Who is going to jump to the Escape Hybrid?

markd

My Sales Manager just talked to FORD scheduling person and she said she didn't know when the 2020 FEHP would go into production.image.gif.999216209d74f727d2a8b8ca345e6e2c.gif Need to catch up with previous orders first. She did say eMustang, Bronco and 2021 F150 would be coming out in the Fall.

Paul

22 hours ago, Plus 3 Golfer said:

Here's the 2020 Escape Hybrid and Plugin Emergency Response Guide.  I note that the 12 V battery appears to be relatively easy to remove compared to the C-Max.  Remove spare tire and then a 4 bolt spare tire holder bracket covering the 12 volt battery.

2020_Escape_ERG (1).pdf 5.79 MB · 9 downloads

Thanks for finding this Guide, I printed it out so I can read it.?

Paul

If you are getting those type of mileage numbers and it comes with a spare than it might be worth taking a look at, I have to wait until a used market develops in my area first though.  I still love my CMAX but did not really enjoy trying to plug a tire at 8PM at night in a sketchy parking lot while it was starting to rain.

• 2 weeks later...

C-MAX is still going strong at the moment.  If I have a major failure (e.g. transmission or HVB) I'll probably be in the market for a new hybrid and I've come around to looking at the Escape Hybrid, but I need to wait to get more used market built up first.  I think I would go straight EV if I was going to do a plug-in and I would rather pay off my mortgage then spend on a Tesla right now.  Leaf is probably the most economical for straight plug in right now but not sure if I want to make that jump.

On 6/10/2020 at 10:31 AM, ptjones said:

In 252k mi. I have never had a flat tire, I think I have had 3 screw/nails in my tires and were patched. Had one with hole to far up the sidewall to be patched, but still held air, tire was pretty much worn out so I replaced it. Mini spare is optional with Escape plugin.

Paul

Paul, I can't remember over the years, have you replaced your HF35 tranny?

Mark

I've put 1,500 miles on my 2020 Ford Escape Titanium AWD hybrid over the first 3 months.  Averaging 45 mpg.  Love the co-pilot 360 on interstate travel.  Like the heads-up display.  We kept our C-Max for local driving mostly.  C-Max has @ 63K with an average of 40 mpg.  Escape driven only a few times on interstate and gets between 40 to 43 mpg at 70 mph depending on the terrain.

Great news - a bigger car with more stuff and close to the same C-Max mileage.  Win-win. 

A bit too pricy for us so we'll have to wait a decent while before making the switch.  I do like the idea of more trunk room behind the rear seat.   The Max always seems short...

My car, at 4000 miles, is responsible for one of the 47's and one of the 33's in the Fuelly data. My June average (2 tanks) is 43.6 mpg. I suspect the lowest values are mis-classified turbos; my 33 was 100% driving 70+ mph. 

I can't compare avg/min/max with the C-Max, because I'm driving different routes, and no longer commuting. Comparing my retirement years to date, the C-Max tank mileage spans the range of 34-48 mpg, so I expect comparable results with the Escape. 

Stay well,

Frank

• 2 weeks later...

Europe gets a mild hybrid, too.

"Kuga EcoBlue Hybrid: The all-new Kuga EcoBlue Hybrid enhances Ford’s 150 PS 2.0‑ll EcoBlue diesel engine for even greater fuel efficiency. The mild-hybrid technology employs a belt-driven integrated starter/generator that replaces the standard alternator, enabling recovery and storage of energy during vehicle decelerations, and charging a 48-volt lithium-ion air-cooled battery pack. The BISG also acts as a motor, using the stored energy to provide electric torque assistance to the engine under normal driving and acceleration, as well as running the vehicle’s electrical ancillaries."

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2020 at 6:58 AM, SnowStorm said:

Well, well, never thought I'd see a diesel hybrid.  I wonder how much it helps the mileage rating - and if it has a 12v battery or everything is 48v.

It's only a mild hybrid. A lot of the latest generation of Euro cars, including diesels, are gaining 48V mild hybrid systems in order to meet increasingly tough emissions rules. Automakers that can't get below 95g of CO2/km fleet wide will be handed punitive fines.

4 hours ago, jestevens said:

Mom is looking to buy a crossover in the next two years -- I think it's down to either 2020 Escape Hybrid or 2019+ RAV4 Hybrid .. both get around 40MPG -- the RAV4 might have more cargo room.

Escape definitely looks better.

Paul

23 hours ago, ptjones said:

Just talked to my Dealer and got a Vin# and will be built the week of Aug. 10th with delivery about two weeks later, around the end of the month.image.gif.c957cb56b68cf5007e0d44541fb3ef95.gif so about a month to go.

Paul

Emailed my Ford dealer a couple days ago about Escape Plug-in delivery schedule.  He said...

Can't even order yet, May be a 2021.
I'll recontact you in 30 days, more information by then??

44 minutes ago, homestead said:

Emailed my Ford dealer a couple days ago about Escape Plug-in delivery schedule.  He said...

Can't even order yet, May be a 2021.
I'll recontact you in 30 days, more information by then??

Email him back and say you know someone that has a week of Aug. 10th build date and a Vin#.  My Sales Manager has a friend at the Louisville, KY  Plant to get more info from when they start building them.

Paul

7 hours ago, ptjones said:

Email him back and say you know someone that has a week of Aug. 10th build date and a Vin#.  My Sales Manager has a friend at the Louisville, KY  Plant to get more info from when they start building them.

Paul

Is your car going to be the first one to roll off the line?  ?