600+Mile CMax Club

Jus-A-CMax

First tank at 600 miles. I probably could have got a lot more out of it but I didn't want to take any chances. Pretty sure I could have got another 70 miles.

Now what is the url I need to add to my signature to add the graphic? I tried the one on the top of the post but it shows up full size

NM. Figured it out.

Good Job! How many gal did take to fill up? have you checked how accurate you odometer is, mine is off by 1.5%. It would be interesting to see what your actual mileage was  and MPG's. :) 

I just top off 12.6gal, 639.9mi and 50.8mpg actual, Smart Gauge had 630.5mi, 12.15gal and 51.8mpg and 391mi EV.

Paul

Good Job! How many gal did take to fill up? have you checked how accurate you odometer is, mine is off by 1.5%. It would be interesting to see what your actual mileage was  and MPG's. :) 

I just top off 12.6gal, 639.9mi and 50.8mpg actual, Smart Gauge had 630.5mi, 12.15gal and 51.8mpg and 391mi EV.

Paul

Car says 11.76 gallons. I put 12.47 in it but it was like 30° outside.

I'm thinking when it gets in the 80s around here I'll be doing much better. My goal is to get at least 1-60 mpg tank this summer. Don't mean I'll stop there though.

Best. Tank. EVER.

attachicon.gif600MileTank05.jpg

Congratz David another great tank!  Great driving.  Can't believe no one else noticed this.  Looks like you are doing very well with your C-Max there in Long Beach.  We 'touched down' in Long Beach a couple weeks ago for some Sunny weather.  Now that's a beach!   Hope Adair or Jus see this and get your name bumped up the list of 600+ soon.

Nick  

Thanks to WAB for bringing this to my attention. I've been  MIA for most of the winter (long story) and I'll probably be MIA a bit longer, but I want to congratulate DavidWitham on this spectacular tank.............in the winter no less!!! Way to go! I'll get you updated right away!!!

Post 959 of this same thread.

OK, you're in SDM!!! That's just so amazing to me! and so reassuring, after the winter we've had, that people are still achieving these MPGs! Truly amazing. Way to go! So sorry to have missed it the first time around.

post-1445-0-49385600-1396898546_thumb.jpg post-1445-0-14687700-1396898588_thumb.jpg

Well, that was fun. The power blinked while I was posting the first time.

I still have the center grill covered and running tires at 48 psi.

The computer says 12.12 gallons; the pump reads 12.883 gallons actual. (This is common, not related to temperatures, or vendor.)

Fuelly definitely reveals the effect of warmer weather. Now I need to make CMax more slippery!

Just found this thread, so my recent 600.4 doesn't count (as I didn't know to take a picture.) Game on! Almost stranded myself. The final 25 miles to go disappeared in 6. Gassed up reading 3 miles remaining. Extra gas would be advisable.

My wife loves her stock 2013 C-Max SE. 46.6 mpg last tank.

Good going!  CMAX tank holds 13.9-14gal., how many gal. did you put in the tank? :)

Paul

• 1 month later...

I think maybe they aren't motivated enough, LOL Maybe if we offered a prize. I had my first 600mile tank in one month and sixth fill up, with all the good information in " Hybrid driving Tips and Tricks"  anyone can get to 600miles on a tank. Come on 2014 Owners you can do it. Gee just thinking salsaguy if you hurry up and get your CMAX you could be the first. LOL IMHO :)

Paul

Only reason I haven't submitted anything is time - it takes me a month to drive 600 miles commuting, and I can't stay on side roads long enough on any one tank. The last tank was going to make it handily, 49.9 mpg, but I had to fill it early because we were traveling. Life gets in the way of car stuff!

HAve fun,

Frank

Doing fuelly.com helps to show you how your mpgs are increasing (hopefully) with the car breaking in and changes in the weather and your driving changes. It will eventually show you when you have maxed out after full break in time has been reached (about 10-12k miles)  It helps show you trends. It's not that hard to do. Just always print the receipt out and write on the receipt your miles driven since last fill/trip reset and what the dash shows as your mpg so you can log it on your notes on fuelly. when you get home (or get a chance) enter the data on the site. If you have a smart phone you can put a bookmark to the site on your home screen as a shortcut so you can do it on the field at the station. Take a look at my fuelly or jus-a-cmax's by clicking on our fuelly icons to get an idea of what we put in our logs over there.

For those filling up every week like my wife I can see how it may seem to  take too much time out of your schedule (not really but...) buit doing it once a month....come on....no problemo. 5-7 mins max

The more the merrier.

Enjoy.

Only reason I haven't submitted anything is time - it takes me a month to drive 600 miles commuting, and I can't stay on side roads long enough on any one tank. The last tank was going to make it handily, 49.9 mpg, but I had to fill it early because we were traveling. Life gets in the way of car stuff!

HAve fun,

Frank

Edited by salsaguy

Doing fuelly.com...

You missed the point... my post had nothing to do with Fuelly. Already logging fuel, tires, oil and "standard route" trip data...

It had everything to do with Paul's post regrading the dirth of 2014 submissions to the 600 mile club, and how long it takes to get 600+ miles driving only 30 miles/day. For me, it's not a matter of fuel consumption, but rather timing of the long, high-speed trips, like the 1400 miles we did this weekend, and my inability to stay in town long enough to get a 600+ mile tank driving primarily on low FC routes. The tank lasts too long, and short or long trips kill the average.

I look forward to your comments as an owner!

Have fun,

Frank

You missed the point... my post had nothing to do with Fuelly. Already logging fuel, tires, oil and "standard route" trip data...

It had everything to do with Paul's post regrading the dirth of 2014 submissions to the 600 mile club, and how long it takes to get 600+ miles driving only 30 miles/day. For me, it's not a matter of fuel consumption, but rather timing of the long, high-speed trips, like the 1400 miles we did this weekend, and my inability to stay in town long enough to get a 600+ mile tank driving primarily on low FC routes. The tank lasts too long, and short or long trips kill the average.

Lots of agreement with your post here. It is difficult to find enough time and miles to put together a non-highway, warm weather tank. City driving is not mile-intensive so it takes a while. It gets even harder when taking the car in the interstate. Getting trip mileage of 60+MPG is pretty easy and fast. Getting 600 mile tanks takes a lot more time and consistent attention.

• 2 weeks later...

OK gamers in the north country - it's that time of year!

652m / 12.79g / 50.8 mpg / at the pump

(Guess I left 50 miles and a 700 mile tank 'on the table' - maybe next time I will carry an emergency supply and go for it)

http://nollieworks.smugmug.com/photos/i-VMRnC6r/0/L/i-VMRnC6r-L.jpg

Edited by C-MaxSea

Well, it looks like I dropped into this thread on the right night for one and about 2 months 2 late for another!!! BUT, really nice job Nick!! Way to go! You are now officially moved up on the list!

And welcome to the 600 + Club, Bemyax!! So sorry I missed your announcement 2 months ago!

I think I have everyone caught up now, but if I've missed anyone, please email me @ arenning@aol.com. Family medical issues have kept me away, but I'm back (at least more regularly now) and I want to catch up with everyone!