Order to Delivery Time Thread

ScooterS

Now I am reading the owners manual to figure out a symbol on the dash.  Maybe someone knows.  It is a picture of a car with an arrow that points right and left.  Hopefully it is something normal.  Rachel your car will be coming soon!

The little green car with arrows pointing right and left means "Ready to Drive". It's there to tell you that it's OK to put it in gear and start driving now.

When you own a car like this, sometimes you get in and turn the key (or push the button) and nothing happens. In a regular car that's bad. In this car, however, it's normal. It means that the engine is already warmed and the battery is OK, so they need something to tell you "go ahead" since they know you might sit there and wonder why the engine didn't start.

That light is telling you that you've turned the car on properly, and now it's OK to go ahead and start driving. In Toyota hybrids, the word "Ready" appears for this same purpose. I personally prefer the little car-and-arrows thing in the Fords. However, it could be a little larger or more obvious. It's easy to miss.

I also get a "Pop-Up" box screen on the left side info display that says "Ready To Drive" as well as the "Green Car and Arrows" when I start the car.  As soon as I do anything the "pop-up" disappears but the "Green Car and Arrows" remains lighted the entire time the car is "On".  I also get a similar "pop-up" screen reminding me the Parking Brake is On....  That maybe a feature of the SEL package, or other options, as I don't recall seeing it in the C-Max we test drove.

I also get a similar "pop-up" screen reminding me the Parking Brake is On....  That maybe a feature of the SEL package, or other options, as I don't recall seeing it in the C-Max we test drove.

No, I have an SE and I get the same pop-up "dialogue box" notifying me that the parking brake is on.  You can either press "OK" on the left Information Display Control or else simply start driving and this dialogue box will disappear.

Model: C-Max SEL, Sterling Gray, 302A pkg + pano roof thingy
Date Ordered: Saturday, 11/24/12
Promised Delivery time: 8 to 10 Weeks
VIN Available: not yet
Window Sticker Available: nada
Scheduled Build Week: nil
Scheduled Build Date: null
Actual Build Date: nuthin
Released from Factory for Shipping: zero
Estimated Delivery Date: zilch
Actual Delivery Date: goose egg
State: CO

Model: C-Max SEL, Sterling Gray, 302A pkg + pano roof thingy

Date Ordered: Saturday, 11/24/12

Promised Delivery time: 8 to 10 Weeks

VIN Available: not yet

Window Sticker Available: nada

Scheduled Build Week: nil

Scheduled Build Date: null

Actual Build Date: nuthin

Released from Factory for Shipping: zero

Estimated Delivery Date: zilch

Actual Delivery Date: goose egg

State: CO

Finally got the order. It's actually just a screen print from when they ordered it, I think. It shows Ord Type 1, Priority 10,  and then the order code, paint code, trim code, options etc. At the bottom, the status is "U311 - ORDER NO. XXXX HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE ORDER BANK."

Nuttin else.

When I asked what the order status is now, they said "The order has not been pulled yet", whatever THAT means.

Model: C-Max Hybrid SEL
Date Ordered: Saturday, 10/20/12
Promised Delivery time: 6 to 8 Weeks
VIN Available: 11/5/12
Window Sticker Available: 11/13/12
Scheduled Build Date: 11/19/12
Actual Build Date: 11/19/12
Released from Factory for Shipping: 11/21/12
Estimated Delvery Date: 12/7/12 (Revised from 12/03/12)

Rail Location:

• 11/29 1800 Detroit Area (Moving)
  • 12/3 Car has entered Texas. Heading Southwest for drop point in San Antonio

Actual Delivery Date: TBD

State: TX

Hey Scooter this is getting exciting!  Won't be long now. When my car got to within 150 miles (and finally got onto a rail car without mechanical problems) it took less than 48 hours.   I was out in Tip for most of the day.  All is going well and my mileage is dropping fairly quickly as I break her in.  I was thinking about how the terminology for us Canadians is so different i.e. I want my kph to decrease to 4.0 L per 100 kilometers and you Americans want yours to go up to 47 mpg.  The measuring system is so different, but basically we all want consumption of gas down.

Hey Scooter this is getting exciting!  Won't be long now. When my car got to within 150 miles (and finally got onto a rail car without mechanical problems) it took less than 48 hours.   I was out in Tip for most of the day.  All is going well and my mileage is dropping fairly quickly as I break her in.  I was thinking about how the terminology for us Canadians is so different i.e. I want my kph to decrease to 4.0 L per 100 kilometers and you Americans want yours to go up to 47 mpg.  The measuring system is so different, but basically we all want consumption of gas down.

Canadians have a superior system.  It makes much more sense to measure in gallons per 100 miles in the states (which the new window sitckers show).  The reason being, if you have a vehicle that gets 10mpg and are thinking about moving to 20mpg vehicle, that is a much more profound difference than moving from a 30mpg vehicle to a 40mpg vehicle.  You'll save much more in the former situation than you would in the latter, but in both cases, its still a 10mpg increase.  The gallons per 100 miles is much more illustrative of this.

My 12-1 delivery has come and gone with no C-Max. The car continues to wait in Jessup, MD. The transporter, Allied Automotive Group, is taking its time, guess that is why they are in Chapter 11 bankrupcy.

Oh brother that is awful!  Can your dealer intervene somehow or even Ford?

Model: C-Max Hybrid SEL
Date Ordered: Saturday, 10/20/12
Promised Delivery time: 6 to 8 Weeks
VIN Available: 11/5/12
Window Sticker Available: 11/13/12
Scheduled Build Date: 11/19/12
Actual Build Date: 11/19/12
Released from Factory for Shipping: 11/21/12
Estimated Delvery Date: 12/7/12 (Revised from 12/03/12)

Rail Location:

• 11/29 1800 Detroit Area (Moving)
  • 12/3 Car has entered Texas. Heading Southwest for drop point in San Antonio
  • 12/4 Car is "Constructively Placed" at the rail drop point in San Antonio. Awaiting Unloading.

Actual Delivery Date: TBD

State: TX

Model: C-Max Hybrid SEL - Ice Storm, Light Stone Leather, 302a

Date Ordered: 10/03/2012

Promised Delivery time: 60 - 90 days

VIN Available: 11/15/12

Window Sticker Available: 12/05/12

Scheduled Build Date: 12/11/12

Estimated Delivery Date:  01/07/13

Actual Delivery Date: TBD

State: AK

It is getting closer!  The window sticker became available today with the to the day build date of 12/11.  The rail shipment across country and ship transport from Washington to Anchorage, AK will be the guessing game on how long during the holidays.  The original process was delayed by a month by the dealer when they did not realize it needed to go in under the verification program.  Can't wait.  My current car is in the shop waiting on a part.  I have been driving a Camry for the last week and do not see the huge attraction to it.

Hi Don.  I have the same car and colour.  Yours will probably follow a similar route on the train that mine did--as I live Vancouver, B.C.  Once it gets on the train, you will be able to track it with info that Scooter gave us.  I tracked mine with his info. and it was fun to do.  Your car needs to be on the train before you can do that, and you have to get your salesperson give you the visibility report so you can find the rail car number.  What is with these sales people who don't know what information and forms to fill out?  From order to delivery, mine took about 7 weeks and that included it having to be transferred onto a different rail car in Kent, Washington--as the rail car went unserviceable.  You will love your car.

No news for me yet in SW Ohio.  It's been over 7 weeks since the order for my C-MAX SEL went in.

RachelnLA, you mentioned an allocation issue earlier in the posts.  What is that all about?  I am wondering, because if it's what I think it is...my dealer has sold 3 C-Max's since they got their first one on the lot in eary October and that may be my problem.

From what I understand the dealer is allocated x number of cars to order. Crazy, but we heard this at almost every dealer - they had to get allocation approval.

I have heard this too:

If they are ordering for the lot and then another dealer needs one for a customer the customers car comes first.

My dealer has no clue about tracking. None. I just pray they ordered correctly. I may have to make a surprise trip and see what they can give me as far as information. I would really be upset to wait weeks only to find they didn't do it correctly.