (way before the 3.5.1 update) my clock has been spot on!!!

Adair,

Is there any way to do this if you do not have the factory Navi upgrade installed?  As stated in my previous post, I choose not to purchase it and instead went with the free SYNC Destinations software available for my iPhone.  If not, will the 3.5.1 upgrade fix this?

Edited by Generalbeluga

Adair,

Is there any way to do this if you do not have the factory Navi upgrade installed?  As stated in my previous post, I choose not to purchase it and instead went with the free SYNC Destinations software available for my iPhone.  If not, will the 3.5.1 upgrade fix this?

Apparently not, in spite of each printing of the Owner's Manual stating otherwise.  I was sadly disappointed that the 3.5.1 update did not "fix" this problem.