Anyone receive a compensation check yet?

bro1999

My Cmax has been rear ended, fixed to almost new including the leather smell now and still getting BETTER MPGs than it before the crash, what a car. I don't care if they rate it all the way down to 3 MPGs, I know what this car is capable of in the right hands.

Now, the check will be a NICE bonus - if Tehuti has it, it must be close, checking the mail box.

Enjoy the  :happy feet:  $$$ :spend: fellas - lots of beer money in there for sure :rockon:

Your C-Max too, what is it with morons rear ending C-Maxes lately. Hopefully everyone in your vehicle is ok, my wife was amazed at how the C-Max took the 50 mph rear end collision from a Lexus RX. I told her the C-Max weighs about the same as the RX and its simply a matter of kinetic energy transfer and mass. She understood and now wants a C-Max Energi. ;)

Edited by darrelld

Your C-Max too, what is it with morons rear ending C-Maxes lately. Hopefully everyone in your vehicle is ok, my wife was amazed at how the C-Max took the 50 mph rear end collision from a Lexus RX. I told her the C-Max weighs about the same as the RX and its simply a matter of kinetic energy transfer and mass. She understood and now wants a C-Max Energi. ;)

I dunno darrelld - I really DO NOT WISH rear ending or the inevitable whiplash on anyone, my back is not the same since and I golf too. Ugh. I am very glad to hear you wife is OK. Mine was a BMW with the driver arrested under DUI influence at the scene and failing to render assistence as well. Morons indeed. By the way, it was not enough to wipe out Maxine (shes blessed) and now shes as good as new - infact, getting much, much better MPGs. Weird huh and no issues with creaks, steering nothing - the body shop (Ford Auto Body in Van Nuys) did a GREAT JOB and they were recommended by my Service Manager at Galpin. $14K worth of damage.

Build date sometime in Sep 2012, lazy to go to the car to check and electronic window sticker found now has an invoice date of "7/8/14" with 40MPG on it (I don't recall ever seeing it at 43MPG though, and I'm sure I've used one of the various websites to get the window sticker since the decrease from 47 to 43 mpg.

Purchased Dec 2012

Check mailed 7/22/14

Check Received 7/24/14

Check Amt 475.

Build date sometime in Sep 2012, lazy to go to the car to check and electronic window sticker found now has an invoice date of "7/8/14" with 40MPG on it (I don't recall ever seeing it at 43MPG though, and I'm sure I've used one of the various websites to get the window sticker since the decrease from 47 to 43 mpg.

Purchased Dec 2012

Check mailed 7/22/14

Check Received 7/24/14

Check Amt 475.

Referencing the highlited section in your above quote: Did you receive a primary check in aug-sept of 2013?

Yes, this was the 2nd check I've received from Ford. I'm pretty sure that between 9/13 and 7/14, that I went on one of the various websites that allow you to pull up your window sticker, but I just don't remember ever seeing it say 43MPG combined.  So when I went looking for the original build date via the window sticker online, I was surprised to find a date of 7/8/14 (the date I guess Ford "re-invoiced" the car and updated the window sticker to reflect the now current 40MPG combined).

I dunno darrelld - I really DO NOT WISH rear ending or the inevitable whiplash on anyone, my back is not the same since and I golf too. Ugh. I am very glad to hear you wife is OK. Mine was a BMW with the driver arrested under DUI influence at the scene and failing to render assistence as well. Morons indeed. By the way, it was not enough to wipe out Maxine (shes blessed) and now shes as good as new - infact, getting much, much better MPGs. Weird huh and no issues with creaks, steering nothing - the body shop (Ford Auto Body in Van Nuys) did a GREAT JOB and they were recommended by my Service Manager at Galpin. $14K worth of damage.

Sorry to hear about your back and I hope the other drivers insurance compensates for you pain/suffering and lost time. My damage was only $5,000 and there are still some minor things left on my punch list they need to fix.

Got my second check on 7/21 for $475, first one was $550 in August of 2013.  Purchased the car Dec 2012.  Oh and I got 46.5 MPG on my last tank of gas

Lovely - more MPG posts like this will destroy the last credibility of....<fill in the blank>. Don't worry, all of you and me included, will NEVER get a job there anyway. We are jus bad and we don't stick with the program.... :dance:

Now go and enjoy the check.

By the way - let's play a game - what did you do with the money?

I'll start. Water heater went, cost us $800 including taxes for a mighty fine replacement. Wifey was happy the $475 went into 1/2 the cost here :victory:

I got my check! Yahoo! Build date 5/21/2013; purchase date 12/26/2013. Lifetime MPG 40.8 and improving. (February's weather killed my lifetime average but I was also new at driving a hybrid. Plus, its easy to forget you are in a hybrid so I fail to remember to P&G sometimes.)

I love my CMAX...just the way she is!

I received my check on Friday - $475. I can't complain, first $550 and now $475. I just passed 10,000 miles and my lifetime average is 43.9 mpg. My summer mileage runs about 49 mpg around town and I don't make any special effort at hypermiling.

I just got my $475 on Friday. I've mentioned this before, I just think Ford is trying to make the public happy. I'm just shy of 21,000 miles and my lifetime average is: 46.5 mpg.

Love my Cmax! So much better than my Honda Civic Hybrid. My wife is still surprised by just how much cargo this litte car can hold and loves the difference in power. The Civic is weak.

We received the 2nd check today. It arrived via Priority Mail for us. With three different drivers (3 different driving styles), we're averaging just about 37 MPG. 

Some of the $475 is going towards the purchase/install of a new Undercarriage shield for Neytiri.

We've had her since September 28, 2012 & currently have 64,712.7 miles on the odometer.

Edited by mnrobitaille

Yup, I received another check last week, and I had already received one several months ago.

When I bought the car, the window sticker did say 47 MPG, and after 25k miles, 40 MPG is what I'm getting, so this EPA revision seems to be spot on for my experience.

That said, I wasn't upset before or anything, because I never expected 47 MPG in the first place, because I've never owned a car which actually gets the mileage on the window sticker... but I guess, that's only until now. :)

Good afternoon folks. Today I received my second (2nd) check from Ford, $475. This makes the total just a smidge 0ver $1000.00. I am averaging, since new, 44.7 mpg. I have a very early delivery 2013 model. I never expect to get sticker milage on a new car, but I am usually within 10% since manufacturers started testing and posting on stickers.  This appears to be the "gift that keeps on giving".

Andy

Edited by ANDY