Order to Delivery Time Thread

ScooterS

My dealer finally got back to me regarding the order number and the $750 incentive. They said the $750 is locked in at order time. I guess I will have to take their word for it now.

A bit a good news. They gave me a VIN. :happy feet:  but I can't seem to pull up the window sticker associated with it. Maybe because it's too new?

Sounds about right for your delivery Jay.

I ordered my car on Feb. 2nd. The VIN was assigned 3 weeks later on the 23rd. The build date was the 28th. My dealer said delivery is about 2 weeks from the time the VIN is assigned, which would put it next week for me.(HOPEFULLY if you can believe what the dealers say). On my window sticker it has as method of delivery CONVOY, that means by truck. I'm only 4 hrs form the factory just across the state line in north central Ohio. Look at your window stickers method of delivery bet it says TRAIN. I'm told that the cars are put on a train and shipped to a distribution center in Tenn. Then they are trucked out to dealers from there. So it depends on how long it sits at the factory and distribution center before shipment. as to when you get your car.

Hope this helps you.

My deposit was charged to my CC on January 21 - Saturday (March 2) I was called and told the car was at the dealership - 5 1/2 weeks.  FWIW, the salesperson told me that the dealership adjusted the color and equipment of a "stock order" to meet my request, so the car itself may have been in the pipeline for a little while before it was "ordered."

Ordered February 4th

Energi SEL Blue Candy/Medium Light Stone Leather 303a Panoramic Roof, Exterior Protection Package and Daytime Running Lights

No VIN yet!

My father-in-law walked into local dealership this past Saturday and purchased a Hybrid SE Ice Storm bare bones basic model right off of the trailer.  Nice car.  Hope he can learn how to drive it now. 

The wait is horrible. Read the board to pass the time. Surf. Stretch. Get some sun. Keep hydrated. Try to sleep.

Then when the car gets here all you will want to do is drive it! But please don't forget about us. We still love to talk cars. Then the convo will turn to mpgs and temps and routes and gadgets etc.

Enjoy the wait.

I have been a student of this car since last fall and have searched the internet for information.  I test drove a C-Max Hydrid in September 2012 and decided that the Energi would be for me.  When I started the test drive, I noticed that the MPG was 34, when I had completed the 6 mile test drive, the average MPG was 44.  I figured that part of the problem with the MPG on the vehicle I was driving was either weather related or people not knowing how to drive a hybrid.  I have owned a 2010 Prius since June 2010 and know what it takes to get the most out of the vehicle.  My best MPG with the Prius is 54 and the average since purchase is 49.  Current MPG is 45 due to the extreme cold weather.  I drive on a state highway to work around 8 miles one way.  I have a fast charge station at work and figure that I will charge at work during the week and at home on weekends.  I will use very little gas.