Name one like and dislike with your C-Max?

armoredsaint

Like: How this amazing machine INVITES me to participate in it's mission to transport me as fuel efficiently as possible. So engaging. I love the challenge.

Dislike: For how modern it is, I'm bummed it has old school bulbs for external and internal lighting. This car should be THE LED rolling display of modern lighting. It's truly modern in every other way.

(Yes, my first post. But I have lurked and learned so much from you guys and gals. Thank you for your infectious passion that added so much to driving this car)

Here's a link to "Puddle Light upgraded to LED" where we've been changing some external and internal lamps to LED's.

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/1898-puddle-light-upgraded-to-led/

• 1 month later...

Way too many likes to pick one (which is why I've ignored this thread until now) but I have to say the combination of quiet ride and great sound (even on our standard MFT system) makes even a long, slow drive a real joy (I was listening to my "Jazz Girls Vocals" during my trip to and from the doctor yesterday and I honestly tried to drive as slow as I could just to make the trip last -- not too many other times I get to just enjoy music all by myself).

I could be a wise guy and say the thing I dislike the most is my wife wanting to drive it (so I can't) but in truth my biggest gripe is the lack of a decent armrest.  I'm *still* not nearly as comfortable on my right arm (which I like to lay on the armrest and still hold onto the wheel) as I am in our Durango.  A sliding armrest like on some cars would have fixed this, but even a folding one would have been nice.  Although I have a pillow I use to alleviate things, I'm not happy with it and need to still engineer the perfect solution before we go on a long trip.

Forgot one other item that surprised me and feels like a backward step. The Sync screen is pressure sensitive rather than touch (haptic?) sensitive. Might be so that glove wearers can use it but seems quite 2003. Every Touch sensitive device I have owned since 2004 is touch which makes it much more precise and much more sensitive.

I have to say I was incredibly grateful for a touch screen I could use while wearing gloves this winter when it was -40!

I could be a wise guy and say the thing I dislike the most is my wife wanting to drive it (so I can't) but in truth my biggest gripe is the lack of a decent armrest. I'm *still* not nearly as comfortable on my right arm (which I like to lay on the armrest and still hold onto the wheel) as I am in our Durango. A sliding armrest like on some cars would have fixed this, but even a folding one would have been nice. Although I have a pillow I use to alleviate things, I'm not happy with it and need to still engineer the perfect solution before we go on a long trip.

I agree with the armrest thing! However, I drove a 2014 Ford Explorer last week as a loaner while my C-Max was hospitalized and it had the longer arm rest at the sacrifice of well-placed cup holders. The cup holder on the new Explorer are on the right side of the gear shift further forward so you have to reach over the shifter to get your drink. Seems like a spilled drink waiting to happen when you catch your cup on the shifter. I will say, though... Man, the new Explorer has a zillion cup holders! They are everywhere! Tons of storage nooks and crannies! (Terrible mpg.)

If you look at the sliding arm rests (can't recall which cars/makers have them but there are references here on this forum) you'll see that they don't sacrifice drink holders -- you can just slide the arm rest forward over them when you want.  It really would be a perfect solution and one I wish all cars had.