Who is going to jump to the Escape Hybrid?

markd

Two important details on the XPlan are 1) the price includes advertising, finance costs, transportation, fuel charges and Ford Motor Company or Lincoln Motor Company administrative fees and 2) dealers will be permitted to assess up to $100 in documentary fees unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulation.  The dealership may not charge extra for these items. So, no building up the price with advertising fees, admin costs, and document fees.  The Cost formula for the XPlan price for Ford products = Invoice - (0.4% X Invoice) + $275.  Delivery Charge is then added to this price.  In addition, XPlan customers can receive special offers from Ford which are not available to the Public in addition to the incentives shown below.  So, here's the latest prices including incentives (all incentives may not apply) for the Escape except for the PHEV Escape.

Xplan.JPG.985bf121e8ae12d6bee2687e869a5bdc.JPG

11 hours ago, fbov said:

On this basis, mine was $31,666, with AWD ($1500) and $240 in options. 

Frank

One other point:  There are invoice prices for options (I believe just factory installed ones) which are included in the XPlan cost.  I don’t have the invoice option prices.  But comparing  an actual Titanium AWD with a FWD one, both with no other options, the XPlan cost difference is $1436 which means invoice for the $1500 MSRP AWD option would be about $1436/0.996 = $1442.  

The benefit of the XPlan includes being able to buy at a fixed price regardless of market conditions and to get occasional special incentive offers not available to the public.   BMW has a similar program.  Currently BMW is offering an $11,000 incentive on their I3s.  Add in the $7,500 FIT credit, and one can get an 2020 MSRP $54,000 I3  REX for a net cost of $35,500 less any dealer discounts. 

Edited by Plus 3 Golfer

• 2 weeks later...

Talk to my Dealer today and My FEH plugin is on order, it won't be ready till sometime in May.image.gif.4566bed45158044a08796db9b3f60c12.gif I may have to buy a used 2017 CMAX Plugin, not sure how much longer my CMAX Hybrid is going to last with 247K miles, power steering hasn't been coming on every time. I have to shut it off and try again and it works.

Paul

10 hours ago, ptjones said:

Talk to my Dealer today and My FEH plugin is on order, it won't be ready till sometime in May.image.gif.4566bed45158044a08796db9b3f60c12.gif I may have to buy a used 2017 CMAX Plugin, not sure how much longer my CMAX Hybrid is going to last with 247K miles, power steering hasn't been coming on every time. I have to shut it off and try again and it works.

Paul

Hang in there - you've got to get to a quarter million miles!  As to the power steering, mine would sometimes come on after a delay (maybe 5 or 10 seconds) and sometimes the displays either side of the speedometer would come on after an abnormal delay.  Now that I think about it, I don't recall either event happening since I got the new 12V battery.  Maybe you should check the voltage with a meter before you start in the morning and see if yours is going really low - like below 10.5V.

Hello, strangers!  Long time no see!  Once upon a time I frequented this forum, waiting for my Maxine, my beloved 2013 C-Max Hybrid.  I ended up keeping her for three years, but the "spirited driving" bug bit me and my wife, so we traded in her Focus and poor Maxine for his-n-hers Fiesta STs.  It was fun...for a while.  As the traffic in my area gets steadily worse, the daily slog with a manual transmission, even one as light and smooth as the FiST's, was getting to be too much.  And while I loved the Recaro seats that kept you in place during, ahem, "spirited" maneuvers, the angle it forced my left leg into for the clutch was doing a real number on my knee.  I finally had enough...and wandered to a local Ford dealer this weekend to test drive an Escape Hybrid.

And a few hours after that...I drove her home!

I've never been a fan of the new Escape's styling, but it's slowly growing on me.  I fell in love with the Dark Persian Green color immediately - it always looks more teal or blue than green to me, but I'm red-green color-blind, so I'm not the best judge of colors anyway!  I thought I'd prefer the lighter Sandstone material, and while it did make the cabin feel lighter and airier, it also highlighted the cheapness of the materials in the bottom half, especially around the HVAC controls, so I went with the Ebony.  The driving position is perfect, and the extra acoustic quieting of the Titanium is greatly appreciated.  I miss the details of the C-Max's displays, but the EV Coach is still very helpful in learning how to best recover 100% of the braking energy.

I'm happy to be back in a hybrid, and I'm looking forward to many years of relaxing and efficient commuting!  As much fun as the FiST was to flail around corners, I find my commute to be much more relaxing and soothing now.  I guess I'm just getting older!

IMG_0390.jpg

On 2/10/2020 at 10:22 PM, SnowStorm said:

Hang in there - you've got to get to a quarter million miles!  As to the power steering, mine would sometimes come on after a delay (maybe 5 or 10 seconds) and sometimes the displays either side of the speedometer would come on after an abnormal delay.  Now that I think about it, I don't recall either event happening since I got the new 12V battery.  Maybe you should check the voltage with a meter before you start in the morning and see if yours is going really low - like below 10.5V.

My 12v battery still reads 12 v when I get in the car and is 2 yrs old.

Paul

Consumer Reports has finished testing of their 2020 FEH, but not published yet.  But they give brief overview of the results starting at minute 11:38 of video here:

https://www.consumerreports.org/video/view/cars/talking-cars/6132637010001/talking-cars--episode-243/

Generally favorable..   They paid $34,740 for unspecified trim / options.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the Altanta Car Show yesterday and FORD had a 2020 FEH Plugin so I took some pics. FORD people said they would be available in June. The tires were Michelin Primacy A/S, not the Bridgstones Ecopia's on the Hybrid's. Looking at the Center Console there was no switches for EV only/Hybrid only or Auto. No Plugin Badge on the car and only Plugin Door.I'm not sure that this plugin had the everything the production car would have. It is a SEL, not Titanium.

Paul

FEHP4.jpg

FEHP3.jpg

FEHP2.jpg

FEHP1.jpg

There are just plain ugly to start with IMO and I didn't see any pricing yet. 302 HP is impressive, but I think it is coming from the three electric motors, not the ICE and they say 39 mile range, I'm thinking that HVB is got to be pretty heavy.  They said it's coming out in June in the reviews.  If I had thought about it I could checked on it at the Atlanta Car Show when I was there.

Paul