What cool hidden feature have you discovered about your C-Max?

armoredsaint

We found a cool feature today, it's starting to warm up in N. Texas.

Knew the left and right lower air vents were adjustable.

Didn't even know there was a lower adjustable center vent.

It was turned off, NOW it's on.

post-554-0-35662000-1370139641_thumb.jpg

I found groves on either side of the center console that allows a "sliding floor" to be inserted, effectively creating an upper level and allowing items underneath to be somewhat hidden.

I cut a piece of plastic, of the type commonly used for shower walls, at 5 3/4" x 3". I orginally thought it would have to be bendable, but found that it went right into the groves by inserted it from the front. In this size you can also slide it forward to access whatever is underneath. I may refine it by cutting a notch for the 12v outlet. I also have painted one side flat black to make it somewhat invisible to casual glances.

On the old Element forum there was a huge topic on "where do you hide your cookies". Well, this is where I will be hiding my Ruger LCP on long trips.

post-629-0-78526100-1370289378_thumb.jpgpost-629-0-34709400-1370289408_thumb.jpgpost-629-0-27476400-1370289416_thumb.jpgpost-629-0-28295900-1370289714_thumb.jpg

Edited by ArizonaEnergi

I found groves on either side of the center console that allows a "sliding floor" to be inserted, effectively raising the floor and allowing items underneath to be somewhat hidden.

I cut a piece of plastic, of the type commonly used for shower walls, at 5 3/4" x 3". I orginally thought it would have to be bendable, but found that it went right into the groves by inserted it from the front. In this size you can also slide it forward to access whatever is underneath. I may refine it by cutting a notch for the 12v outlet. I also have painted one side flat black.

On the old Element forum there was a huge topic on "where do you hide your cookies". Well, this is where I will be hiding my Ruger LCP on long trips.

attachicon.gifConsole Floor 2.JPGattachicon.gifConsole Floor 4.JPGattachicon.gifConsole Floor Forward.JPGattachicon.gifConsole Floor 3.JPG

That's awesome. That adds some versatility for sure. BTW, I have a Ruger SR9C, nice guns :) Edited by zhackwyatt

• 2 weeks later...

In the center of the roof there is a console that controls the screen on my moon roof and the ambient lighting of the dash.  There is also a slim panel.  If you push on the panel, a sunglass case descends.  Put your sunglasses in the case and push it closed.  Perfect.  You will always know where your sunglasses are in the C Max.

it's amazing what stuff you guys DIDNT have in your previous cars that most of us take for granted in our previous or current cars now ;) just sayin...yeah i like the sunglass holder in my Passat. haven't been using it much lately as i need oversized ones as of late and the big ones don't fit. you can usually only fit the wire frame ones in there.

Edited by salsaguy

I've never quite understood a sunglasses holder in the car, I'm always wearing my sunglasses when I'm not in the car, so they will never stay behind. On the other hand, that little compartment is fine for a eyeglass cleaning cloth and an alternate set of lenses for my sunglasses.

I've never quite understood a sunglasses holder in the car, I'm always wearing my sunglasses when I'm not in the car, so they will never stay behind. On the other hand, that little compartment is fine for a eyeglass cleaning cloth and an alternate set of lenses for my sunglasses.

I've always kept a spare pair just so I don't have to drive without 'em. 

Wife likes the umbrella trays.   I like the weather map.  I call that one a hidden feature because I had no idea it was there until I read about it on this forum.  Afterwards, I went to the owners manual and couldn't find it in there.  Works like a champ, though.

Haven't used this one, and it's already been mentioned...the storage areas underneath the rear floor mats are cool hidden features.

BWP, where is the weather map feature? Is it on my SEL somewhere in MFT?

I use the "sunglass holder" for my garage door opener.  Easy to reach and it never gets lost.

Found a new feature just today.  (I've had my C-MAX since November.)  It was raining so I had my wipers on intermittent.  As I backed out of a parking space the REAR wiper operated in intermittent mode (and I hadn't turned the rear wiper on).  It wiped occasionally until I shifted into drive.  When I got home I tried it again to make sure it was't a fluke.  It's real!