50+mpg trips

C-MAXER

Maybe if we all moved to Cali, we'd stand a chance of coming close to your numbers. But given the cold for 3-6 months a year for some, hills for some, it'll be doubtful, I think. Plus it takes a certain mentality (no, not NUTZ) to have the focus and determination to pull that off. Not everyone has that. But then again, who the heck knows? These are uncharted waters we're traveling in. I just think it's cool!

I get your point but no a minimum isn't needed.  In fact, short trips are one of the primary reasons for poor mileage so showing ourselves and others that the CMax/hybrids can do well under these circumstances is beneficial.

That's good news to me.  I had a few 4 mile trips this weekend that I could have posted but thought I was posting to many short trips.  

Oh how the whims of a forum changes.... ;)

We did have a thread here where you posted your 25+ miles MPG because the posters back then were complaining that these super high MPGs were not fair because they were too short!!!

Heres the thread: http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/862-who-says-it-cant-be-done-post-highs-here-over-25-miles-traveled/

So if we're still on the short trips are tough....this was yesterday, when I was going to the golf course (El Cariso to Hansen Dam). Trip 2 was tracking my days run (yeah, I know, I took a break from the MPG-free vacation)...

9174157747_a0fd4416b4_z.jpg

and then I headed from Hansen Dam to Roger Dunn at North Hollywood:

9174158711_4e2f3eb98c_z.jpg

Nutz :sing_rain:

Wow Jus!  That's amazing especially since you're not even trying for an 800 tank.  I'm going back to reading more of your posts.   :doh:

C-Maxgo - follow the PM, thats more important than anything else ;) If theres any Qs, as I posted before, feel free to ask, cost nuthin.

Thanks Jus! Do you know your routes so well that you get close to the same mpg every time? Right now I'm starting to make notes on my mpg each route I take to figure out the most economical. What does PM mean?

Thanks Jus! Do you know your routes so well that you get close to the same mpg every time? Right now I'm starting to make notes on my mpg each route I take to figure out the most economical. What does PM mean?

It's a Private Message. Up in the upper right of this page , beside your name and SIGN OUT is a small envelope. It should have a red 1. Click that, you should have  a message from Jus.

Mr. McKinley, I noticed you are using 10% alcohol gas. Have you tried using regular gas  BTUs are not there to burn at a faster speed, or maybe try premium gas like Jus does and see if you see any difference.  Make sure tank is nearly empty to have an accurate reading.

Had one 2.5 mile trip at 87 mpg. Averaging 50.2 now that the weather has warmed up in Michigan. 

Jus it seems like the battery gets more storage somehow the more miles you put on the car. Over 16.000 miles for you.  WOW!!!   Have 2750 on mine.

Not at all, I was back to driving the freeways and like before I noticed the battery was the same as before I switched to all surface street.

I think the misunderstanding here is the battery SOC and speed. The lower the speed, the more ooompf the battery has. 35 mph on 1/2 SOC is a good MPG builder, while the same SOC at 60mph means it will last your a minute or 2. Sometimes I wish Ford had given us more capacity like the Energis for these higher speeds.

why you choosing favs now Jus, we all deserve to know the secrets, so we all should get PMs from you, or just post them here for all to see.

you want to be king of mpg, we know, snuff out the competition. :)

It's a Private Message. Up in the upper right of this page , beside your name and SIGN OUT is a small envelope. It should have a red 1. Click that, you should have  a message from Jus.

Edited by salsaguy

That is sweet CMaxgo, way to go girl :rockon:

This is my personal best from this morning's home->work run (same route usually 72-75 MPGs) but this one was sensational (if I say so myself):

9154358685_d0d711c9bf_z.jpg

^That was my previous best when I had nearly empty weight in fuel and nothing in the car except a spare gas.

So this happened this morning...

I dunno what to say about this one, I went to work in the morning, exact same route as my 800+ runs. Now my Maxine has 4/5 tank, I have 2 mountain bikes jus cause I was taking it to the bike shop for some maintenance (I am rather unskilled when it comes to mechanics unlike Super Matt :) ) and a dead chunky UPS in the back as well...and this is what the MPG God thrown me this morning...

9188091503_b667a4f89b_z.jpg

I just went as I normally went...GO FIGURE. And I was not even trying, just cruising to work.

This should not be happening as I was carry far more weight than my previous best. What is this saying? Weight doesn't matter? Temps was the same, traffic same, nothing special I can recall in the traffic light sequencing...

Yet, its my Personal Best. I wished I had my Trip2 on so that I can see the final fuel used like with the 2 decimals as I normally do...far out, is Maxine jus getting better & better?

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Wow Jus we'll have to create a new category for the Guinness Book of World Records and you will be the best hypermiler.  You are awesome!  

Below are my mpgs for my shopping trips and oil change.  I think I may have gotten the feathering down a bit better.  I found that I wasn't going fast enough during ICE to charge the battery.  

null_zps98073965.jpg?t=1372788220null_zps41bc36cc.jpg?t=1372788197

null_zps6ecc53a2.jpg?t=1372800287

Edited by C-Maxgo

Sorry, no photo, but I swear its true...

I have to brag on my wife... She had a one mile trip to a patients house up on a hill. 17mpg going up the hill. Shut off the car and visited her patient. 

146.8 mpg when she parked at the clinic at the bottom of the hill.

My best was 94.1

BTW, our lifetime average is 43.1

Edited by otbiker

Wow Jus we'll have to create a new category for the Guinness Book of World Records and you will be the best hypermiler.  You are awesome!  

Below are my mpgs for my shopping trips and oil change.  I think I may have gotten the feathering down a bit better.  I found that I wasn't going fast enough during ICE to charge the battery.  

Stick to the 2 bar acceleration when in ICE, in that red box in my review. Feather for ICE. Jus keep it simple like that and don't try anything else until it all gels. After that, the world is your oyster for the picking... ;)  Remember to EV up from zero to about 10mph and then kick in ICE....the 2 best hypermiles do this...so I think we know what we are doing :rockon:

Those are really good considering a cold ICE and short length.  GOOD JOB!

Thanks!

11 - keep those numbers up and its the 700 club there. Nice job guy :)

Hope you're using Trip2 to track your entire day - that will give you a better indication of the day and if you score above 50 for the day, that is HUGE!

No, wasn't using Trip 2 for anything at all.  I will start tomorrow with that and see how it goes.

MTE was estimating 700+ miles at time of fill up.  I am hopeful I can make 700 this tank, but, I have another long run to Cecil County and back tonight.  Will be adding plenty of miles in the process.  If it goes well, I will be posting again in the over 25 miles thread again ;)

Stick to the 2 bar acceleration when in ICE, in that red box in my review. Feather for ICE. Jus keep it simple like that and don't try anything else until it all gels. After that, the world is your oyster for the picking... ;)  Remember to EV up from zero to about 10mph and then kick in ICE....the 2 best hypermiles do this...so I think we know what we are doing :rockon:

Thank you Jus. Now I'm thinking what else is there to try.......Okay I'll be patient and master what I've learned so far.

Low miler here, but MPG continues to creep up. I hoped for 40, thought when my 'Lifetime' crept up from 43 to 44 that it would be a short visit. Now it has crept up to 46 (44 at pump). Getting easier to get 48 to 52 these days. (Began lifetime at approx. 180 m on the odometer, delivery was 115 m) As I have mentioned before, elevation is a huge factor in short trip readings(all that great science stuff kinetic/potential energy....); therefore I only post loops, because they neutralize elevation differences. Love the 50+ loops!

DSC 3564

DSC 3566

Edited by C-MaxSeattle

Not quite up to Jus's lofty standards, but I set a new personal record for my commute to work this morning.  I made a slight change to my route and after averaging 65-70 mpg the past month or so, my past 3 days have been 71.6, 70.2, and 72.4.  My ride home is still in the 45-50 range even with the adjusted route, so not much I can do about that.  

IMG 20130703 083350

I've been doing better overall as well, I went from 48.9 mpg for the first tank to 51.3 for the second, and so far 53.4 mpg for the third.  (just under 200 miles)  That's still shy of a 700 mile tank and my miles to empty backs that up, if I keep this up I should end around 680 miles for this tank.

IMG 20130703 083342

Edit:  Lifetime is also up to 48 mpg after I picked up the car at 19 mpg with 40 miles on it.  I have not reset the lifetime average.
Edited by SnitGTS