600+Mile CMax Club

Jus-A-CMax

JAZ

"wab, not much difference with what I experienced, mpg-wise.  However, when I filled up (3 times) the pump said I used about 10% more fuel than the dash readout.  How about you?"

Yes

NOT new to us, the last 3 cars (1 a non Ford) have reported better MPG than what I hand calculate.

AND I hand calculate EVERY tank

AND almost never buy at the same station 2 times in a row

AND almost never use the same pump at my 4 favorite stations.

wab

Let's have a big round of applause :clapping: for the 7th member of the 700 MILE CLUB, ScubaDadMiami (704.4/541.0 EV) 56.9 MPG, member since 12.7.13!  :gold_star:

Yeah, it's winter, and it will be harder for some of us to even get 500  :drool:for a while, others of us are still able to achieve great things! :congrats:​ 

Way to go SDM!!!

Adair

(and on a side note, my emoticons are back!!! :love_shower: )

• 1 month later...

I didn't think that I was going to make it on this tank (tourist traffic, weather, some bad breaks), but MPG MAX certainly lived up to her name.  Announcing the latest entrant into the 800+ Mile Club! 

Stats for this tank:

800.1 Miles

63 MPG

12.68 Gallons

All stock (no tire overinflation or aero mods)

800Tank001

I finished off the tank with a great last run, making a 73.7 MPG final trip, as I pulled into the Costco on hope, adrenaline, and fumes!

I didn't think that I was going to make it on this tank (tourist traffic, weather, some bad breaks), but MPG MAX certainly lived up to her name.  Announcing the latest entrant into the 800+ Mile Club! 

Stats for this tank:

800.1 Miles

63 MPG

12.68 Gallons

All stock (no tire overinflation or aero mods)

I finished off the tank with a great last run, making a 73.7 MPG final trip, as I pulled into the Costco on hope, adrenaline, and fumes!

Great Job! Just curious did you top off and how many gallons?

Just curious did you top off and how many gallons?

I am assuming that you mean topping off after the run.  No, I shut off the pump when it clicked off. 

This was the first time that there was a pretty significant difference between what the (Costco) pump said versus the dash meter.

Pump = 13.288

C-MAX =  12.68

Normally, there is only about .2 difference.

I am assuming that you mean topping off after the run.  No, I shut off the pump when it clicked off. 

This was the first time that there was a pretty significant difference between what the (Costco) pump said versus the dash meter.

Pump = 13.288

C-MAX =  12.68

Normally, there is only about .2 difference.

It looks like you may had 2/10s+ still in the tank. It would be good to know how much you can stuff in the tank. It seems the tank will hold 13.9-14gal. Good Job! :)

Paul

Scuba -

Outstanding!  When are you coming back to NC to give us driving lessons?

My daughter currently lives in New Hampshire.  So, I will be driving up there during summers.  However, I recently got a call from her, and she told me that she and her husband want to move farther south, where winters would be milder compared to NH, but in a similar environment.  Next month, they are coming to check out Asheville.  If they make that move, I'll be seeing a lot more of your neighborhood.

I had a great time in North Carolina.  I want to check out more of the Bartram Trail, especially Sam Knob Summit.  I really loved it there.  Plus, I can take the dog with me on those hikes.  I'd love to check out the National forests, but I won't go where I can't bring the pooch!

If they make this move, it probably won't be for a few years.  Until then, I'll enjoy New England, and making this trip allows me to stop in to see family in the Philadelphia area, where I grew up.  Once they make the move, I'll look forward to not having to drive nearly so far to visit.

My daughter currently lives in New Hampshire.  So, I will be driving up there during summers.  However, I recently got a call from her, and she told me that she and her husband want to move farther south, where winters would be milder compared to NH, but in a similar environment.  Next month, they are coming to check out Asheville.  If they make that move, I'll be seeing a lot more of your neighborhood.

I had a great time in North Carolina.  I want to check out more of the Bartram Trail, especially Sam Knob Summit.  I really loved it there.  Plus, I can take the dog with me on those hikes.  I'd love to check out the National forests, but I won't go where I can't bring the pooch!

If they make this move, it probably won't be for a few years.  Until then, I'll enjoy New England, and making this trip allows me to stop in to see family in the Philadelphia area, where I grew up.  Once they make the move, I'll look forward to not having to drive nearly so far to visit.

Gee, You will probably be going through Atlanta, So you could drop by and compare CMAX's if you had time too. :)

Paul

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Congratz David another great tank!  Great driving.  Can't believe no one else noticed this.  Looks like you are doing very well with your C-Max there in Long Beach.  We 'touched down' in Long Beach a couple weeks ago for some Sunny weather.  Now that's a beach!   Hope Adair or Jus see this and get your name bumped up the list of 600+ soon.

Nick  

Edited by C-MaxSea

First tank at 600 miles. I probably could have got a lot more out of it but I didn't want to take any chances. Pretty sure I could have got another 70 miles.

Now what is the url I need to add to my signature to add the graphic? I tried the one on the top of the post but it shows up full size

NM. Figured it out.

post-1648-0-49799300-1395853639_thumb.jpg

Edited by John Sparks