Tomorrow I am going to the dealership for the 8th time

pjurek99

Software updates are coming out all the time for new cars. First year models are always heavily updated.

It's not unusual for this type of thing. You're just not being realistic about buying the newest technologically advanced car.

The system improvements are for your benefit, so you should have a little better attitude towards your cars needs.

REMEMBER:  It's a first year product and you opted into early production ownership. Relax and enjoy the whizzbang  ;)

You could hold off a little while between visits, but then you'll still have some bugs to deal with. Maybe go into

the dealer every 3rd update ?  That will slow your trips to the dealer.

Myself, I would go ASAP and not make an issue out of it. Would you be posting anything, if things were reversed ?

It seems like most people only post if they have something to complain about.  Not many post how happy they

are when the car isn't in need of something...... :victory:

I'm 110% happy with my car.  It's been a great vehicle and the love affair rolls on  :wub2:

Edited by drdiesel1

Yep, I had about 6 days in the shop, 3 of them was for Galpin to diagnose my GPS going astray....but its worth it. Other was the 13b07 update and got my liftgate fixed so its ONE ninjitsu kick now.

Car has been superfine and GPS works great since they replaced it. More than happy with how Ford is updating this car especially with the 3.5.1 to 3.6.2 MFT and the other major updates.

Plus, how often does a car manufacturer enabled the a regular non-PHEV with > 63 mph EV, try saying that to the Prii owners who still stuck in 1st gear at 45 mph....after 10+ years of hybrid experience....Toyota is still stuck on 1st gear, lol.

:flirt:  Ford Motors Company

:flirt: :love_shower: :flirt:  my CMax more.

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Yep, I had about 6 days in the shop, 3 of them was for Galpin to diagnose my GPS going astray....but its worth it. Other was the 13b07 update and got my liftgate fixed so its ONE ninjitsu kick now.

Car has been superfine and GPS works great since they replaced it. More than happy with how Ford is updating this car especially with the 3.5.1 to 3.6.2 MFT and the other major updates.

Plus, how often does a car manufacturer enabled the a regular non-PHEV with > 63 mph EV, try saying that to the Prii owners who still stuck in 1st gear at 45 mph....after 10+ years of hybrid experience....Toyota is still stuck on 1st gear, lol.

:flirt:  Ford Motors Company

:flirt: :love_shower: :flirt:  my CMax more.

Good thoughts Jus, I second the motion :judge:

Yes I agree I think Ford is doing an exceptional job supporting the CMax and it's owners the way they have in it's first year of production.  Bugs are expected in a new model especially one as high tech as this.  Frankly I'm thrilled that in the first year of ownership, Maxus as not had to spend the night once at the dealership.  That is many times better than I could say for my other cars including GM, Dodge/Plymouth, Datsun (Nissan) AMC.  They all spent several days and weeks at the dealership some with major drivetrain issues/repairs

I've had no problems taking mine to dealer for updates, usually dropped off before work, courtsey ride to work, call them to pick me up after work and picked up with updated all fixed. Only had problem once with the MTF update, was on of 1st cars to do at dealership, they kept having issues during install, until they realised not to use WiFi for download's. Had to get a 'landline" for the computer in the service bay but by than near closing time for service so they gave me a loaner car, 2011 Mustang. Was pretty cool..

Overall really happy with C-Max and service from dealership...  

This is the first new car where I have had numerous recalls in the first year.  But as mentioned above, this is a first year production car.  What I like about recalls is that Ford is standing behind its product and if something isn't working, they are getting out in front to get it fixed.  This is also the first time I've upgraded a car function using a USB thumb drive.  I could have used this feature years ago.

The fact is, the C-Max is almost half mechanical and half computer and all of the recalls have been about technology issues and not mechanical issues.  Ford gave me $550 because I might feel cheated in not getting 47 mpg.  I can't think of any other product that I have bought where the product did not meet expectations, and the company paid me to off set the failure to meet performance - without me asking for compensation!

<<< I deleted the unnecessary words; ok - they were nice. >> 

Another day wasted. Sorry, guys. 

BTW: How often do you have to pull over and to re-close the liftgate because all of a sudden it gets open? How often do you have to pull over and wait until the gps fixes the satellites? How very hard you have to slam your door to have it closed? And how many times you have to take the car from a Ford-Certified service and discover that it is not fixed or there are things fixed partially?

And you have to pay for it as well as for extra miles driven to dealership and for the car service? Trips to dealership twice a month mean like $100-$150 extra PLUS having in mind that your car is a lemon. Thank God there is a legal way to resolve the problem.

When I was at the dealership a guy brought an Escape for the service and he said - "I bought a new car but it is a fixer-upper". He had two pages of flaws listed.

And the service representative went with me to see the symptoms and he admitted that there are customers who are fed up with their Edges, Escapes and Fusions. 

Edited by pjurek99

No shuttle service, no courtesy car, no respect.  :redcard:

Another day wasted. Sorry, guys. 

BTW: How often do you have to pull over and to re-close the liftgate because all of a sudden it gets open? How often do you have to pull over and wait until the gps fixes the satellites? How very hard you have to slam your door to have it closed? And how many times you have to take the car from a Ford-Certified service and discover that it is not fixed or there are things fixed partially?

And you have to pay for it as well as for extra miles driven to dealership and for the car service? Trips to dealership twice a month mean like $100-$150 extra PLUS having in mind that your car is a lemon. Thank God there is a legal way to resolve the problem.

When I was at the dealership a guy brought an Escape for the service and he said - "I bought a new car but it is a fixer-upper". He had two pages of flaws listed.

And the service representative went with me to see the symptoms and he admitted that there are customers who are fed up with their Edges, Escapes and Fusions. 

So how is that Ford's fault ????  Sounds like your dealer is incompetent and could care less about you.

Are you a chronic complainer ?

Edited by drdiesel1

So how is that Ford's fault ????  Sounds like your dealer is incompetent and could care less about you.

Well, who knows. I am only curious what is wrong with the CAR. That is all. 

Do I have high expectations? I just want to drive a car that I can depend on. And mine is not dependable.

Or maybe the dealership is simply unable to fix it. Or maybe the updates/fixes are not working.

Otherwise the car is perfect! Nice, smooth, agile. I DO like it. 

I just do not like how the Ford is standing behind its product. There were way too many unsuccessful repairs. It might have been a stellar product. Unfortunately - it is something, that I cannot depend on.

Am I expecting too much? Why do I have to pay for it?

Edited by pjurek99

Woah, lets ease up DrEasel, ok. 

pjurek - "No shuttle service, no courtesy car, no respect.  "  That is solely your dealer, I am with Galpin Motor Company for the reason that they provide the best service here in the San Fernando valley. That's how they get repeat business from my family and we usually buy their high end Jaguars, this is our 1st Ford with Galpin. I don't think many car buyers consider the dealer service as part of the purchase criteria....and they ALWAYS get stung with similar comment  as yours - not uncommon at all. 

In regard to "unsuccessful" repairs, I would be in the same boat as you if that was true. Again, I think it's your dealers fault...not all Ford dealers are up there in tech...as clearly shown by the 13b07 where wireless is a certain failure and a hard line ethernet - most dealers who do not deal with a lot of CMaxs learn this the hard way and unfortunately burn some customers due to their inexperience.

Let us know how you go. Salsaguy had a link to "dealer rater", some search engine for car dealers with rating, might be an idea to see if you can find a better service dealer around you.

My 2c.

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Woah, lets ease up DrEasel, ok. 

pjurek - Salsaguy had a link to "dealer rater", some search engine for car dealers with rating, might be an idea to see if you can find a better service dealer around you.

My 2c.

I called other dealerships, Jus, but when they heard where I was taking the car to - they said they would not want to step in. They just refused to schedule an appt.

That's odd. We did not buy the car local but were told by the local shop they would be happy to service us. It's a ford update so it's covered. They get paid by ford for doing this.

I agree, those are problems that should be fixed by your dealer. Have you called ford?

How far away do you have to drive to bring your car?? 150.00?? Yikes! Find a dealer that's closer. Most of them want to win your business.

Good luck!

That's odd. We did not buy the car local but were told by the local shop they would be happy to service us. It's a ford update so it's covered. They get paid by ford for doing this.

I agree, those are problems that should be fixed by your dealer. Have you called ford?

How far away do you have to drive to bring your car?? 150.00?? Yikes! Find a dealer that's closer. Most of them want to win your business.

Good luck!

I have called Ford before. Like a month ago.

And my dealer is ~30 miles away. I took the car from them because I lived there. Now, since I moved, I have to drive there. And the morning rush around NYC (sometimes) is a pain. Today it took only 40 mins. But the return trip took more than 1 hr. The car stayed overnight. They fixed 2 of 4 things. The door and the Navi is still not working. Ouch - sorry - the no-brake-while-reversing issue was not looked into again. So 1 of 4 things - the liftgate... They say the navi works fine, the left door works fine and the braking was not looked into.

So other dealers said - the thing is "unfinished" and that if my dealer put any new parts - they would not take responsibility for the repairs. This is their explanation why they refused to take the car for service.

Edited by pjurek99

I called other dealerships, Jus, but when they heard where I was taking the car to - they said they would not want to step in. They just refused to schedule an appt.

That's pure crap treatment from your surrounding dealers, no wonder you are frustrated. Your car, I assume, is still within the bumper to bumper warranty, correct?

Rachel is right, you should be able to take it to any Ford dealer, its covered by Ford and not by the dealer so the dealer gets paid by Ford. I would not say anything where the car is from if I were you.,,,this sounds fishy for them to do that.

That's pure crap treatment from your surrounding dealers, no wonder you are frustrated. Your car, I assume, is still within the bumper to bumper warranty, correct?

Rachel is right, you should be able to take it to any Ford dealer, its covered by Ford and not by the dealer so the dealer gets paid by Ford. I would not say anything where the car is from if I were you.,,,this sounds fishy for them to do that.

Maybe this new dealer is not confident of their ability to fix :detective:  a 1/2 upgraded car?

Plus you have to very VERY careful/diplomatic when dealing with someone else's customer.

So I picked up the car. The liftgate was fixed (there is a TSB for that).

The left door was not fixed.

The braking issue was not addressed.

The Navigation is not fixed... On my way back it showed as if I was driving thru backyards... 

The ticket is closed. The invoice is in my hand. 

The only advantage of my trip there is that I drove the F150 for 1 day (borrowed from a friend). I drove it for ~100 miles, then I refuelled it and it was ~9 gallons of regular. So where is the advantage? My C-Max is showing 36.5 MPG (yesterday after 80 miles of driving it was showing 44.2 MPG when I dropped the car at the dealership so they "killed" the MPG again).

According to somebody I am a chronic complainer. As a matter of fact my case turns to be justified...