Ford to end C-max production at Michigan plant

djc

I'm happy that you have found a site that suit's you better. Maybe it would be better if you went there.

markd, you've just set the probable cause for internet stalking, now a crime in all 50 States. 

Is that why you don't want to share your Location? Been harassing people long time now, who do not agree with your POV? 

I don't even know what your point of view is, just that you seem to be an angry person. This site is about cars and if you don't have anything to add you might want to think about leaving. I love my C-max BTW.

Thanks for continuing your Internet Stalking, it better configures the evidence for Investigators and the Federal offices.

So far you've called me an antagonist, angry, and told me to leave. 

I see you've neglected many aspects of ID in your profile as well, like many of the Moderators have; Why is that? 

Why don't you send me a PM with your vitriolic spew so the rest of the Forum doesn't have to read your anger. 

Not to worry, I'm sure that you'll be banned soon enough.

Banned for?

The Cyber-Stalking that you are doing is now a Federal crime, all your digital finger-prints are here. I'm not the one stalking and name calling other members here.

I see you have decided to ignore my adult and reasonable request to simply send PMs, and spare the rest of the site from your tirade.

Very good, have a nice day.  

Guys, keep to the topic of this thread: Ford ending CMax production at Michigan.

So please, no hate and no politics - this is NOT the forum.

Cheezy, if you find another forum to patronize, please feel free to go there and not antagonize the other posters or stir the community by the injection of politics into the discussion. 

Thanks everyone :)

The encouraging thing is "new generation" C-Max, so it sounds like it's going to stay around. The big question is, what will it look like...

Won't matter to me even though I really like the 2015 C-Max Energi I am now driving.  NO WAY will I buy a car or truck made in Mexico!  There may be limited options, but I will buy US or Canadian built as long as I can!

You do know your C-Max engine is made in Mexico, right?

You do know your C-Max engine is made in Mexico, right?

I doubt if there is any mass produced car or truck made today in the US or Canada that doesn't have foreign content in it.  I believe at one time the country of origin used to be stated on the window sticker as to where the engine and transmission were made.  I think some also stated the percentage of foreign parts used.

Engines, transmission, fabrics, electronics, wires, plastics, steel, tires, etc are all common items which may be foreign supplied.

I consider a car or truck to be US/Canadian made if the VIN starts with a number 1 (US) or 2 (Canada) or if the final assembly plant on the window sticker is noted as being in one of those two countries.  My C-Max starts with a number 1 and is noted as final assembly in Michigan.

• 1 month later...

Glad to see ford is going to keep the plant open That will be good for Michigan we don't need any more empty plants still it's sad that the C-Max  not being built here it's a  great car hope by moving it south of the boarder the quality does not suffer.  Was surprised to see them talking about bring the ranger back I thought it was also a low profit vehicle and that was why they stopped selling them in the states and where building them in India. I've owned two Rangers over the years always like them better then the full size trucks.

Its disappointing that they are moving production of the C-Max's to Mexico. I know its a cost saving measure, but maybe its just me but I'd be okay paying a little more for the car knowing that I was supporting at least the American workers who put the car together. I know the parts come from all around the globe, but at least it was 'made in America', right? The other thing that ruffles my feathers is that they discontinued the Ranger and laid off a bunch of people working at the Ford plant in St. Paul, Minnesota. Eventually the factory was demolished, and now the lot sits vacant, a big parking lot of sorts. I hoped that they could bring the production of the Ranger back to the state to put more people back to work, but it would probably cost a lot to build a new factory, so its probably a pipe dream. One thing my grandfather mentioned of the Ranger he owned, it didn't get that great of gas mileage and it didn't have a whole lot of pickup for a pickup truck. Maybe they will throw the 2.0L I-4 Ecoboost in it, giving it a little more power and better fuel economy? I might even consider it as a second vehicle if they did that! 

The Ranger is likely based on recent stories. If you carefully read Blueovalforum and other media it is clear that the platform replacing the c platform (Focus, Escape, Cmax, MKC etc is designed to maximize EV and Plug-in potential.  2018? While it is obvious that Ford walked away from the Cmax in 2014 (last year for minor aerodynamic adjustment...2015, 2016 and (I predict)2017 are essentially unchanged). an EV of 300 plus miles, a plug-in Escape and MKC with much improved EV range are quite feasible.  The Ford family are pro-EV, I'm told. So the name may go but the concept is all but assure.  A 2019 Ford EV is on my wish list!

The Ranger is likely based on recent stories. If you carefully read Blueovalforum and other media it is clear that the platform replacing the c platform (Focus, Escape, Cmax, MKC etc is designed to maximize EV and Plug-in potential.  2018? While it is obvious that Ford walked away from the Cmax in 2014 (last year for minor aerodynamic adjustment...2015, 2016 and (I predict)2017 are essentially unchanged). an EV of 300 plus miles, a plug-in Escape and MKC with much improved EV range are quite feasible.  The Ford family are pro-EV, I'm told. So the name may go but the concept is all but assure.  A 2019 Ford EV is on my wish list!

I think the Escape is out. The profile is too high to be efficient. They went that route with the FEH, which I owned. I really wished there were an Escape hybrid or plug in.

• 7 months later...

Update on new Ford Mexico plant and C-Max and Focus production there beginning 2018:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-ford-mexico-car-factory-20160405-story.html

Confirms future Ranger production at Wayne plant. 

Mentions huge US/Mexico labor cost disparity  ($60 vs. $8 per hour total compensation), and political aspects of plant moves.

Presumably move will coincide with a C-max re-design (so about 6-year run for 2013 MY design).  Seems aa bit long in time of rapid tech change.

Update on new Ford Mexico plant and C-Max and Focus production there beginning 2018:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-ford-mexico-car-factory-20160405-story.html

Confirms future Ranger production at Wayne plant. 

Mentions huge US/Mexico labor cost disparity  ($60 vs. $8 per hour total compensation), and political aspects of plant moves.

Presumably move will coincide with a C-max re-design (so about 6-year run for 2013 MY design).  Seems aa bit long in time of rapid tech change.

I saw a report that C-max production will move there as well, but that was a union source, and they may be assuming this to be true. All they care about are the lost jobs. I will believe in the C-Max continuing when I see the 2017 model for sale.

" All they care about are the lost jobs."

+1 For some reason losing my job was all I cared about, lost it once I was luck didn't miss a day of work, got a raise, kept the house, etc.

SEVERAL friends not so lucky :rant2: !

Edited by wab

" All they care about are the lost jobs."

+1 For some reason losing my job was all I cared about, lost it once I was luck didn't miss a day of work, got a raise, kept the house, etc.

SEVERAL friends not so lucky :rant2: !

Oh, I didn't mean to imply criticism. I think the NAFTA thing was a really stupid idea. My own job is ending soon, I'm searching now.

I only meant to indicate that they may not know or care if the C-Max is going to be built in Mexico; it doesn't concern them.

Edited by stevedebi

I saw a report that C-max production will move there as well, but that was a union source, and they may be assuming this to be true. All they care about are the lost jobs. I will believe in the C-Max continuing when I see the 2017 model for sale.

Oh, I didn't mean to imply criticism. I think the NAFTA thing was a really stupid idea. My own job is ending soon, I'm searching now.

I only meant to indicate that they may not know or care if the C-Max is going to be built in Mexico; it doesn't concern them.

:thumbsup:  Good luck with your job search, if you feel the need to relocate please take a look at Texas it's unbelievable how many quality jobs are moving/being created.

The new Toyota Corp office is HUGE!

:thumbsup:  Good luck with your job search, if you feel the need to relocate please take a look at Texas it's unbelievable how many quality jobs are moving/being created.

The new Toyota Corp office is HUGE!

I'm a native Texan and would love to move there, and they have lots of high tech around Austin. But my family is pure California, and no one else wants to move...

• 8 months later...

Look's like Ford has decided to reverse some of the vehicles slated for production in Mexico...not sure if CMax is one of the vehicle's that will still be built in US:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-01-03/ford-cancels-plans-for-new-1-6-billion-mexico-plant

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/03/news/economy/ford-700-jobs-trump/

Edited by Zathrus