Recall 13B07: The Guinea Pig Thread

11StiLimited

After a few days of seeing improvement in power it's been going backwards. More power than just after the update but a lot less than before the update.

Does anyone know who I can conact to report my problem. My dealership can't find anything wrong, so no used to go back. (maybe a different dealership????)

Talked with Service writer as to why 13B07 was not done yesterday, Ford issued an alert to dealers to wait for IDS Software upgrade.  Service writer said it could be in the next month?  ? ?

They are less knowledgeable than any body...tried to tell me the 13B10 was another economy improvement- I countered with it being a mileage rating change rebate, which he then acknowledged?

WTF?

I guess I will go in sometime soon to try again to get the update.....

Ford should realize engaged owners have access to info and the dealers are way behind in communications.  I just got a letter about the MFT 3.6.2 yesterday, weeks after it was posted.

I'm sorry others are having issues with their updates.  Usually I'm the one that has issues (knocking on wood here).  I have been very fortunate - no reduction in power, no A/C issues (I would be the LOUDEST complainer if that were the case!), clear gain in FE.  I got my best mileage ever on my way into work this morning - 48.4.  It's 29.2 miles each way, lots of hills and about 3/4 of my daily commute is on the freeway.

Shelly just wait.  Your mileage should improve even more in the upcoming months as temps cool and you use the a/c less.  I got mine at the tail end of spring and my best tanks were back even though the ICE wasn't even close to broken in and before the FE update.   My educated guess is you'll be looking at 50mpg trips. 

I'm sorry others are having issues with their updates.  Usually I'm the one that has issues (knocking on wood here).  I have been very fortunate - no reduction in power, no A/C issues (I would be the LOUDEST complainer if that were the case!), clear gain in FE.  I got my best mileage ever on my way into work this morning - 48.4.  It's 29.2 miles each way, lots of hills and about 3/4 of my daily commute is on the freeway.

So far, I haven't really noticed much FE change, or any other changes really.  Gotta wait for a few more fill ups before seeing if I have used less gas.

Are you using your seat-of-the-pants-power-meter?  I recommend that you do a few controlled tests so you have some actual data to point to.

I'm using the rpm meter in my view, my ears, and the vibration in the seat of my pants.

55 mph  2500 rpms

65 mph  2800 - 3000 rpms

70 mph 3000- 3500 rpms

These are while cruising at these speeds

5000- 6000 rpms excellerating onto the freeway, red lining the gauge. Takes 1 mile to excellerate to 70mph trying not to blow the engine up.

The ICE sounds like driving in a NASCAR race on the freeway at 70mph. Vibration in the stearing wheel, gas pedal, and in the seat of my pants. Instant mpg gauge reading 25mpg. NO EV mode unless you take your foot off of the gas pedal. aaa peace and quiet. Then back to NASCAR with roaring ICE.

Ford dealer says this is normal after the update. This is not a sports car. I have a hybrid. It doesn't have much power to excellerate. I think they are full of it. Everyone here that drives these cars knows that

Just got a letter to have the My Ford Touch updated. YEA!!!! RIGHT!!!! Like I'm going to let them mess with it again. I'll be pushing home after that. But that would be normal to I suppose.

Anyone have any sugestions ?  HELP!!!!!

I'll see what I can do.

D yes Not in 2nd gear or anything

Taking a video of acceleration is a good idea have it show the speedometer that way you can also time acceleration.  The way you're describing it sounds like something wasn't correct with the update.  However taking a mile to accelerate to 70MPH doesn't sound like much of a rollout distance to accelerate.  I haven't noticed any change in acceleration since the update.  

HighICE.jpg

Although I use the empower screen I usually use the 4th bar to accelerate and merge onto the expressway and haven't had any issues but I do try to time entry into the expressway and look for a space to merge into.  I just used the image above to reference the 4th bar.

Edited by RaPieR

I'm using the rpm meter in my view, my ears, and the vibration in the seat of my pants.

55 mph  2500 rpms

65 mph  2800 - 3000 rpms

70 mph 3000- 3500 rpms

5000- 6000 rpms excellerating onto the freeway, red lining the gauge. Takes 1 mile to excellerate to 70mph trying not to blow the engine up.

The ICE sounds like driving in a NASCAR race on the freeway at 70mph. Vibration in the stearing wheel, gas pedal, and in the seat of my pants. Instant mpg gauge reading 25mpg. NO EV mode unless you take your foot off of the gas pedal. aaa peace and quiet. Then back to NASCAR with roaring ICE.

Ford dealer says this is normal after the update. This is not a sports car. I have a hybrid. It doesn't have much power to excellerate. I think they are full of it. Everyone here that drives these cars knows that

Just got a letter to have the My Ford Touch updated. YEA!!!! RIGHT!!!! Like I'm going to let them mess with it again. I'll be pushing home after that. But that would be normal to I suppose.

This is starting to sound like the upgrade is not the problem.

Sounds like you have a defective sensor, vacuum hose, etc.

or

It sounds like the CVT transmission is not doing its Constant Velocity thing.

Take the car back to the dealer BUT MAKE sure your are having trouble before you drive in.

DO NOT TURN THE CAR OFF!!!

Get your service advisory to go for a test drive, demonstrate the acceleration, etc. problems.

luck

wab

I'm confused. :headscratch:

Yesterday the drive in and back home I have the high rpm's problem. 42.3 mpg in and 39.3mpg home. This morning the car is running normal again. 50.1mpg into work.

I'm with you WAB. This has to be a sensor or something. Only wish it would through a trouble code. Strange that it started right after the update.

I haven't had any of the troubles you guys are having.  Mine is still just a peppy and isn't really any louder with the windows down than it was before.  Used the AC for the first time last week and it was working just fine.

Sorry to hear about your experiences :(

+1 for me too!  I love the updates!  It took Galpin Ford the whole day to do all three but, everything works fine.  Take your car back and have them reinstall the updates again if you notice any problems post install.  You might want to consider taking it to a large Ford dealership rather than your local "Podunk" dealership near your home.  The small one's might have just sold their first C Max last week and are clueless with it's mechanics and electronics.   A large dealership like Galpin Ford here in SoCal sells hundreds of C Maxs and has the experience and know-how to do the upgrades correctly.      

Edited by Generalbeluga

+1 for me too!  I love the updates!  It took Galpin Ford the whole day to do all three but, everything works fine.  Take your car back and have them reinstall the updates again if you notice any problems post install.  You might want to consider taking it to a large Ford dealership rather than your local "Podunk" dealership near your home.  The small one's might have just sold their first C Max last week and are clueless with it's mechanics and electronics.   A large dealership like Galpin Ford here in SoCal sells hundreds of C Maxs and has the experience and know-how to do the upgrades correctly.      

My dealer says they have 2 Hybid certified mechanics. I did take it back but they couldn't find anything wrong. It was running better when I left though. Lasted a few days then back to the SOS.39-42mpg This morning it's back to running normal.50.1mpg. Go figure. I'm thinking a sensor may be dying. That would explain it. Going to go on a trip to eastern Ohio this weekend. Lots of hills to climb. I'll post how I do.

Wish me luck

I'm on my first full non-vacation tank of gas since getting the update and this week driving to and from work I have gotten 54, 48, 56, and 54 mpg for the round trip!  (the day with 48 mpg I had the AC on)  I have a shot at 700 miles for the tank, I've driven 225 miles at 53.1 mpg and it says almost 500 miles till empty, my previous best was 647 miles at 51.4 mpg.  It took me a while to get used to the changes but I really feel like they've made a difference!

Same thing just happened to me on Saturday.  I was a little suspicious, but they told me the exact same thing as you. 

My SA said that they had done a bunch of the updates without problem, but that they just got a new version of software (for the dealer, not for the C-MAX), and that they spent over four hours the day before trying to do an update that would not take.  They spent a lot of time with Ford via telephone, and Ford said that they had found a corrupt file or some problem with this version, and that they would be updating the software to fix the issue.  Ford further instructed not to do any updates until resolved.

EDIT: Just to make it clear, the problem software is not related to the C-MAX fuel economy update 13B07.  The issue has to do with the updated IDS software.

Also, the SA made it sound like this is not uncommon, and also said that they usually get the fix quickly, even the next day.  I am going to call tomorrow.  I now have my 13B07 scheduled for next Tuesday, the day after Labor Day.

I got a call from my SA.  The IDS software issue is fixed.  My 13B07 update is still on for Tuesday.

55 mph  2500 rpms

65 mph  2800 - 3000 rpms

70 mph 3000- 3500 rpms

Sounds to me like the generator motor in the CVT isn't working. The speed of the traction motor is proportional to to drive speed, so if the ICE isn't running at a reasonable RPM, it would mean either the generator motor or the control software is messed up. 

Sounds to me like the generator motor in the CVT isn't working. The speed of the traction motor is proportional to to drive speed, so if the ICE isn't running at a reasonable RPM, it would mean either the generator motor or the control software is messed up. 

OK, you guys are talking way above my head. What would be normal RPMs? Because sometimes I feel like my car is straining when climbing hills....and I never looked at the RPMs before the update to know what is *normal*. (Remember, this is a grandma who knew how to fill up the car, put it in drive, and go, and that's about it, before the CMAX.)

OK, you guys are talking way above my head. What would be normal RPMs? Because sometimes I feel like my car is straining when climbing hills....and I never looked at the RPMs before the update to know what is *normal*. (Remember, this is a grandma who knew how to fill up the car, put it in drive, and go, and that's about it, before the CMAX.)

Thanks, Adair.  Same here!  :salute:

Edited by LizM

My dealer says they have 2 Hybid certified mechanics. I did take it back but they couldn't find anything wrong. It was running better when I left though. Lasted a few days then back to the SOS.39-42mpg This morning it's back to running normal.50.1mpg. Go figure. I'm thinking a sensor may be dying. That would explain it. Going to go on a trip to eastern Ohio this weekend. Lots of hills to climb. I'll post how I do.

Wish me luck

Be careful on those hills and remember that redline :arrive_alive:

OK, you guys are talking way above my head. What would be normal RPMs? Because sometimes I feel like my car is straining when climbing hills....and I never looked at the RPMs before the update to know what is *normal*.

I don't know either as I also rarely look at the tach (plus I don't have hills HAH!).  But I bet you, like me, keep it on one of the other gauges such as Engage and know where the ICE power bar is normally.  If so, select the tach in My View and then toggle back/forth between the two gauges to compare.  IIRC, two bars on Engage is about 2,000 rpm.