Recall 13B07: The Guinea Pig Thread

11StiLimited

Are all of you just calling your dealer and setting up an appointment? I called mine last week and the person I spoke to at the service department had no idea what I was talking about. I am going to call again this week. I am reading about others on this forum who are having problems with their dealers just trying to explain the upgrade, and a few dealers apparently are up to the task. Don't you think it is kind of scary to have a dealer upgrade your vehicle when you know more about the upgrade then they do!! ;)

I am headed back to my dealer for the 3rd time in the morning to attempt this upgrade and the MFT upgrade that have failed twice.  Meeting with the service manager, shop foreman and service advisor to try to convince them why I don't think either update has been successfully installed.   Taking lots on info from these forums of what others have seen after successful updates.  The third time has to be the charm right?

So, I got the FE update today. I think. EV+ locations went (and I can't seem to get them back despite using the 11x on/off trick), but regen miles remained. Even told the SA about v.85.05 IDS. Cruising at 67 with a near full battery, EV never kicked in. A common trip usually gets me 49. Tonight I got 48. No wind or rain or traffic.. As others have asked, any way to visually see if this update took?

. Cruising at 67 with a near full battery, EV never kicked in. 

KC to clarify, EV won't normally kick in by itself at high speeds but needs help like through throttle manipulation or going downhill, etc.   Here's how I suggest folks to check at high speeds: http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/2536-ford-to-offer-free-updates-to-boost-hybrid-vehicle-efficiency/?p=28477     I did this to verify and got EV to kick in at 70mph.   I also lost my regen miles tally and EV+ locations.

Good luck!

KC to clarify, EV won't normally kick in by itself at high speeds but needs help like through throttle manipulation or going downhill, etc.   Here's how I suggest folks to check at high speeds: http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/2536-ford-to-offer-free-updates-to-boost-hybrid-vehicle-efficiency/?p=28477     I did this to verify and got EV to kick in at 70mph.   I also lost my regen miles tally and EV+ locations.

Good luck!

I don't have the update so this is more of a question... Can you tell if the update was applied correctly by looking at the hybrid display on the MFT screen (assuming you have MFT) at say 70 mph. If it shows, Engine on due to Acceleration but does NOT say due to High Speed. This to me, would indicate you have the update, but your conditions don't warrant EV (i.e. battery not charged enough, etc.) Currently, w/o the update, it will show High Speed indicating no matter what you do, EV mode will not come on going that fast.

Quite frankly if the PCM update "took", one can easily see more EV assist as one cruises above 65 mph up slight grades and full EV use at 70 mph going slightly down hill and backing off the throttle slightly or by nudging cruise control down.  It was readily apparent to me after a couple miles of cruising at 70 mph that the PCM algorithm had changed.  I never look at the hybrid display so don't know whether one can see any indication of whether the upgrade took.

Had my C-Max updated today. My Regen miles were reset and it ran in EV at 65 and 70 MPH during a quick trip on the interstate.

I noticed after the update that, while going 65 MPH in EV on level interstate, the blue box around the kW gauge (showing where it will switch from EV to ICE) was nearly up to the second line while the gauge was only at about the first line. It looks like it'll be able to better maintain EV mode when, for instance, going uphill.

I got the update today, wow!  I feel like over the past 3 months I have gotten very in tune with my car and I know just what it will do and when, and today the car felt completely different!  It's like I am driving a different car, I would even go as far as saying the engine sounds different to me.  I felt like it was more aggressive about charging the battery and using it during acceleration & cruising at higher speeds, I also felt like the battery held a higher average state of charge.  Nothing scientific about that, just my observation, but I can tell that there is a difference.  Went on two drives, a 20 mile ride to my parents house from the dealer and a 15 mile drive home, drives that I am familiar with and know what to expect for mileage and both times my mileage was better than what I had experienced before.    

My record mileage to work is 72.4 mpg, I can't wait to see if I can break that tomorrow morning!  (assuming it is not raining, which is a possibility)

edit:  They weren't that bad to my car at the dealer, but my miles to empty put my full tank at just under 700 before I dropped her off and now I'm looking at 660, so it is unlikely I will hit 700 miles on this tank of gas but next tank is a real possibility.

Edited by SnitGTS

Today I managed to get EV a couple of times at 70(ish), on eco cruise, with a relatively full battery. Didn't last long, but it's there. EV seems better and AC drawing 0.5kwh at 75° with 93° outside. I still can't get EV+ back (did the 11x thing again before leaving this morning), but I'm not sure EV+ helps much anyway to be honest. Am hoping that's it and no more trips to the dealership - and their F-250 and Mustang rentals - for a while...

Today I managed to get EV a couple of times at 70(ish), on eco cruise, with a relatively full battery. Didn't last long, but it's there. EV seems better and AC drawing 0.5kwh at 75° with 93° outside. I still can't get EV+ back (did the 11x thing again before leaving this morning), but I'm not sure EV+ helps much anyway to be honest. Am hoping that's it and no more trips to the dealership - and their F-250 and Mustang rentals - for a while...

Are you sure EV+ is enabled?  It's disabled by default, maybe the update turned yours back off.

Hey - yeah thanks it's enabled. Checked all my usual settings incl. Eco after the PCM update and it was still on. I actually just got in from getting annoyed with it and turned the ignition on/off maybe 30 times. Ran one of those health reports, drove round the block and EV+ showed up thankfully. Started to wonder if Ford knew about our work around and decided to mess with us so you can't just turn it off/on but actually have to move as well to get it to recognize home. Already love this car, but with MFT 3.6 and hopefully better mileage (bought Jan and still only 4K with average 46.3mpg - work from home), this may finally overtake my first car - 1972 Mini Cooper - as my favorite. Now to move away from FL to somewhere with better drivers and seasons...

Hey - yeah thanks it's enabled. Checked all my usual settings incl. Eco after the PCM update and it was still on. I actually just got in from getting annoyed with it and turned the ignition on/off maybe 30 times. Ran one of those health reports, drove round the block and EV+ showed up thankfully. Started to wonder if Ford knew about our work around and decided to mess with us so you can't just turn it off/on but actually have to move as well to get it to recognize home. Already love this car, but with MFT 3.6 and hopefully better mileage (bought Jan and still only 4K with average 46.3mpg - work from home), this may finally overtake my first car - 1972 Mini Cooper - as my favorite. Now to move away from FL to somewhere with better drivers and seasons...

Lol, if you find that magic place, let me know.

Well...I finally have my Maxine scheduled for next Tuesday for the update and have Galpin look at my chainsaw AC noise as well. In the meantime I am having fun fanging my CMax around and couldn't care less with the MPGs....yaaaah.....and I am still running :flirt:  51MPG Avg

Not quite there Jus but have managed to pull out a 44.5 AvMPG solidly for the last two days driving around town.  Something seems to have changed because my numbers are more predictable with this tank.  I feel it is because of the placement of my GasPods.  They are working and making a difference thanks to Susanne.

Edited by mtb9153

Are all of you just calling your dealer and setting up an appointment? I called mine last week and the person I spoke to at the service department had no idea what I was talking about. I am going to call again this week. I am reading about others on this forum who are having problems with their dealers just trying to explain the upgrade, and a few dealers apparently are up to the task. Don't you think it is kind of scary to have a dealer upgrade your vehicle when you know more about the upgrade then they do!! ;)

Yes, I called my dealer and asked for the recall services mentioned above.  They had not contacted me, but I was one of the first one's on the forum to actually get it.  Not all dealers are moving at the same pace.  All should have the PCM (powertrain control module) update, and some will have the headliner parts.  I am still waiting on my parts for the headliner.

Yes, I called my dealer and asked for the recall services mentioned above.  They had not contacted me, but I was one of the first one's on the forum to actually get it.  Not all dealers are moving at the same pace.  All should have the PCM (powertrain control module) update, and some will have the headliner parts.  I am still waiting on my parts for the headliner.

dealer here is going by vin number and date sold as to who gets in for the recall after their stock was updated It went in Tuesday and the recall / fuel economy upgrade was done by mid-afternoon. unfortunately they are running into issues with the A/C weed whacker sound effects, still don;t have the car back.

Update - dealer called, no car today either. A/C parts ordered hopefully they will be in tomorrow. Weather is even not cooperating, been raining so I can't put the top down:(

Edited by Wingrider01

Got the letter today. My dealer still has not heard of any upgrade. What are they going to do if this car actually needs real service? I have little confidence that Ford can support or maintain this vehicle. I am going to take the letter I got, and other information from the internet to my dealer on Saturday morning and show it to them. I will talk to a supervisor when I get there and see if I get anywhere. I could try another dealer, but they are pretty far away.

Got the letter today. My dealer still has not heard of any upgrade. What are they going to do if this car actually needs real service? I have little confidence that Ford can support or maintain this vehicle. I am going to take the letter I got, and other information from the internet to my dealer on Saturday morning and show it to them. I will talk to a supervisor when I get there and see if I get anywhere. I could try another dealer, but they are pretty far away.

Ford does not equal dealer.  Sounds like your issue is with the dealer.