600+Mile CMax Club

Jus-A-CMax

And out of nowhere HannahWCU pulls a 704.8!!!! :clapping:   I started another thread yesterday about my decision to go for 700.  It was VERY CLOSE.  Although the Trip meter says I used 12.89 Gallons for a 54.6MPG average, I KNEW it lied.  I just didn't know how much until I filled up ... Pump indicated I put 13.937 Gallons in the tank!!!! :drop:  I guess the owners manual lies when it states the Hybrid has a 13.5 gallon tank. :rtfm:

post-355-0-04805300-1382568297_thumb.jpg

Edited by HannahWCU

And out of nowhere HannahWCU pulls a 704.8!!!! :clapping:   I started another thread yesterday about my decision to go for 700.  It was VERY CLOSE.  Although the Trip meter says I used 12.89 Gallons for a 54.6MPG average, I KNEW it lied.  I just didn't know how much until I filled up ... Pump indicated I put 13.937 Gallons in the tank!!!! :drop:  I guess the owners manual lies when it states the Hybrid has a 13.5 gallon tank. :rtfm:

attachicon.gifcmax704.jpg

It gives me great pleasure, as a fellow Tar Heel, to add you as the 7th Member of the C-MAX 700+ mile club!!!! Way to go HannahWCU!!!! I knew you would make it!!!(It's the Blue Candy!!)  :congrats:  :woohoo:  :gold_star:

Thank you, thank you. I really appreciate that. It does take a lot of work to achieve 700 miles on a tank. I spent 7 days getting up early so I could take my alternate route to work. It adds 15-20 minutes to my normally 35 minute commute to work. I REALLY didn't think I could ever get 700 miles. But everything came together over the last 9 days. Good cool weather, allowing me to keep the windows rolled up and the AC off. And no rain!! With a frost advisory for tonight, I finished just in time too!

Thank you, thank you. I really appreciate that. It does take a lot of work to achieve 700 miles on a tank. I spent 7 days getting up early so I could take my alternate route to work. It adds 15-20 minutes to my normally 35 minute commute to work. I REALLY didn't think I could ever get 700 miles. But everything came together over the last 9 days. Good cool weather, allowing me to keep the windows rolled up and the AC off. And no rain!! With a frost advisory for tonight, I finished just in time too!

Yup, it takes way more effort on the drivers part plus a good bit of luck with the planets lining up (wx, traffic, time, family plans, etc).  It's not as easy as it sounds.  CONGRATS! :happy feet:  and welcome to the club.  Champagne and caviar are on the table next to the bar.  **********

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

GaZounds !!!  That is a remarkable start!  Weather permitting a PR to be sure.  Go Fotomotooooooooooooo!  :worship:

The plot thickens.  :stirpot:

Nick

(I'm that close to pods, wheel covers.................moving to California...... ;) )

And Grill Covers make the biggest difference. of all. :)

Paul

700 barrier is behind me now!  Bad news is the yellow low fuel indicator has activated; however, cumulative MPG has increased slightly which is a very good sign!  :happy feet:

null_zpsadb92bd9.jpg

By My Calculations you should have 2gals left and should make 800mi. and don't forget the gas can.LOL :)

One fellow recently posted of filling up with 13.7 gallons while milking it on an out of state trip but that could very well be a cheating gas pump (my guess) since he hadn't run out of gas.

Question for the high miles per tank people.

When you fill the tank do you.

1. Hang up hose at the first click off

2. Run gas again till it clicks again

3. Hit the pump 2 or 3 times after first click off  (me)

4. Pump gas till it runs down the side of the car

5. Forgot this one "I always take the meter to the closet $$, so i.e. $45.50 I would bump up to an even $46" thanks mtb

I'm thinking about a 600 mile tank, 13B07, perfect weather and no 75+mph trips.

I have a little over 100 miles on this tank, MPG is averaging a little over 50.

Edited by wab