Ford to Offer Free Updates to Boost Hybrid Vehicle Efficiency

very similar to what my Passat shows when i have cruise control on.it shows the gage with indicator logo and the mph setting near it.very helpful so you can bump it up/down easily to know where you are and set it at the posted speed limit if you want.

WAIT A SECOND, are you telling me the Fusion's cruise control displays the set speed? 

The image from the first post: 

almost a deal breaker for some. verry useful feature.hard to believe they couldn't copy this software for the SEL trim cmaxes. this and the large turning radius are 2 things we are NOT looking forward to. i use cruise a lot. my wife not really so much but once she gets the cmax, I'm sure that will change.

btw.... some good news ....her c-max is looking closer now....great 3rd job interview the other day. only 1 more phone interview and she will get the job offer. but she will have a lot more freeway driving to do at this place so... not liking that fact if we do go with the cmax /a hybrid.

It does! I didn't realize that the C-Max doesn't until my parents noticed on their Energi. I had told them about this feature and they thought the C-Max had it too

Edited by salsaguy

almost a deal breaker for some. verry useful feature.hard to believe they couldn't copy this software for the SEL trim cmaxes. this and the large turning radius are 2 things we are NOT looking forward to. i use cruise a lot. my wife not really so much but once she gets the cmax, I'm sure that will change.

btw.... some good news ....her c-max is looking closer now....great 3rd job interview the other day. only 1 more phone interview and she will get the job offer. but she will have a lot more freeway driving to do at this place so... not liking that fact if we do go with the cmax /a hybrid.

No CMax for you...TDI....u know thats better for freeway...ooh...ouch..... ;)

:stirpot:

not at how much more they want for the tdi and since my commute to work is only 14 miles from my house to Anaheim it doesn't make sense esp with diesel being 25-35 cents more. I'd have to drive for 100 years to get repayment on the cost diff.

nice try stirring the pot though :) need and evil grin emoticon here  ( muhahahahaha)

No CMax for you...TDI....u know thats better for freeway...ooh...ouch..... ;)

:stirpot:

Edited by salsaguy

This is why I'm apprehensive about the upgrade. None of those 3 scenarios are favorable. Perhaps Ford is letting it exceed the limit with the update but the computer will limit how long we can drive at 62+ MPH in EV mode to protect the MG1, at least I sure hope so!!

Well, the battery's capacity naturally provides a limit for how long it can run with the engine off - whereas the Energi would be able to run much further. 

and the large turning radius are 2 things we are NOT looking forward to. 

The turning radius does annoy me a fair bit, mainly when parking. I should go  back to that "favorite/least favorite" thread and substitute that in. (Although the door handle creaking does bother me more often, it's less significant…) 

I'm used to it as my 2012 Passat is a lot bigger/longer than my 2004.5 model was so i still can't get used to backing up. 3 pointers are a hassle but sometimes a necessity. so glad i was able to get the backup cam installed after the fact. love it. can't do without it now. my wife is super good at turning and backing up so she might not have issues. Will need to test it out more if we can ever find one to  rent  for a few days!!!!! stupid rental agencies.

Is there any other way to verfiy a successful upgrade than the ability to run in EV at speeds about 62-63?  My dealer has tried to do the upgrade twice and swears they have successfully done the upgrade and tested it and everything is fine.  I haven't been able to cruise on EV until I am at the magic number of 62-63 even when coasting with no ac, headlights, etc. I am headed back to the dealer this week when another part comes in and we are going to get this resolved but I was curious if there were an other changes that could easily be verified.  I have now printed out a ton of information from this forum with people showng they could use EV in the 70s to show them what other people have experienced and hopefully convince them something isn't working right.

Edited by mycmax

This is why I'm apprehensive about the upgrade. None of those 3 scenarios are favorable. Perhaps Ford is letting it exceed the limit with the update but the computer will limit how long we can drive at 62+ MPH in EV mode to protect the MG1, at least I sure hope so!!

On the C-Max Energi window sticker, it states you can use EV for a maximum distance of 21-22 miles.

We'll see what happens tomorrow after Neytiri comes out of the shop.

Took my car in for oil change yesterday and they told me about update. But the gas gauge was yellow and they said the car would need to be running for about 2 hours to apply it. So I brought it back in today. THEN they told me if I wanted to leave it with them til tomorrow they could get the headliner taken care of as well. So now im driving a brand new Nissan Maxima. But its huge and too noisy for my liking. Lol

The car doesn't remember the previous EV locations and the regen miles were reset but it will not switch to EV until 62 when I let it coast downhill on the highway with no major systems drawing power.

Just got back from the dealer and I don't think it's working correctly. Regen is now reset but EV doesn't work above 60.

Make sure you have a large battery buffer before checking EV mode at high speeds.  Then at 70mph on a level road with no or very light headwinds, let off the throttle and gently reapply (feather) to maintain 65mph.  It should drop into EV mode. 

First 30 miles looks like this is what the Dr. ordered for this cmax's problem getting the first 47mpg.

Before the upgrade it was a struggle to get EV at anything greater that 55mph.

After the upgrade same road same speed EV 1/2 a dozen times :happy feet: .

Sunday will be the other 47 mpg test, 675 miles most at or above 75mph :secret: .

I just spent this past workweek (Fri-Tue for me) gathering pre-update data for comparison. My C-Max goes in for the update tomorrow morning.

My commute consists of about 8 miles at the beginning and 6 miles at the end with speed limits of 45 and 55 MPH, and a 32 mile stretch in the middle with a speed limit of 65 MPH.

What I've done is follow the speed limits with ECO-Cruise set and recorded the following Pre-Update information:

Average Daily Round-Trip Miles: 94.1
Average Daily EV Miles: 17.9
Average Daily Regen Miles: 1.8
Average Daily Gallons Used: 2.24
Average Daily MPG: 42.0

This testing dropped my latest fill-up from the previous 42.8MPG to 38.3MPG today, a difference of about 4.5MPG...Ugh!

I'll repost after I've compiled the post-update data during my next workweek.

First 30 miles looks like this is what the Dr. ordered for this cmax's problem getting the first 47mpg.

Before the upgrade it was a struggle to get EV at anything greater that 55mph.

After the upgrade same road same speed EV 1/2 a dozen times :happy feet: .

Sunday will be the other 47 mpg test, 675 miles most at or above 75mph :secret: .

Sorry but there is no way you'll get 47MPG at a long sustained 75MPH.

This is what I'm interested in as I will heading East (2080 miles one way) on I40, I44, and I70 in late August. My average (moving time) speed is 68+ mph which means I have to set the cruise at about 3 - 4 mph over the speed limits.

It appears I'm seeing nearly a 2 mpg improvement after the update in about 300 miles of our normal around the town driving.