600+Mile CMax Club

Jus-A-CMax

Question for the high miles per tank people.

When you fill the tank do you.

1. Hang up hose at the first click off

2. Run gas again till it clicks again

3. Hit the pump 2 or 3 times after first click off  (me)

4. Pump gas till it runs down the side of the car

I'm thinking about a 600 mile tank, 13B07, perfect weather and no 75+mph trips.

I have a little over 100 miles on this tank, MPG is averaging a little over 50.

I always take the meter to the closet $$, so i.e. $45.50 I would bump up to an even $46

3 gallons - 864+  :cleaning:

:stirpot:   Nick

I like your math the best!   :victory:

null_zps4d7175e8.jpg

I even rocked the car in an attempt to "burp it" to hopefully squeeeeeeeze in a couple of more tenths.    I usually stop at the first click so this is new territory for me.

Go! Run it dry fotomoto.... :skateboard:

That's my plan!  :kookie:

null_zps4c487073.jpg

Question for the high miles per tank people.

1. Hang up hose at the first click off

2. Run gas again till it clicks again

3. Hit the pump 2 or 3 times after first click off  (me)

5. Forgot this one "I always take the meter to the closet $$, so i.e. $45.50 I would bump up to an even $46" thanks mtb

I'm thinking about a 600 mile tank, 13B07, perfect weather and no 75+mph trips.

I have a little over 100 miles on this tank, MPG is averaging a little over 50.

#4 works for me. LOL :)

Alternately cheering and holding my breath!! Fingers, toes, and eyeballs crossed.

Yeah, the butterflies start churning in the ol' stomach once all those low fuel warnings come on!   :waiting:

Jus, do you feel something on your back?    :detective:   It's a target!  :)

null_zps3a14133e.jpg

64.4 MPG  I can't believe it myself!

Edited by fotomoto

Why me? I ain't Top Dog...ptjones.

>>Jus, do you feel something on your back?       It's a target!   

And again, thanks for the INCREDIBLY SENSITIVE remarks since my back is frozen and I have physical therapy this afternoon to relieve the strain.  Forgive me if I do not cheer you on after your a$$inine statement...oh insert smiley here.

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Yeah, the butterflies start churning in the ol' stomach once all those low fuel warnings come on!   :waiting:

Jus, do you feel something on your back?    :detective:   It's a target!   :)

null_zps3a14133e.jpg

64.4 MPG  I can't believe it myself!

Did you run out of gas? Great job I knew you could do it! I hope you ran it dry so you know how big your tank is and how that correlates to SmartGauge. :yahoo: 

Paul

Why me? I ain't Top Dog...ptjones.

Jus trying to include you in the conversation.  Nothing more.  See what I did there?   :)

Did you run out of gas? Great job I knew you could do it! I hope you ran it dry so you know how big your tank is and how that correlates to SmartGauge. :yahoo:

Paul

Paul,  I'm not empty.  I hope to still have a gallon or more left!  So I'm continuing on :shift:  hence my reference to Jus.  Gas can at the ready.   :superhero:

3 gallons - 864+  :cleaning:

:stirpot:   Nick

Foto, Congrats on 800!  850, 860 may still be possible; 864+-, all ????.  :)   Enjoy the perch, whatever you choose / hit (especially knowing Paul is about to launch an attack on 900).

Nick

PS  It is all just a game - maybe even a fun game.  ;)

Edited by C-MaxSea

Yikes Doug!! That's a pretty insensitive thing to say to someone who's just been rear-ended in a bad car accident. Surely you didn't think before you hit the *Post* button!

Sorry, I didn't know as I hadn't been keeping up with his thread.  I've been busy behind the wheel.   

Edited by fotomoto

Adair, he knows.  Hes posted on that thread.  I had enough of fotomoto aka doug. First there was the Thursday remarks and now this. He remains unapologetic and not sure whats up with him targeting me but its not acceptable. I hate to think about his manners at a funeral,the things he'd say. So I am IGNORING him. Congrats Doug and have a Happy Life.

Yes, that's the one I referred to.

Adair, he knows.  Hes posted on that thread.  I

Yes, I did.  Last I "heard", you had back pain and were getting treatment/massages.  Has it elevated to something else:  broken, surgery, etc?    I have a coworker that needed one of those locking braces around his head and neck with pins in his forehead, etc.  Bad stuff indeed.

I'm guessing between 1/2-1gal. left. from my experience. :) It will be interesting to see what your actual # are.

Paul

On my 700 tank attempt, I got to 12.98 but didn't run it dry (chickened out).  I really tried to get much more in on this fill up (see gas stain photo).  We'll see.....

Foto, Congrats on 800!  850, 860 may still be possible; 864+-, all ????.  :)   Enjoy the perch, whatever you choose / hit (especially knowing Paul is about to launch an attack on 900).

Nick

PS  It is all just a game - maybe even a fun game.  ;)

Yes, going with simple math: approx. 1 gallon left with a 64.x mpg tank avg. it appears you are spot on with the 864 estimation!   :spend:

I was sure I could catch jus-a-CMax but I thought Paul was going to be the crap shoot.  What I haven't disclosed is that I decided, in pool terms, to try to run the table.  Saturday was going to be hot and windy while Sunday's forecast called for cooler temps and nearly zero winds.  Monday (today) called for hot and very wind (gusts to 45mph).  Thus, Sunday looked to be both a sign and the perfect wave so I was going to surf it.  Plus I didn't have any personal obligations.  :)

Temps were in the upper 60's to low 70's with a light fog (proof of no wind).  Sunday morning traffic would be very light to nonexistent.  I had laid out a city course with as few stops as possible while also keeping speeds low (under 40mph).   Over the days run, I avg an astonishing (for me) 72mpg running avg.  

null_zps97ce4c10.jpg

Needless to say, the remaining fuel went much further than anticipated and suddenly a new goal appeared on the horizon:  900 miles!

null_zpsb471adca.jpg

After the earlier euphoria of eclipsing our resident experts in the 800 zone, I felt gutted as I rolled to a stop in a parking lot a mere 5.3 miles away from the 900 plateau.  :gaah:   

BTW,after putting in a gallon or so and restarting the CMax, it continue on as if nothing had happened; no coughing, wheezing, error messages, etc.  What an amazing car!  :salute:

Edited by fotomoto

More WOWS here!  It just keeps getting better.  :gold_star:  :gold_star: :gold_star:  for Foto.

I see several 900's in the future - lots of super drivers here.  And, yes, "What an amazing car!" 

:hat_tip:  to all of the great drivers here.

Nick

I'd just be happy to earn a 700 mile run.  Came close but ran out of gas at 650+

I was sure I could catch jus-a-CMax but I thought Paul was going to be the crap shoot.  What I haven't disclosed is that I decided, in pool terms, to try to run the table.  Saturday was going to be hot and windy while Sunday's forecast called for cooler temps and nearly zero winds.  Monday (today) called for hot and very wind (gusts to 45mph).  Thus, Sunday looked to be both a sign and the perfect wave so I was going to surf it.  Plus I didn't have any personal obligations.   :)

Temps were in the upper 60's to low 70's with a light fog (proof of no wind).  Sunday morning traffic would be very light to nonexistent.  I had laid out a city course with as few stops as possible while also keeping speeds low (under 40mph).   Over the days run, I avg an astonishing (for me) 72mpg running avg.  

null_zps97ce4c10.jpg

Needless to say, the remaining fuel went much further than anticipated and suddenly a new goal appeared on the horizon:  900 miles!

null_zpsb471adca.jpg

After the earlier euphoria of eclipsing our resident experts in the 800 zone, I felt gutted as I rolled to a stop in a parking lot a mere 5.3 miles away from the 900 plateau.  :gaah:   

BTW,after putting in a gallon or so and restarting the CMax, it continue on as if nothing had happened; no coughing, wheezing, error messages, etc.  What an amazing car!  :salute:

Truly amazing, I can't even imagine how you drove to that inspiring number considering how hard it was for me to achieve my personal best at 650+ and running the tank dry. But your remarks to Jus even if meant in a different light were tasteless and insensitive considering what he's been through and possibly losing his Maxine.

Edited by mtb9153

Congratulations fotomoto  :yahoo:  You just raised the bar higher. I'm leaving this morning on my trip to Phoenix to see family and if we can do  +900mi

Paul 

I wish you good luck!  I would think the westbound leg would be tough due to headwinds.  Last time I checked, there was a pacific front sweeping east across the lower section of the country.  Let us know how it goes.