What cool hidden feature have you discovered about your C-Max?

armoredsaint

I've noticed a cool breeze inside the console when fan is running.  I wonder if some creative hole cutting could lead to a refrigerated console like some other cars have?

Maybe a small penalty for the rear seat passengers, but we seldom have passengers anyway.

Yeah, there is a vent in there, that console is designed so that you can put a cup in there and keep it cooler via that vent that blows cool air. I didn't use it as much as I did the trash bag hider, (and noticed the bag moving slightly in the airflow when A/C was on, then verified it with a mirror) so it became that for me, but yeah it'll hold a big ole 44 ounce cup in there no prob.

I believe the console is supposed to be used as a cooler, if you so desire.  There is a circle at the bottom of the console that is perfect for holding a beverage bottle.

my BMW had that also, never used it as I thought it was silly.

i wish there was a bigger cut-out on the sides of the console for my USB cables etc...

Not sure this is a car or a phone feature. I like listening to Slacker radio via Bluetooth from my Android phone. I found that when I park and then return to start the car Slacker radio picks up where it left off without me touching anything - phone in pocket. Very nice.

I do whish MFT had Applink but you can at least pause and skip on the big display. Beats Syrius.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting idea on the trash bag solution.  I'm going to give it a try.  Currently I'm using the door pockets for dry refuse only but would rather have a solution for moist things too.

I believe the ducts under the seats are for heat only.  The rear passenger cooling vents are routed through the center console.  I have some spare change in the hidden shelf of the console and it gets very cool to the touch so, yes, those tubes could also benefit from insulation.  

I kinda remember reading that somewhere too, but I've tested it with the A/C on, and you can definitely feel cool air coming out.

I never realized my particular car had the hands free lift gate until I was behind the car messing around near the bumper and the gate opened by itself. Hmm, my dealer specifically told me I did NOT have this feature with my options package (302A). So, it was nice to stumble accross it.

I use that feature almost every day!

Matt

Edited by Recumpence

I never realized my particular car had the hands free lift gate until I was behind the car messing around near the bumper and the gate opened by itself. Hmm, my dealer specifically told me I did NOT have this feature with my options package (302A). So, it was nice to stumble accross it.

Matt

Sounds like your dealer needs some re-education. Hands free lift gate plus rear vision camera were the main reasons we opted for 302A, very clearly described on the Ford website.

Matt

you lose your man card for 24 hours

This isn't exactly hidden, but it was nice to get confirmation that this works.

On my second day driving my new C-MAX, I hear a chime, the right side driver screen shows incoming text message and shows the name of the sender (from my synched contacts).  I press the OK button, and Maxie (is that the name of the voice?) reads the email message to me.  Great to find that it works!  :)

Oh, new wish list item: being able to dictate a response, and to send it.

The bracket in the lid of the center console.  I don't have anything to put in it yet, but when I do I'm sure it will be useful!

I'm also waiting for some ideas to put this bracket to use.

I use it for a temporary holding place i.e. my clip-on sunglasses when I enter a dark parking garage, etc.

This isn't exactly hidden, but it was nice to get confirmation that this works.

On my second day driving my new C-MAX, I hear a chime, the right side driver screen shows incoming text message and shows the name of the sender (from my synched contacts).  I press the OK button, and Maxie (is that the name of the voice?) reads the email message to me.  Great to find that it works!  :)

Oh, new wish list item: being able to dictate a response, and to send it.

How did you set that up?  i.e. what settings did you use?

I think that a lot of these little functions depend on the phone.  I have a Galaxy Note 2/Android OS phone.

So far, it paired with no problem, and it seems to be updating Synch my contacts after I synch my phone with my home PC.  It recognized the sender of the text from the synched contact list.

I think I saw a post about someone with an iPhone being able to send a response to texts.  My options are Read, Call, Delete.  I don't see one that says Reply.

Also, as some have mentioned about using USB, while I am using Bluetooth, it seems that I can arrive at a destination, shut down, get out, and it will resume when I get back to the car.  I have to test this again to make sure that this is correct.

On the down side, no album cover graphics come across to MFT.  Checking some posts about this subject, I tried plugging my Note into the USB port instead of streaming via Bluetooth, but I got a message saying that the device wasn't recognized.  Bummer about the lack of album graphics coming across. 

Also, I have not had any luck using voice commands to control the phone app.  Not sure if that is me, the phone, or, more likely, MFT.  At least I am able to skip songs using the steering wheel control.

If they ever add Spotify, which is on the list of apps coming to MFT, that will make a lot of this issue go away, because I can just listen directly, and the graphics will likely be there, too.

I think that a lot of these little functions depend on the phone.  I have a Galaxy Note 2/Android OS phone.

So far, it paired with no problem, and it seems to be updating Synch my contacts after I synch my phone with my home PC.  It recognized the sender of the text from the synched contact list.

I think I saw a post about someone with an iPhone being able to send a response to texts.  My options are Read, Call, Delete.  I don't see one that says Reply.

Also, as some have mentioned about using USB, while I am using Bluetooth, it seems that I can arrive at a destination, shut down, get out, and it will resume when I get back to the car.  I have to test this again to make sure that this is correct.

On the down side, no album cover graphics come across to MFT.  Checking some posts about this subject, I tried plugging my Note into the USB port instead of streaming via Bluetooth, but I got a message saying that the device wasn't recognized.  Bummer about the lack of album graphics coming across. 

Also, I have not had any luck using voice commands to control the phone app.  Not sure if that is me, the phone, or, more likely, MFT.  At least I am able to skip songs using the steering wheel control.

If they ever add Spotify, which is on the list of apps coming to MFT, that will make a lot of this issue go away, because I can just listen directly, and the graphics will likely be there, too.

Are you thinking of AppLink?  AppLink is not available for MFT, only for standard SYNC.

BTW yes, my HTC EVO 4G would not support text messages, but my new HTC One does.  You have to make sure it's enabled in bluetooth settings on the phone as well though.

Are you thinking of AppLink?

I thought that I saw a My Apps link on the Ford site, or was it on MFT?  (So much learning that it is getting all turned around in my head.)  Does that ring a bell?

I thought that it would be a MFT addition to Entertainment, where we could directly access it as we do Sirius.  Does this sound familiar at all, or was I losing touch with reality yet again?  :confused:

Sounds like your dealer needs some re-education. Hands free lift gate plus rear vision camera were the main reasons we opted for 302A, very clearly described on the Ford website.

From my perspective, I opted for the 302 *in spite of* the power liftgate - I just wanted the backup camera (which is soooo helpful with the odd perspective out the rear window - I feel like I'm in someone's grill when I'm 6 feet away). If/when the power struts go, I'll replace 'em with manual struts. 

Edited by Noah Harbinger

Heated or cooled air comes out of a tube about 8" wide underneath each front seat for the back seat passengers. A small amount comes out if the climate control is set for dashboard outlets, but much more comes out if the foot outlet setting is selected.

This outlet is going to be perfect for routing, with a small hose, cool air to our parrot's cage in the back seat when we go on trips. Also, during extended stops, the remote start feature will allow us to keep the beast cooled while we're in feeding ourselves at In-N-Out Burger, or its regional equivilent.

Putting a 90 degree fitting on these would also help cool/heat ones seat bottoms if the back passengers are less important it would seem!

Here's a prototype. I used a small drainage hose I had, and duct taped the rest of the vent closed. A lot of air can come out of that vent and I'll be looking for a larger hose, but it worked!

post-629-0-41116000-1370130074_thumb.jpg

Edited by ArizonaEnergi