Named your car?

RachelnLa

When I got my C-Max two months ago I assumed that everyone else would refer to theirs as "Max".  Needing to be at least a little bit different, I dubbed mine "Maxwell".  I've also referred to mine as "Max Headroom", as I am 6' 3" and have PLENTY of room in the driver's seat (and I'm also a child of the '80s as well :yahoo: ).

• 2 weeks later...

This is the first car I have named.  The week I got the car, the fuel economy was shown as averaging about 22 mpg.  That was worse than my old Mercury Sable - so I have named the car Guzzler.  ("Guz" for short, so the car thinks his name is "Guster").  

Maybe a name is fitting for this car because Guzzler has a lot of personality.  You never know which part of the Sync/MyTouch system won't work any time the car is started.

Since it is Ruby Red I was going with Ruby.  But I think I won't give it a name.  My plate is: A HOT 1.  My 2001 Mustang GT convertible is: A COOL 1. 

I'll find you one day....I was travelling Los Angeles late this afternoon and I passed a White CMax turning left to Lewis as I headed towards Simi. I know there is a Candy Blue and now a White CMax around there. 

Our SEL hybrid we're picking up this weekend will be the not very original Maxie, but since our other car is a MINI Cooper, we will have the MINI and Maxie twins. Seemed fitting.

Navigation voice in the new SEL will be Cassandra, the prophetess doomed never to be believed.

Navigation system in the MINI is Corrigan, named after "Wrong Way" Corrigan.

I'll find you one day....I was travelling Los Angeles late this afternoon and I passed a White CMax turning left to Lewis as I headed towards Simi. I know there is a Candy Blue and now a White CMax around there. 

Jus-A-CMax 

As long as my C-Max keeps starting, there is a good chance you'll run into me.  Hopefully not literally!

--Marty

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I love it!    :hi5: Most of the time I can tell if a member here is male or female by the name they give their car.  The men like to name their cars women's names and the women like to name their cars men's names.  As I mentioned in a post a while back my car is named Max  :shift: and my sync is Maxine.  

Edited by C-Maxgo

Funny how the car talking gets a different name than the car itself!?!

Sync I usually call hazel. No clue it just popped out.

The car itself is Rainette.

I love the name Hazel.  It makes me laugh because it reminds me of a sit com from the 60's called Hazel.  Rainette is an unusual name.  Does it have to do with the Ice Storm color?