600+Mile CMax Club

Jus-A-CMax

Finally! Although I haven't really been tracking it until this tank. Only mod is GasPods and had to quit with some range remaining :/ Also, some of this tank was 42 mpg with me running late for work twice and gunning it down I-4. Btw - had my car since January... not many miles.

600 :)

Edited by kc1174

Well congratulations kc1174!!! So nice to see our numbers continue to climb! Do you feel the gas pods gave you the edge you needed? (I just ordered mine.)

I will update Post 1 right away. Stick around, I predict you'll see even higher numbers.

Cheers!

Yeah am feeling the pods help especially around 50-55 when I find that ICE sweet spot with a good charge on the battery and keep ICE just above the blue line. Before the pods, I was getting around 42 or so, but with the pods I'm seeing low 50s.. on ICE - not hybrid drive. Not sure if this is just chance, but it's the same trip, same everything and only a few weeks apart. The pods were installed around 300 miles ago, but I think they're helping!

Btw not sure if many here use them, but the Scangauge is definitely helping with the driving, especially high ICE. I find the state of charge parameter is far more accurate on the Scangauge than the battery indicator. Try to keep it around 50-60 and there's the high ICE.

Now onto 700... :)

Kevin

Btw not sure if many here use them, but the Scangauge is definitely helping with the driving, especially high ICE. I find the state of charge parameter is far more accurate on the Scangauge than the battery indicator. Try to keep it around 50-60 and there's the high ICE.

+1   Had a slight tailwind and a very smooth road when I saw this on Eco-cruise @ 60mph:

null_zps23ec8c30.jpg

Edited by fotomoto

+1 Had a slight tailwind and a very smooth road when I saw this on Eco-cruise

Nice! Yeah I can't seem to get my eco-cruise to stop dropping into EV...

Always wondered - I know the intention is to get as many miles on a full tank, but given the weight of a full tank, I feel like seeing if I can break 350 or 400 on 6.75 gallons... Nah, maybe not :)

Well, I should just not let work get in the way of my Forum duties, that's pretty clear  :lol2:

I completely missed Paul's leap into first place in the 800+ club AND was late entering DavidWhitham' s jump and Cwannall entry into the 600+ mile club!!! Way to go guys!!! I'll try to not be late again! 

Post 1 is now updated!

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like members have given up on better MPG's for the season. I'm making an another trip to Phoenix in a couple of weeks and we will see how that goes. :)

Paul

Ah no, I'm on my way to my first 700 here with this current tank. Finally the weather is cooperating here in FL :) Currently 7.92 gallons and 463 miles on the trip.

Kevin

Cheers Paul!

This is my first full tank without needing AC, and with the gaspods, but it's going well so far.

I'll be interested to see how winter driving miles are this year vs. last, given the FE update, our cars having more miles and us being more used to the C-Max's ways. Thinking of a move to Colorado next year, so will be interesting to see.

A little off topic but doesn't deserve it's own thread or a discussion - call it an interlude. An insurance ad where a Prius owner's cart rolls towards a C-Max (apparently towards the huge baby, but I think it was aimed for the Max). First ad I've seen with C-Maxes since Ford's cartoon :)

The weather has started to cool down, so I can try running some tanks without the air conditioner.  It surely makes a big difference. 

Final Numbers:

700.4 Miles
56.9 MPG
12.30 Gallons

This tank was with about 25 percent (more than the first quarter of a tank, per the gauge) with air conditioner use.  So, I could have done even better.  Let's see what happens when full winter conditions (the Miami version) set in.

700 Mile Tank

The weather has started to cool down, so I can try running some tanks without the air conditioner.  It surely makes a big difference. 

Final Numbers:

700.4 Miles
56.9 MPG
12.30 Gallons

This tank was with about 25 percent (more than the first quarter of a tank, per the gauge) with air conditioner use.  So, I could have done even better.  Let's see what happens when full winter conditions (the Miami version) set in.

How many gals. did it take to fill up your tank? To me it looks like you could have gone another 50mi. :)

Paul

Wow, what great millage you guys are getting. Can't wait till mine is delivered. Do you give driving lessons??

This review definitely helped me! AC takes some power from the hybrid battery, but don't take it to the extreme like I did in mine today - 86° out and drove home 26 miles and got 65mpg - and a splitting headache and heatstoke :)

Would help if I posted the link..

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/1751-jus-another-cmax-review/?fromsearch=1

Edited by kc1174

The weather has started to cool down, so I can try running some tanks without the air conditioner. It surely makes a big difference.

Final Numbers:

700.4 Miles

56.9 MPG

12.30 Gallons

This tank was with about 25 percent (more than the first quarter of a tank, per the gauge) with air conditioner use. So, I could have done even better. Let's see what happens when full winter conditions (the Miami version) set in.

Excellent! I was on track for a similar tank too, but had to take mine into the dealer to fix some more trim. Trip average mpg dropped 4.6mpg, so am looking at 650 or so. Did tell them not to run it, but having a dashcam in there, I was able to see what they did live over wifi... still - best recorded tank, but feel I could have broken 700 :/ Anyone find that keeping that ICE sweet spot is impossible when driving over rough terrain? Roads here are terrible - and the late brakers here too.. grr. Cup half full though with a 650 tank :)

Good job Scuba!

Kevin

Edited by kc1174

Wow, what great millage you guys are getting.  Can't wait till mine is delivered.  Do you give driving lessons??  

I though about starting a weekend CMAX/FFH  driving school, but don't know how much interest or how well it would work out. Maybe if enough members where interested I could figure out something. :)

Paul